[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon Go makes 100x the money the mainline games to at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1460179036596.png (226 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460179036596.png
226 KB, 500x375
>Pokemon Go makes 100x the money the mainline games to at half the cost
>Nintendo/TPC start cutting jobs at GameFreak left and right
>Pokemon Go becomes the face of the franchise
>more social GPS games for Pokemon games start getting developed
>mainline games get sidelined and moved to a 3 year release schedule

Hope you're all ready.
>>
File: 170961538.jpg (86 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
170961538.jpg
86 KB, 507x338
>tfw the mainline games pander horribly to GO fans
>>
>>27172570
Given that new mainline games are on a 3-4 year schedule anyway, that's not so bad. As long as Game Freak's still making money, though, there's no reason for them to cut staff. We'll see what happens over the rest of the year.

>>27172604
This would be far more disturbing than anything in the OP.
>>
File: tips fedora.gif (3 MB, 340x286) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.gif
3 MB, 340x286
>>27172604
>it's pandering when other people get what they want, but not when it's about me! I'm special!
>>
gamefreak is an indepdendent company. Only they can cut jobs
>>
Good. Yearly release was the worst thing to happen to Pokemon.
>Nintendo/TPC start cutting jobs at GameFreak left and right
Many people working at TPCi don't actually deserve to be working there. TPCi is a hilariously incompetent company and Youtubers do so much of their own advertising and event planning better than they do.

Honestly, if Pokemon Go started competing with the mainline games, that would finally make it so mainline can stop being so lazy and getting away with it. They'd have to start competing with themselves, then they'd finally have a competetor aside from Yokai Watch in Japan only or Magic the Gathering.
>>
File: 1386104102258.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1386104102258.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
>>27172604
>>27172609
I would put money on them adding GO integration with the mainline games.
If not in SM, then in SM2 or Eclipse or whatever.
>>
>>27172570
Nah. Pokemon go will die down like every other game. Fallout vault? Ain't no one still making much money off it.
Mobile is all the same. Get in get fuck get out.
>>
>>27172620
gamefreak is owned by nintendo and TPC, m8
>>
>>27172619
>It's not pandering when some people get what they want and it changes the game for the worst
>>
>>27172622
>that would finally make it so mainline can stop being so lazy and getting away with it

Yeah, because Gen VII isn't looking to be even easier than Gen VI after Yo-Kai watch gave them competition.

Expect even more genwun pandering than XY in the future, maybe they'll even remove later-Gen Pokémon.
>>
I think we'd all like to think that Nintendo in general understands the horrors of attempting to capture the casual crowd for more than a year...looking at you Wii.
>>
How would Nintendo or TPCi cut jobs at Game Freak? Nintendo don't own them, and Game Freak has a share in TPCi, not the other way round.

I mean, I realise I'm just replying to an overly-pessimistic shitpost, but really.
>>
>>27172637
Gamefreak is second party to Nintendo. They develop things for other companies all the time. Like that horse solitaire game that had nothing to do with Nintendo.

If they legitimately wanted to, they could ditch Nintendo once their contracts are up and then start making Pokemon games on Playstation.
>>
File: BAITEST BAITS OF ALL BAITS.png (475 KB, 627x477) Image search: [Google]
BAITEST BAITS OF ALL BAITS.png
475 KB, 627x477
>He's using the Plankton Picture
>>
>>27172622
>Many people working at TPCi don't actually deserve to be working there. TPCi is a hilariously incompetent company and Youtubers do so much of their own advertising and event planning better than they do.

This. Not even sure why they dub the anime instead of a company with more than 10 voice actors like Funimation
>>
>>27172632
After the results of the last week, they certainly have motivation to do so. As long as it's something small like bonuses you can still get other ways I wouldn't mind it too much, but if it unlocks exclusives that'll be when I throw up my hands.
>>
>>27172661
>the horrors of attempting to capture the casual crowd for more than a year...looking at you Wii.
The most successful console, selling over 101 million units?
How was that a bad thing? The only bad part was Nintendo trying to recreate that success with the Wii U and failing to understand how stupid the casual masses actually are.
>>
File: url.jpg (8 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8 KB, 256x197
>>27172669
>yfw he doesn't like the plankton picture
>>
You realize that if Nintendo had full-on released an amazing VR experience that actually had battling, trading, and incredibly realistic pokemon models that existed in real space, it would potentially bomb simply because people in general are fucking recluses as far as being open about hobbies? Most people are embarrassed to admit they play a children's game. Half the people I know are embarrassed to swipe a Pokeball on a screen, they'd much less be able to pretend to make an actual throwing motion with actual Pokemon models that everyone around them can see.

In a perfect world, Nintendo releases this phone app first to first get the world accustomed to Pokemon out in the real world. Then later on they design actual VR once people are less beta about admitting the fact that they like playing Pokemon.
>>
>>27172675
What's funny is one of my friends, practically new to voice acting, got to play a couple of characters in a recent episode of Pokemon and the Hoopa movie. They're basically taking anyone they can.
>>
>>27172692
The most successful console of all time is PS2, unless you specifically meant that generation of consoles. And sure, it sold a ton of systems, but what was the game attachment rate after the first year? Shit, I assure you. Not trying to bash it, I fucking loved my wii.
>>
>>27172733

VR is waay to fucking expensive and clunky for normies right now
>>
>>27172570
If I can see gorgeous landscapes while travelling between cities, I would be OK if Game Freak takes their time.

>>27172664
Game Freak has nothing to do with Nintendo. They just made a deal with the devil when creating the Pokemon franchise, which makes Nintendo share that IP with Game Freak.

As you could see with the Indian Elephant game, Game Freak can perfectly create games for non-Nintendo consoles.

It's like if The Wonderful 101 was popular instead of Pokemon, you would see The Wonderful 101 games only in Nintendo consoles, but Platinum can make games for other consoles too.
>>
File: 7584375.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
7584375.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
Normies destroyed my games
>>
>>27172604
>Implying more than a few would buy a handheld for it
It's part of GO's success, these people already had a smartphone. Someone else in another thread showed comments of people asking for a smartphone Mario Kart game. If there is much pandering, or will have just been a waste of money.
>>
>>27172808
Nintendo will still try to attract them anyways
>>
>>27172570
If Game Freak is forced to those two conditions, GO or any similar game will get stale in those three years (or more) for the lack of a new generation.

After all, is the people at Game Freak who makes the new Pokémon.
>>
>>27172649
>Remove newer Pokemon
>When they're going to start adding more to GO soon
Here's your (You)
>>
>>27172741
>And sure, it sold a ton of systems, but what was the game attachment rate after the first year?
3.0 apparently. Twice that of the PS3. 8.99 by the end of its life. That's only barely lower than the PS2's 10.54. I'm not trying to say you're bashing it, I'm just trying to figure out what your point was. For all intents and purposes, the Wii was a success in all regards besides public image in the eyes of core video game players. And that's not really a thing you can measure.
>>
>>27172840
Everyone knows normalfags are going to react negatively to adding new Pokémon. They'll probably be fine with Gen 2, the younger ones might be fine with Gen 3, but the further you go the more it will turn people away.
>>
>>27172753
I want better AR.
Hell, I had an AR Pokemon game idea back while the original DS was new. It was some stupid complex system though, as I'd never seen a smartphone before.
>>
>>27172865
The further you go the more casuals will already have lost interest. They won't still be here by the time Gen 3 gets added.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.