[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've not played a Pokemon game since I played Blue as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I've not played a Pokemon game since I played Blue as a kid.

I really want to play a new one though and have decided I will get a 3DS to give Sun/Moon a go.

In preparation, what other games are worth a go?
>>
Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black 2/White 2 are nessesities. Fire Red/Leaf Green is a good place to start if you haven't played a game since gen 1
>>
>>27162566
Thanks, I'll give Fire Red a try.

Know if its better to get a 3DS XL or just a normal one?
>>
>>27162566
dont listen to this fag hes dumb and gay,
just play whatever you want on an emulator,
and if not my recommendations are anything except
black and white and black 2 and white 2
they have shit mons and a shit region
>>
>>27162521
Definitely pick up Heart Gold or Soul Silver, the remakes of Gold/Silver/Crystal. HGSS have improved Kanto (complete with non-gimped Viridian Forest, Cerulean Cave and other things), as well as some new stuff that wasn't in there originally, like new routes and an actual Safari Zone, as well as a neat minigame called Pokeathlon. The games are basically a natural progression from RBY; Johto is a neighboring region, Team Rocket returns, lots of Kanto mons in there, and there is an awesome final boss.
>>
>>27162602
doesn't matter it's up to you it's really just size I think the XL has a bit better performance but really it's not gonna need it
>>
>>27162521

I will tell you honestly;

just play them all... really but HG/SS and BW2 have the most enjoyable features [BW2 world wide tournament where if you playing hack blaze black/volt white2 is just RIDICULOUS TO BEAT, the main story and league in hacks is also terribly hard... BW1 have good story
>>
>>27162647
>>27162650
>>27162670
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.
I might as well start from the earlier ones, since there is a lot of time until the new ones are out.
>>
File: 1415690409609.png (2 MB, 800x1091) Image search: [Google]
1415690409609.png
2 MB, 800x1091
>>27162521
I just so happen to be playing a run through blue rn

Bublz - blastoise lvl 36
Psibobarry - parasect lvl 35
Mesmer - hypno lvl 36
Lary - jolteon lvl 37

Last slot I'm saving for Articuno bc it's best bird. But I'll take suggestions on what else to put in. So far I was thinking pinsir, hitmonlee, marrowak. Suggestions?
>>
I am glad we actually have some smart commenters giving smart advice in this thread! I can only agree with the above in that HGSS (Heart Gold/Soul SIlver) and BW2 (Black 2/White 2) are widely regarded as the best pokemon games in the franchise and are a must-play for any pokemon fan. However, I do think you should stay off rom-hacks for the time being until you get used to the new changes as some can be ridiculously hard (looking at you, Drayano).
>>
>>27162566
This
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.