[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gridfag here from last night, here's what I know: >Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: PSX_20160714_184614.jpg (172 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160714_184614.jpg
172 KB, 624x624
Gridfag here from last night, here's what I know:

>Pokemon spawn sites are generated in a grid.
>This grid is based on the borders of the nearest road, and is not a strict Vertical/Horizontal grid.
>It appears to spawn the first pokemon 15 metres in from the road way, likely to prevent kids from being turned into carpaccio.
>The grid appears to generate spawn sites scaled alongside the total area - the larger the area the larger the distance between spawn sites.
>The distance between spawn sites in my example is 75m.
>Pokemon are not constantly at the spawn site (they appear to appear after a random interval, disappear after another random interval and repeat), however pokemon will not be found outside these spawn sites (with the exception of lures and Incense).
>You should only need a handful of spawn sites to figure out the grid in your local area.

What the steps indicate:
>No steps:
Spawn site is in immediate vicinity, pokemon should appear, app prone to glitches.
>1 step:
Equivalent to one third of a zone, as zones change size based on area, this can be anywhere between 5 and 25 metres.
>2 steps:
More than a third of a zone away, less than one zone away.
>3 steps:
More than one zone away, have not yet determined the cap.

To use the grid to catch pokemon.
>Monitor your nearby list.
>Find desired pokemon.
>Walk down grid lines until pokemon is near the top of the list.
>Walk to every grid intersection until the steps are reduced to two.
>Your target is at an adjacent spawn site.
>Check surrounding spawn sites.

Where I am is basically barren, but I've still caught a Snorlax, Bulbasaurs, Ivysaurs etc at a fast rate using this method.
>>
...seems plausible. I'll test when I can.
>>
>>27162485
It takes time to figure it out, but once you do it's a solid method.
>>
>>27162314
I wish this was on the 3ds so I could just inject it
>>
>>27162669
There are spoofing solutions, but it removes a lot of the fun.
Right now they've turned up the grind to make people buy items, but as soon as you remove all the grind, it's basically a shit version of pokemon snap.
>>
Last bump.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.