[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can SOMEONE just explain why the FUCK the two pokemons on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Nidoran.png (145 KB, 775x429) Image search: [Google]
Nidoran.png
145 KB, 775x429
Can SOMEONE just explain why the FUCK the two pokemons on the left are two different pokemons and the two on the right are not?? explain this shit to ME, why hasn't nintendo fixed this shit yet? PLEASE game freak.
>>
>>27165887
breeding incompatibilities

moon stone fucked up the mating process and compatibility of first populations of the nidoking/queen lines, forcing professors to separate their species

source: my ass, probably
>>
>>27165887
Because gender differences didnt exist and neither did genders in the first place, in gen one. And Gamefreak will never ever retcon anything.
>>
>>27165887
Step 1: gen 1 weirdness
Step 2: a sense of continuity
Step 3: if they changed it now the entire dex would be shifted, and the effects of the proposed shift get worse each gen
>>
>>27165929
But they did exist in gen 1, remember Nidoran family?
>>
>>27165929
>Gamefreak will never retcon anything
They retconned a shit ton of mons to fairy back in gen 6
>>
Nidorans were before the addition of genders. The best time they could have changed it was back in gen II when they added genders and retconned it, but screwed up and like >>27165932 said, would shift the dex.
>>
Different stats.
>>
Because genders weren't a thing in Gen 1 when nidoran was introduced.

They probably have thought about retconning it but it'd shift the entire dex, and it'd get genwunners upset because "muh original 151"
>>
>>27165932
Since Victini is the Pokemon number 0 they could replace it to Nidoran's number.
>>
Two entirely different stat blocks for each gender.

No other pokemon does this for all three stages.
>>
>>27165887
>>27165887
Breeding wasn't a thing in the original games. They simply didn't bother retconning it in subsequent games even though gender differences have been a thing for 10 years now.

Technically, the Nidoran lines are genderless.
>>
>>27165972
Victini is #494 in the national dex, right behind Arceus and Snivy. It would be weird to plop one of the Nidoran there.
>>
In short, because the company is composed by faggots.
>>
>>27165958
Thats an update not a retcon
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.