[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon GO is the first time when having 700+ Pokemon would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>Pokemon GO is the first time when having 700+ Pokemon would majorly benefit all aspects of the game
>Could have had actual diverse ecosystem, Pokemon that are genuinely exclusive to regions and countries
>Lapras common only in Scotland, Slugma's in Yellowstone National Park, New York has an abundance of Unovan Pokemon, Jynx overpopulation in Mississippi
>Instead, because they have under 150 Pokemon to distribute out, you pretty much catch the same shit in Moscow as you would in Sydney, with VERY few variations
>The second they introduce anything past Gen 2 Pokemon, the normies will undeniably drop it and without them the game will fall into pointless obscurity
I think this is the one time it's acceptable to bitch about normies ruining a game (even if Pokemon is normie city in the first place)
>>
Will people actually drop it after gen 2 is introduced? I dont think so, if they manage to improve the game normies will still play it.
>>
File: 575516_4.jpg (63 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
575516_4.jpg
63 KB, 630x630
I actually think, that introducing new gens, will let more People play. And btw the regional setting of Pokèmon sounds great in the first look, but if you take a second look the it would mean you have to travel the world just to get a Ice Pokemon or some shit.
>>
>>27163373
Most people will drop it during winter. I know that not all places get cold, but it's still a big chunk of the world.
>>
>>27163373
I have a normie friend who literally said they will drop GO the moment other gens are introduced, because they ran out of ideas and only the originals are the best
>>
>>27163734
>And btw the regional setting of Pokèmon sounds great in the first look, but if you take a second look the it would mean you have to travel the world just to get a Ice Pokemon or some shit
This wouldn't be an issue if the trading was already implemented. Imagine going on a vacation to another country, catching a shit ton of Pokemon you can't get in your home country and being king of trades once you get back home? It would add to the buzz, not take it away.
>>
>>27163273
For that to work they have to switch from Species Candy to Type Candy.
>>
>>27163273
I don't think mons should be exclusive, but more rare/common. Ice types are more common in northern colder countries like Canada or Russia, while fire types are more common in the south, etc. but you can still find both wherever you are.

I also think Pokemon should spawn in the wild, instead of just by gyms and spots and populated areas. Depending on what biome you're in, Pokemon of a specific type are more likely to spawn. Forests and plains spawn grass, fairy, and bug types. Deserts spawn fire, ground, and rock types. Mountains spawn ice, dragon, and rock types. Cities spawn poison, steel, and electric types. Beaches spawn water, ground, and rock types. Oceans and bodies of water are full of water types. Normal types can be found everywhere. Of course, the types wouldn't be limited and could be found rarely outside of their home habitats. They could do Pokemon specific spawns too. Maybe Vanillites could spawn at ice cream shops, Drampas at parks, and Helioptiles in deserts, etc.

There's a lot of potential. If they want to expand on the exploration aspect, this is what they need to do. Get people to go on hikes and trips and stuff.
>>
>>27163273
This shit will probably never happen. Putting grass-types in fields and water-types in bodies of water is already complicated enough, don't expect them to meticulously determine habitats for 700+ pokemon.

Also it wouldn't be very fair - if you're stuck in some shitty country with little regional variation you wouldn't be able to catch 'em all. Not everyone has the same traveling opportunities, and the thing about Go is they want to appeal to literally everyone.
>>
>>27163798
Anon, it's winter here and people are fucking everywhere playing Go.
>>
>>27163273
>can't trade mons
>can't battle trainers
why do people play this game
>>
>>27163273
Actually, your post made me realize why fewer Pokemon is a good thing. If the game had launched with more than one generation available, think about how annoying it would be to try and catch enough of 1 Pokemon in order to power up/evolve it.
>>
>>27164254
>going on vacation to get shit in a free mobile game
Makes microtransactions seem reasonable by comparison.
>>
Go basically needs more pokemon, more interesting locations for them to appear and proper pokemon combat. It already has the basics in place, including enough hype to make it one of the biggest trends this side of Y2K.
>>
File: tumblr_oa7nq4su7s1qlrz08o1_1280.jpg (539 KB, 724x902) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa7nq4su7s1qlrz08o1_1280.jpg
539 KB, 724x902
>>27163273
They're going to drip feed new Pokemon so normal people get used to them.
>>
>>27163818
Same. I wish I was lying, but I've really heard a bunch of people saying that.
>>
>>27163818
I have a normie friend who actually started playing the other gens because of it, hilariously enough. Even my brother started playing other gens and he's an obnoxious dudebro who thinks the Chargers aren't overrated trash.
>>
>>27165409
>the Chargers aren't overrated trash.
but he's right
>>
Anyone got that Mystic symbol on black phone bg?
>>
>>27163818

fucking hell.

I admit I have a preference for Gen 1 because it's the one I first got into as a kid. But at least I can admit it's a preference and nostalgia for me. Why can't those who fell in love with Pokemon during Gen 2, 3, 4 or further get to play Pokemon Go with theirs?

Genwunners are literally the baby boomers of Pokemon
>>
>why isn't my free game exactly what I want RIIIGHHTT NOOOWWWW WAAAAHHH WAAAAAAAAHHHH
>>
>>27163273
most of my normie friends actually started with Silver/Gold, so I doubt another gen would rustle their jimjims
>>
>>27167216
>>27167216
Are you okay anon?
>>
>>27164960
They don't. They are walking around catching pokemon at random because it's trendy. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people would have been turned off by a more feature complete game.
>>
>>27163273
I was expecting a great quest, but so far the only obstacle to catching them will be the legendary.

>>27164285
It could also work if they had candy trading.

>>27163818
In my family, we're cool up to gen 3. After that we were too poor to afford the new consoles.
>>
File: 1468420033688.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1468420033688.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>>27163273
>complaining about a free mobile game
And can we stop with the "normie" buzzword? You realize that you're trying to put down people with healthy social lives. You're as normal, boring, and uninteresting as they are. The only difference being you're all shut-in autists that jack off to drawn images you call "waifus". Get off the special snowflake contrarian bandwagon.
>>
>>27163273
Do they somehow use adjacent Pokestops to populate areas with Pokemon? I notice, for example, there are a ton of Hitmonlee near a campus soccer field. They're always there, too...doesn't seem like a coincidence.
>>
How the actual fuck do you even exit the app? Am I really supposed to sign out every time?
>>
>>27163373
Some will, but most are probably fine with the second generation Pokémon. Things get harder on that demographic when you go beyond that, but thankfully it has been said by the developers that all Pokémon should make it in.
>>
>>27167876

Mah nigga, anon.
>>
>>27167170
>Genwunners are literally the baby boomers of Pokémon.

This is a great comparison.
>>
>>27167981
Well, wilderness areas and less populated areas definitely spawn less pokemon and crowded areas spawn more, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

I have a ruralfag friend that's always surprised to see more than 3 mons in the "nearby" menu just because there's so much less shit around in the country.
>>
>>27167876
Hi there anon, I made a shit sandwich for you and I want you to eat it now. You don't have a single right to complain because it's free, now open up your mouth.
>>
File: 1392450750907.jpg (42 KB, 390x360) Image search: [Google]
1392450750907.jpg
42 KB, 390x360
Everything about this game reeks of lazy cash grab. I bet they didn't even work on this game for more than a few months.

The netcode is horrible, like holy SHIT if there's even the smallest hiccup between you and the server when you're attempting to catch or battle your game is basically soft locked. There game doesn't even give you a warning that the servers are down if you're in game, it just perpetually keeps trying to connect.

And where the hell are the classic Pokemon jingles? The new ones sound like a bootleg knockoffs of what they're supposed to be. And while I'm on the subject, Ienjoyed the walking music for about the first time I heard it, but why the hell did they NOT put any more walking music in the game besides that one? Not even a variation between night and day. I can't even listen to my own music or the game bugs and kills all sounds until I restart it.

None of that would even be a problem if I could fucking play the game while it's off though. The battery saver is useless, as more often than not it causes a bug that prevents the game from taking any input. Besides, Ingress allows you to play the game in the background and even gives you notifications when you're close to a portal, why couldn't this game do the same? Why do I have to have the game up and running in the foreground for me to be notified of anything? No wonder this game is so much of a battery hog. Oh guess gotta buy the $35 "Play the game in the background" Physical DLC when it releases at the end of the fucking month.

Fuck Niantic.
>>
>>27164942
>Australian winter comparable to canadian winter

Please.
>>
File: 1444628071994.jpg (74 KB, 442x512) Image search: [Google]
1444628071994.jpg
74 KB, 442x512
>>27165409
Get the fuck off of my board

Captcha: select all images with pictures of Rivers
>>
>>27167170
they watched the show when they were babbies and threw a temper tantrum when they realised the johto series didn't have charizard. and they never grew past that.
>>
>>27168111
>you are forced to play the game
>>
>>27163373
I know some people who say "Only Gen I Pokémon where worth it, after that they are just shit". The regular normie also likes some of Gen II thought, but there are a bunch that doesn't like anything new, thought these people keep buying every new iPhone.
>>
I disagree with the general opinion. I believe that casual players will stay longer than /vp/ players.
They actually have friends, and that's a strong motivation.
/vp/ are mostly playing solos, there was even that one guy bitching about not being able to have a facebook account to join a group.
>>
Gen 1 is the best. Eat shit millennial scum.
>>
I was so certain I was picking yellow, then she spoke of pokémon being kind-hearted. I asked mom red or yellow, she said red. I picked red.
>>
Is the only way to get stronger pokemon to level up so pokemon appear in the wild at a stronger baseline?

I'm so nervous about walking around I'm only level 6, I'm scared people will make fun of me or judge me.
>>
>>27171248
Milennials are genwunners you silly goose.
>>
>>27163373
They will not be introduced until December 2016/2017, so everyone including genwunners dropping it before then seems likely
>>
>>27171300
I'm 30 and just got back from a pokemon hunt, the only thing you should be nervous about is being robbed by niggers M8
>>
>>27171329
I don't live near very many niggers, just in two smallish country towns with a lot of old people so I'm not worried that much about my safety.
>>
>>27163273
Which moves are best for Drowzee.

Pound or Confusion?

Psybeam, Psyshock or Psychic?
>>
Fellow faggots, this game is BASED I got 3 girls numbers today and going out with another tonight, best part is I did it while playing pokemon.

Happy hunting boys
>>
>>27171329
I'm 32 was worried I was the only one my age collecting..
>>
>>27163273

They will eventually ralease all the pokemon, this was just a bait to gather all those old players, casuals and old fags that only know 150. It's the 90's all over again for a reason, they will get to know newer pokemon later on.
>>
>>27163273
>The second they introduce anything past Gen 2 Pokemon, the normies will undeniably drop it and without them the game will fall into pointless obscurity
Good. Then Nintendo can add GO-like functions to the main series and then we can finally have the actual experience of hunting down and catching pokemon with the real battle system.

And it would also cure my blueballs.
>>
Does anyone have a screen shot of the post a couple threads ago who went into a construction zone to capture a gym?
>>
>>27164960
Yea have fun starting when these features are introduced, you'll be millions of miles behind on the content, you'll miss events and shit that might be crucial to your progress to evade the shop. Look at it at starting beforehand.
>>
Any other Canucks hear the rumour it might drop tomorrow? Apparently they've been saying that on the radio.
>>
File: mixedfeelings.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
mixedfeelings.gif
799 KB, 200x189
This entire post couldn't be more true, it made me angry too.
>>
>>27163273
This would convince a lot more people to spoof rather than getting out to play the game.
>>
>>27171325
90s kids are genwunners
i know because i am one
gen 1 came out when i was in grade 5 primary school and shit was like crack cocaine
>>
>>27172439
Yes, but it would give purpose to this mighty quest of catching them all for those who are serious.
>>
>>27172454
So why do people hate us again? I literally didn't have a problem with most of the gens, and in fact, alot of my faves are gen3+
>>
>>27164285
>>27167813
Candy is the biggest problem I see going forward with the other generations.

I mean, you know how rare it is to stumble upon a Rhyhorn or a Hitmonlee currently?
Imagine that, but with about 300 other rare pokemon that could potentially come up whenever a rare is spawned.

Raising and evolving a pokemon will be absolute hell if they don't make the candies easier to get/work with multiple pokemon to a single candy.
>>
>>27163273
Nobody travels that much,

Just have Pokémon cycle in regions
>>
>>27172767

I'm actually still fucking shocked they don't sell some stupid fucking "rainbow candy" in the shop that counts as an all-candy for any pokemon you want.

Actually I shouldn't have fucking said anything, I don't want to give them ideas.
>>
>>27172767
There's actually a lake with a ton of hitomchan near me, I cannot fathom why.
If better habitats and biomes are defined, getting enough of a candy/pokemon shouldn't be too hard

>>27172800
Or maybe you could just take years to catch them all.
>>
File: image.png (357 KB, 480x475) Image search: [Google]
image.png
357 KB, 480x475
>>27163273
>Being forced to spend a small fortune to travel the world just to catch Pokemon while you can get screwed and unable to catch anything but shitmons around your house making the game essentially unplayable
Fuck off with this stupid region exclusive shit. If you people were in charge this game would be dead on arrival or at best gps spoofed to hell
>>
>>27172896

I like the idea of some locations having more pokemon than others, not necessarily exclusive

this already happens pretty much but on a smaller scale, like there's a shopping mall near me that spawns a shit ton of vulpixes
>>
>>27172813
Too late. You fucked up. Now It gets worse.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.