[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRACKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Pokemon foot prints.png (2 KB, 492x158) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon foot prints.png
2 KB, 492x158
Okay, why is tracking so fucking hard for me?
Has anyone figured out the exact distance of each foot print?
I know the closer it is to the top left the better.

Last night I tried tracking a 3 footprint Haunter.
I was constantly going down every which way every time he got closer to the top.
I was nearly 2 miles from my starting point and he never made it to the top row, and was still 3 footprints.
I was using incense too.

Then today, a Ivysaur pop up, same thing except I got him to the top row, but he was still 3 foot prints away.

Are they expecting us to walk into peoples back yards or more?

Do pokemon on the map move or are they stationary?

How do you track?
>>
>>27172746
Incense doesn't attract pokemon on your nearby list just like lure modules don't either

also pokemon can move just like you do
>>
Ignore 3 footprint pokemon. You will never find them. You're better off going after that 1 footprint pidgey because you'll actually get something out of it.
>>
Yeah, they really need to add some quality of life improvements. An actual way to track the Pokemon you want like providing an area on the map where the Pokemon is/a Crazy Taxi-esque arrow pointing in the Pokemon's general direction would be incredibly helpful. Just some sort of way to indicate the Pokemon's position in relation to your position.
>>
>>27172872
What? I find 3 print Pokémon all the time. You just have to be walking in the correct direction.
>>
>>27172879
During the beta, they used to just tell you how far the pokemon was from your location.
>>
>>27172746
I cracked it a while ago, and I'm getting all the gyaradoses and Electabuzzes I want now. You click at the bottom right, and you see Pokemon in a grid listed this way:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

1 is the Pokemon closest to you while 9 is the farthest. Track down the Pokemon you want by going in one direction, and seeing if it's lower or higher on the queue.

When it's at least 1-4, or two footprints, tap on that Pokemon so the nearby function allows you to set your sights on that Pokemon exclusively. Go in a certain direction until you it spawns.

Of course, you don't get everything, but I get 9/10 of my mons by doing it this way. 3 footprint mons aren't impossible if they're not 7-9.
>>
>>27172908
No fucking shit retard
>>
>>27172908
This would be fine if it didn't mean you literally have to wander around aimlessly trying to orient yourself in relation to the nearest Pokemon. You literally have to walk in every direction until you find out where the Pokemon actually is.
>>
>>27172746
No footprints = Finding it very soon
1 footprint = 20 meters away
2 footprints = 100 meters away
3 footprints = 1 kilometer away
>>
follow the grassy patches
Highlight the pokemon then expand the map outward and use your best judgement to determine where it is,
Obviously a grassy patch right next to you isn't representative of a 3 footprint pokemon, but a patch a bit out of the way is
>>
>>27172746
3 footprints is about 50 feet

Tracked a pikachu this morning.
>>
File: pwofj.png (13 KB, 1027x612) Image search: [Google]
pwofj.png
13 KB, 1027x612
>>27172889
This is roughly my path last night with the haunter
It was bullshit
At the end I turn it off and turn it back on and Haunter was gone
>>
If you track a Pokemon for a long time and it doesn't move in your list up or down and the footprints don't update, reset your game. If it's gone when you get back in, it's because you were chasing a ghost. Their servers literally just suck enormous ass.
>>
>>27173052
If it ever jumps down to two prints just keep heading in that direction is the only advice I can give. They're normally decently far away, but if you kind of sweep the area, you should be able to find one. It probably takes a smidgen of luck too.
>>
File: 1449207787867.gif (1 MB, 329x222) Image search: [Google]
1449207787867.gif
1 MB, 329x222
>>27172839
>pokemon can move just like you do
WHAT
>>
>>27172957
Don't be a bitch, he's being helpful.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-10-55-49.png (437 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-10-55-49.png
437 KB, 720x1280
I keep having to close the app and reopen it when trying to catch pokemon, it gets stuck on this screen. Is this happening to anyone else?
>>
>>27173330
Yes and they usually give me the Pokemon
>>
The tracking works but during peak hours it becomes useless because the servers aren't feeding you updated info fast enough. Early in the morning on the east coast you'll be able to accurately track down a three foot print, but around 9 at night when you have east coasters plus west coasters that got out of work the tracking becomes iffy since it doesn't update constantly. You could have a poke be at three prints for an hour and it turns out you passed it without knowing. A good way to tell if you're getting fresh info is to see if the details of nearby pokestops are available or if it has to load them for a while when you click on them. If it's quick, you're good, if not try exiting and reloading
>>
>>27173330
They just give you the Pokemon now, because they wold deduct my balls and then I wouldn't get the shit.
>>
>>27172746
Why don't you just tap the Pokemon you're tracking, tap the compass in the corner so that it goes into compass mode, and follow the direction of the red arrow while watching the Pokemon pulse green to verify? I've been doing that and it has really helped.
>>
File: 1466733910014.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466733910014.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>27174427
wait what
>>
>>27174427
The red arrow points to north dingus
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.