[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unjust Hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
Yes he is kindof bara-bait, but he's a pretty good mon and his design goes great with the rpg motif in the kalos starters.
>>
>>27167966
I like his design, but Shiny Design looks way better. Idc about this bara bara furfag shit. Furfags are shit. But Chesnaught is bro.
>>
>>27167966
>ITT: Just Hate
FTFY
>>
It really should've been a Steel type. Defensive Grass/Fighting is very iffy with all those weaknesses. Not even Celebii has it this bad for being a status sponge with legendary-tier stats and movepool.
>>
File: SpaceHulkDeathwingCrop.jpg (79 KB, 984x661) Image search: [Google]
SpaceHulkDeathwingCrop.jpg
79 KB, 984x661
>>27167966

I like it because it looks kinda like a Deathwing Terminator.
>>
File: bear.png (908 KB, 561x658) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
908 KB, 561x658
>>27167966
>there's people on this board who unironically think this is a better designed pokemon
>>
>>27168141
>>27167966
Hugly and Shitnaught are different kinds of shit

Hugly's problem is it looks inorganic and too simplistic while Shitnaught looks very stiff and overestimated to be bulky by bara fags
>>
>>27167966
I like Chesnaught better than 2/3 of Kalos starters.

Froakie line is all better, though
>>
>>27167966
All of the Kalos starters are pretty shit, but for some reason only one gets a lot of hate.
>>
I really like 'em. Spiky shield is best defensive move.
>>
Chespin looks like shit
Fat Chespin looks even worse
Chesnaught is acceptable and actually looks like a grass type instead of a normal type dressed like one
>>
ingame sprite prolly the worst thing about it, makes it look like trash
>>
Shitnaught deserves all of the hates it gets. Worst pokemon design ever created.
>>
Nah, his design is definitely in the bottom four of the franchise for me along with Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar.
>>
Chesnaught is incredible, one of my favorite pokémon of all time
>>
>>27168052
But it's actually, you know,not bad.
>>
>>27167966
>does great with the rpg motif
Not really. Delphox and Greninja are pretty blatantly a wizard and rogue, respectively. Meanwhile, you would have a hard time seeing Chesnaught as any sort of warrior or knight if it weren't paired up with the other two.

>>27168141
It's better. Not a good design either, but still better.
>>
He has noodle arms and doesn't look very solid for a soldier/tank
>>
>>27167966
It's literally just one person obsessively posting that.
>>
>>27168430
He looks overly thin and rigid, like he wouldn't be able to carry that shell or even move without collapsing.
>>
>>27168402
>but it's not bad!
Talonflame says hi.
>>
>>27168439
>It's literally just one person obsessively posting that
20 replies, most of which agree to shitnaught being bad, and 19 posters before my post.
>>
>>27168439
>19 posters until just now
>several of them dislike Chesnaught
?
>>
>>27168439
>yfw 19 unique posters out of 22 and the majority hates Shitnaught
GET
FUCKED
>>
I have always liked Chesnaught. I think it's absolutely unjustly hated. It's not the worst starter or work grass starter. It's not even the worst starter in its trio.

I think that Quilladin being one of the worst ever designed Pokemon has something to do with it. Like, fuck man. I know the middle evo tends to suck, but Jesus.
>>
>>27168449
That doesn't change that. Also bring part steel would not fix that
>>
File: shadow sableye.jpg (617 KB, 1133x1403) Image search: [Google]
shadow sableye.jpg
617 KB, 1133x1403
>It's shit during his first 2 gens, with crappy stats and a shallow movepool, its wildly regarded as one of the worst pokemon there are
>Gen V rolls around, and he gets prankster
>He finally becomes very good, with his movepool a bit expanded and with a better role.
>People hate him for representing stall
>ORAS come out
>He gets a mega designed to shit on stall
>Stallfags realize they can outstall stall with him
>Becomes a staple of stall, again

Poor guy can't catch a break, I love him though
>>
>>27167966
His design doesn't convey knight in any way.
>>
I think the main problem was that people expected a Grass/Steel Knight Pokemon

I still love chestnaught, but it seems the hate is because he didnt turn out what they wanted

Which will most likely happen again this gen
>>
>>27168636
Except that no one was expecting grass/steel. Everyone was speculating about a fighting/dark/psychic triangle for the starters from the moment the games were announced and these typings got confirmed later on with that leak that also included Meowstick, Pangoro and Malamar.
>>
>>27168611
I love him in game. He can't lose to anything.
>>
>>27168141
I wish that it was possible to defend a design without attacking a different one.
>>
File: 1466640966757.jpg (149 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
1466640966757.jpg
149 KB, 1136x852
>>27168756
I remember using a shitty power-up-punch, poison jab, knock off and shadow sneak set in X and Y since I couldn't get myself one with prankster, and it was surprisingly good in the battle maison. It solidified it as my bromon
>>
>>27168052
Chesnaught: Grass/Steel
Delphox: Fire/Fairy?
Greninja: Water/Fighting?
>>
>>27167966
His armor is cool
>>
File: 1466573222493.jpg (49 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1466573222493.jpg
49 KB, 500x705
Chesnaught a qt, fuk haters
>>
>>27168540
>the middle evo tends to suck
Not true
>>
Chespin is decent
Quilladin is HORRIBLE
Chesnaught is forgettable, ugly and badly designed.

But i'm sure the 2 or 3 Chesnaught fans will disagree.
>>
The only thing that pissed me off is he only learned one fighting move
>>
>>27168439
He's a known ban evader with dynamic IP
>>
>>27171660
Nah, you're thinking of the Anti-Greninjafag. Who is, incidentally, also a known Chesnaught fan.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.