[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played the Original Generation of Pokemon so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
I've never played the Original Generation of Pokemon so i wanted to start today now that i have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Hacked. But i was wondering which Version is better? I heard that you can find Johto in Firered is that true? Because i prefer to play a Kanto Region where there are no Johto Pokemon.
>>
firered is the superior version

you get to go to the sevii islands to catch johto pokemon
>>
>>27168654
Johto and Hoenn Pokemon start to appear after the main story of FRLG is finished, so you don't need to worry about them appearing during the main story if you don't want them to. That in mind, a lot has changed over two generations, and FRLG is a more enjoyable game than RBY by a long shot. The originals have some appeal just because they're that, original, but the newer games have much more content overall, so it's probably a more sensible purchase.
>>
>>27168684
But i just want to find Kanto Pokemon. Ok thanks guess i'll go with Yellow
>>
It is, but they're all locked to post-game.
Try the games in this order for best technical progression:
FRLG -> Emerald -> Platinum -> HGSS -> BW -> BW2 -> XY -> ORAS -> SM
And yes, I realised that I listed both Emerald and ORAS, but they both have things to set themselves apart from each other, and honestly ORAS doesn't do a good job of being better than it. It's fine anyway.
>>
>>27168654
If you've never played the originals you will get bored. It only has nostalgia value nowadays.
Play firered
>>
Are there any good DS emulators on Android?
>>
>>27168700
have fun dragging that shitty pikachu for the whole game
>>
>>27168699
Oh ok thats better thanks i thought they would appear in the Main Story and i don't really wanted that because it kind of kills the inmersion of being Kanto but if its only Postgame then i guess its ok
>>
>>27168700
You don't encounter Johto mons until the postgame.

The originals are a bit of a mess and haven't aged well. Glitches, weird mechanics, awful movepools, nothing to do after becoming Champion and getting Mewtwo.
>>
File: 1459907885786.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459907885786.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>27168654
If you want to play the original, play the original.
>>
>>27168757
You can just store it in the PC if you want
>>
File: Capture+_2016-07-14-15-52-05.png (885 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-07-14-15-52-05.png
885 KB, 1440x2392
>>27168745
Drastic is good. Have had no problems with it.
>>
>>27168757
You only need Pikachu if you want Bulbasaur, and you can even ditch it after that.
>>
>>27168846
>censoring your name
Is it you Gaylord?
>>
>>27168876
I was there when Thomas happened back on /co/. I don't want to risk that shit.
>>
FireRed is better for the sake of not being on the buggy ass shit original engine
>>
>>27169421
>>27169421
But he is playing on a galaxy s4. no problems with that
>>
>>27169465
the game engine, dude.
>>
>>27168654
Fire Red is better than Red in every way except music. Fire Red contains everything that Red had as well as a post-game that includes new islands. You won't encounter any Johto Pokemon in Fire Red until post-game so you don't need to worry about that.
>>
>>27168654
FireRed only has the original 151 until after you beat the Elite Four.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.