[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Vincent_Meganium.png (1 MB, 1174x881) Image search: [Google]
Vincent_Meganium.png
1 MB, 1174x881
Why the hate?
>>
>>27160497
Mostly because it sucks competitively. It's even a bit difficult to use in game at times.

I still love the line though.
>>
It threatens little boys' nonexistent masculinity.
>>
>>27160497
Because it looks like complete shit just like the rest of Johto's lame starters.
>>
File: Cyndaquil.png (41 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cyndaquil.png
41 KB, 250x250
>>27160561
>calling cyndaquil shit

Give me a time and place to meet so we can fight
>>
no visible boi pussi hole
>>
>>27160497
Because it sucks, and Johto was stacked against it. It literally doesn't get an advantage in a major battle until Chuck's Poliwrath, plays danger with Piloswine, and gets to come out for Will's Slowbro. Then Kanto gives it Lt. Surge, Brock and Misty. That's it.

Beyond that, it doesn't get any good status, only poisonpowder, it doesn't get screens until way fucking late, and Synthesis is made redundant by item usage. It gets Body Slam, which is alright, but it is less valuable since everything and its mother got Headbutt in gen 2 and the remakes. It's only redeeming feature is that it can learn Earthquake via TM, something that Typhlosion can also do, and do better.

Appearance-wise, it is essentially a downgrade from Chikorita and Bayleef, since it isn't any cooler or tougher while being less cute, and the antennae, while reasonable given the design, are still weird as fuck.

Chikorita's one of my favorite starters, but it's worthless, and I'd never evolve it.
>>
>>27160786
>literally my mom's mouse
I guess shit taste really is uncurable, huh?
>>
>>27160920
why is your moms mouse on fire?
>>
>>27161001
She's pretty abusive towards pets.
>>
>>27160497
Only use it has is if you wanna make your playthrough level hard. Otherwise it's useless. THE END.
>>
>>27160497
Still better than Chesnaught.
>>
I used both this thing and a Raticate on my team when I was playing Crystal years ago. The Raticate was actually more useful.
>>
>>27160497
because it's grass type
people mostly prefer the water or fire starter
>>
>>27160497
It's complete shit both in looks and viability.
>>
Meganium's my favorite Johto starter. I always pick her whenever I play GSC. Never seem to have too much trouble going through the game with her around.
>>
Because it's the worst Grass type starter, making it the worst of the worst objectively.

Venusaur has status moves and a mega and shit
Sceptile is a fast physical attacker with a dragon mega
Torterra gets stab Earthquake and shit
Serperior has contrary
Chesnaught is an okay physical attacker I guess

Meganium? Fucking nothing.
>>
>>27164205
with a little love Game Freak could make it the excellent support mon they always intended it to be. Oh, and a mega.
>>
>>27160897
>it doesn't get screens until way fucking late
Only light scren.
Chikorita learnd reflect at level 12 in gsc and bayleef at 18 everywhere else.
Also, you should actually give it a shot in game. If you did, you'd realize meganium can hold its weight in battle just by spamming razor leaf
>>
Because they like Big cyndaquil and fat hunchback alligator more.
>>
>>27160497
its a decent wall pokemon with good supporting moves at times.
the reason why people hate it because they tend to use it other than that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.