[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vp/ do you know where I can get an authentic pokemon leafgreen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: img_6561.png (2 MB, 1024x1199) Image search: [Google]
img_6561.png
2 MB, 1024x1199
Hey /vp/ do you know where I can get an authentic pokemon leafgreen cartridge, my dumb ass fuck younger self decided to sell it years ago. Also pokemon 3rd gen thread
>>
>>27165068
How is the bottom one fake? Im too dumb to notice the difference
>>
>>27165399
It's green.
>>
>>27165068
if they do the same thing why does it matter
>>27165399
basically everything is thinner and logos are more washed out
>>
>>27165399
The E is thinner.. The oficial seal is different... Do not have the numbers carved in the print bellow the seal

It's easier to spot the difference in the back btw
>>
File: dsc_2189.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
dsc_2189.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
>>27165068
Just FYI, the old guides to finding fake cartridges don't work anymore.

I've got a LG cartridge that's perfect, it's identical to a real one in every way. The only differences are that the logic board is different and it looks too "good" (it's in mint condition despite me paying $15 for it).

The real logic board should look like pic related. If you look up through the bottom of the cartridge (where the pins are) or open it, you can check to see if it's legit or not.
FRLG also doesn't have a battery unlike RSE.

I'd suggest looking on eBay. Avoid anything from China or Hong Kong, ignore listings with stock images and ask the lister if they can show an image of the board (or the chip layout, looking up through the bottom). If they can't do that, make sure they accept returns so you can at least get your money back.

I've noticed finding legit RSE cartridges is much easier than finding legit copies of FRLG.
Good Luck anyway.
>>
>>27166468
Should also mention, the fake carts can show signs of shoddy injection moulding (untrimmed plastic around the edges).
>>
So why would you want real cart of LG?
Do the fake ones not work or do you just want the real one for satisfaction?

I still have my LG cart and recently booted it up again because of GO
>>
>>27168403
Fake ones are notorious for losing save files, and personally trying to find firered real, I want to find it because I want to display the pokemon gens through the years. And fake is not something to be acceptable.
So far firered and crystal is holding me back
>>
>>27165399
Biggest giveaway is that the cart is completely opaque. Also, fucking glitter on the sticker.
>>
>>27168403
Fake carts cannot be used with the pal park or dual-slot mode. You can however trade from a fake cart to a real one then palpark.
>>
Is finding a real platinum cart hard?
I can only find ridiculously priced shit
>>
See if someone sells it locally. Open the game, if it says "The save file can be played." it's fake (maybe this is only for Emerald since I had quite some trouble to get that one legitimately). If you have a tri-wing screwdriver, open the cartridge, see if there's some circuit component with chinese characters on it. If it does, it's fake.
>>
Im curious to know, how much does an original 2nd hand copy of FRLG goes for in your country? I've seen some as high as 40ish USD around and some as low as 10
>>
>>27169796
I got mine for €20 but you need to be really careful with fakes. Don't go any lower than that. Higher prices are safer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.