[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were they the best games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (55 KB, 460x210) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
55 KB, 460x210
Why were they the best games?
>>
>>27160162
because they were the best
>>
Tons and tons of shit to do. It was ridiculous.
>>
>>27160175
There ever was?
>>
>>27160162
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
Lots of options. Not forcing you into a lot of shit.
Pokéathlon is a huge side competition, but you can completely ignore it without someone forcing you to go see it. Same with the Bug-Catching Competition and the new Safari Zone.
Only annoying case of being forced into something is the Ho-Oh/Lugia shit.
Things like GB sounds are very, very welcome.
Following Pokémon makes it more immersive.
Some areas in Kanto were fixed, while still keeping places with actual reasons to be empty like Cinnabar.
Only legitimate flaws I see with it are the level curve and Pokémon distribution. Both of which were slightly improved in areas, but still left a lot to be desired.
>>
>>27160162
Because people are nostalgia blinded
>>
Full of stuff to do I guess.

It's a huge grind fest though
>>
>>27160271
>Pokéathlon is a huge side competition,
>huge
Don't kid yourself, it was short as fuck.

And following Pokémon removes immersion because it makes pokemon your basic pet not to mention they have reused text everywhere.
Also I honestly don't believe there are people who defend that mess of a zone, even the ORAS version was a better version because it was an actual Safari as opposed to eight boxes.
>>
>>27160330
>Don't kid yourself, it was short as fuck.
It's as long as every other non-battling side game, plus nets you actual rewards.
>And following Pokémon removes immersion because it makes pokemon your basic pet not to mention they have reused text everywhere.
I can't tell if you're trolling here. You make it sound like Pokémon are just tools, edgelord.
>Also I honestly don't believe there are people who defend that mess of a zone, even the ORAS version was a better version because it was an actual Safari as opposed to eight boxes
It was a neat idea as opposed to turning the Safari Zone into a route.
>>
File: pokemon-emerald-version.png (307 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-emerald-version.png
307 KB, 720x480
>>27160162
But they weren't. HG/SS hardly did anything to fix the originals' problems.
>>
>>27160446
Literally the only good thing about this awful gen is the Battle Frontier.
Fuck off Hoennshitter.
>>
>>27160162

Because 3D models and mega evolutions were a mistake
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.