[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Wonder Trade completely random, or is there some sort of algorithm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: capapokemon[1].jpg (52 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
capapokemon[1].jpg
52 KB, 640x300
Is Wonder Trade completely random, or is there some sort of algorithm at work, here?

I hadn't used it since back when X and Y had come out. Now, I'm on ORAS, and I'm noticing that I'm getting much better quality Pokemon from my trades.

I almost feel like if you're trading things that are a little more unique than Wurmple, Zigzagoon, and Ralts, you'll get some better Monsters in return.

I feel like I've been getting pretty lucky with my trades.

What sort of stuff do you get through Wonder Trade? What sort of stuff do you send through Wonder Trade?
>>
>>27169975
Or more likely the only people using wonder trade are people giving away their breeding rejects?
>>
It's completely random

Every now and then i send a box or two of shinies and all i get back is early route shitmons
>>
>>27170018
>>27170011
Do you think it would be better if there were some sort of system that determines how many of the Pokemon you send are currently being traded, and you get Pokemon in that same "tier" in return?
>>
It probably just matches up the first two in the list of players that are waiting to Wonder Trade. So it's probably not "random" as such, although from the player's perspective it might as well be.

>I hadn't used it since back when X and Y had come out. Now, I'm on ORAS, and I'm noticing that I'm getting much better quality Pokemon from my trades.
That's probably because people would just trade the first shitmon they found to test out Wonder Trading when the games were first released. Now, the only people who probably still play the game and actively use Wonder Trade are breeders who WT all their leftovers.
>>
>>27170068
No, I think that ruins the point of it.
>>
>>27170083
Well, in a way that's relly generous of them. I wish there was a way to thank people for good trades.

Someone traded me a Chansey with a nature and moveset I liked, so I did that O-Power thing, for them.

What sort of stuff do people usually like to get in Wonder Trade?
>>
>>27170200
I'm pretty much just in it for Pokémon in balls that I don't have, and the occasional shiny.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1652434.jpg (251 KB, 672x840) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1652434.jpg
251 KB, 672x840
>>27169975
>What I get:
Unique IDs. I'm making my Living Pokedex primarily out of other people's IDs, for the Loto-ID system. This is really all that it's good for, though I have gotten a few HA pokemon, as well as a 6IV Hacked breeding Ditto.

>What I send:
Breedjects. Boxes full of mons with wrong natures, abilities, and IVs. They are objectively better than wild pokemon, so the people receiving them don't have any reason to complain, unless I'm recycling a Zigzagoon.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.