[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that GenWun has once again proven to be the most profitable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Kanto_HGSS.png (3 MB, 1598x1316) Image search: [Google]
Kanto_HGSS.png
3 MB, 1598x1316
So now that GenWun has once again proven to be the most profitable set of Pokemon on the planet, are you ready for the inevitable Kanto reboots 2.0?

I'm expecting some sort of N3DS Kanto reboot where they fully flesh out the Sevii Islands and give you the ability to go to Johto this time.

lel just kidding they would never put in extra effort.
>>
>>27172127
>fully flesh out the Sevii Islands
>SM is Pokéhawaii
>Kanto 3D brings back Sevii Islands
Feels good to be an islandfag
>>
I'd like to play the Kanto games with all the mechanics that have been introduced since gen IV. The region itself is really bare though.
>>
>>27172127
>map shows Mt Silver, Route 27 and Route 26
would rather Gen II reboot 2.0 desu. Or maybe some crazy reboot where you do Kanto first then move on to Johto
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 573x404) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 573x404
I think at this point, another Kanto couldn't satisfy me UNLESS it was the 'ultimate' Kanto experience so to speak. I'm talking something along the lines of
>Since it's fully S/M 3D now, many areas are greatly expanded and redesigned, particularly routes, but still keep their original themes and ideas
>New areas and shit, even if it's pre-eruption Cinnabar needs a volcano with a dungeon inside of it, every fucking piece of art of Cinnabar since the dawn of time has that volcano
>At LEAST all of the features of FireRed and LeafGreen, right down to the move tutors, Sevii Islands and so on. ORAS had no excuse for the neutering they did to Hoenn
>An expanded Pokedex with some Johto Pokemon and maybe a few Hoenn/Sinnoh ones, I'm sorry but 151 just doesn't cut it anymore
>The original Kanto story but way more fleshed out, maybe ape some bits from Origins like Green's bigger involvement in the Pokemon Tower and Silph Co.
>Some of those sweet sweet beta features like fighting Oak and the alleged surfboard item
>The guy in Vermillion gets funding for his building in the SM/Mega/Synchro timeline, it's a battle facility with rentals and gym leader castle just like the Stadium games
>As well as your starter, you save a special Pikachu from Team Rocket in Viridian Forest and he becomes your follower like in Yellow
>For that matter, Jesse and James from Yellow show up
>Opposite gender rival, they get an Eevee and Blue's team from Yellow whilst Blue has his regular FR/LG team
I could go on. To sum up, I wouldn't be happy with Kanto the fifth time around (or more like the thirteenth or so if you buy every version) unless it was EVERYTHING Kanto. It'd have to be all the best bits of Kanto from Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FRLG, GSC, HGSS, Stadium, the anime, the TCG, and then with all the modern Pokemon features thrown in on top.

Game Freak are not, and will never be, the kind of people who could deliver on something like that, so I'd rather they just didn't bother.
>>
>>27173355
>Or maybe some crazy reboot where you do Kanto first then move on to Johto

Literally said right in OP.
>>
File: 1364633205115.png (26 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1364633205115.png
26 KB, 320x287
>>27172127
They'll make ORAS 2.0 where they ignore everything from FRLG and do straight Red/Green remakes, with a Yellow Episode in which Zinnia and Looker (who still has his memories lost like in ORAS) join Team Rocket dressed as Jessie and James looking to blow up Cinnabar Island to summon Mew so it can stop a meteorite from hitting the Gen 5 Dream World that they never give any evidence of really existing.

They also remove the Safari Zone and Game Corner, and Lavender Town becomes a giant shopping mall.

Unlike the incredibly polarizing response to ORAS, genwunners and normalfags praise these reremakes as 10/10 instant classics and drown out any criticisms of the games by claiming the detractors are all underage.
>>
Fuck no , Kanto is the blandest region
>>
>>27173483
>They can't in good conscience remove the Game Corner because it's actually seriously plot relevant in Kanto
>Instead they replace the machines with Pokemon Pinball (GBC) machines and rework the coin and score system so they can get past dumb EU gambling laws
Imagine a universe where Game Freak were this based
>>
ITT: We don't realize this can be romhacked.
>>
>>27173535
That would be an acceptable change, but you know if they had to keep the Game Corner in they'd just say something like "sorry, kid, you're only 10, you have to be 18 to use these" and the slot machines are all unplayable when you enter.
>>
>>27173588
Yeah, just like all those Gen IV/V/VI ROMhacks that aren't just straight difficulty hacks.

You know, like
>>
>>27173535
Is that the reason they made everything that shitty tile game? EU shit?

That fucking game is the reason I never got Porygon.
>>
>>27173615
If you're talking about based Voltorb Flip, the EU version of HGSS doesn't even have it, you just buy coins with no way to earn them. Voltorb Flip is US only.
>>
>>27173612
Don't play dumb with me. Ash Grey completely redid the map and had events for all the anime episodes. You could do this.
>>
>>27173588
I have never seen a ROM hack of any Pokemon game past gen 3 that was actually significant or worthwhile. At most, you get a few different wild Pokemon and some new ways to get trade evolutions
>>
>>27173633
>>27173633
>you just buy coins with no way to earn them
That's so much better than Voltorb flip.
>>
>>27173655
Well yes, Gen III hacks are a thing, but what does that have to do with Gen I getting an inevitable reremake in Gen VII or later?
>>
>>27173664
So? Build it on FR/LG.
>>
>>27173655
Why would you mention the worst one of them all as an example?
>>
>>27173633
>EU confirmed for shit yet again
>>
>>27173675
I disagree. Voltorb Flip is great and you can earn the 10k coins needed to get Porygon in like half an hour easily with its absurd payout rate.

>>27173688
See >>27173682
>>
>>27173688
Kinda defeats the purpose, I can't speak for anybody else in this thread but the ONLY reason I would want yet another Kanto revisit is to see it in full 3D.
>>
>>27173699
Well, the only other one that I know did a complete rework of the map was Naranja.
>>
>>27173715
I can't stand to play that game for any amount of coins even using some online Voltorb flip solver to grind it.
>>
>>27173716
I'm going to level with you. I don't think anything can save Kanto. You'd be better off doing a completely new game. Not even for Megas. Somebody will have to show me anything that could possibly make Kanto interesting because I don't see it. Granted, I could say the same of Johto, except for the whole ancient Japan thing. Kanto has nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>27173738
Why would you even need a solver? It's all math and probability, and very simple math and probability at that.
>>
>>27173895
Why play that shitty game when I can get a computer to do it for me?
>>
File: 1465698722993.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1465698722993.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>27173907
But it's fun!
>>
File: 1402893343527.jpg (2 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
1402893343527.jpg
2 KB, 125x114
>>27173931
>>
File: 1465698722994.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1465698722994.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>27173961
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.