[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Features, Immersion, more Content to do in Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: house-outside.png (25 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
house-outside.png
25 KB, 256x192
In a few years, Pokemon will become the Sims.

There's so much that Pokemon can do to make its game better. Things like being able to own your own home after beating the elite four in Pokemon Platinum, being able to customize your character is X,Y and Sun and Moon.

There's so much that could be done, but the hardware that it must run on is so limiting.

What are some features that you would like to see in feature titles to make the experience more immersive

This thread was quickly taken down by a Mod because of my picture I uploaded with it, which was nothing wrong in the slightest!
>>
I just want to fight monsters. Maybe we can play as the trainer during the battles? Like, actually run up and punch pokemon in the face?
>>
File: 1468269704577.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1468269704577.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I can't be the only one that sees myself in my trainer. I want to be able to carry out my story, region to region instead of being the new kid on the block. Have something in there like in Mass Effect, where your character lives on across games.

[Spoiler] Also, Romance [/spoiler]
>>
>>27155444
>There's so much that could be done, but the hardware that it must run on is so limiting
So are the lazy developers
>>
>>27155473
>like, actually run up and punch pokemon in the face
Are you OK?
>>
>>27155527
Shit opinions.
>>
>>27155444
There are plenty of things that could make the games more immersive OP.

>Quests
Capturing rampaging Pokemon, fetching items, being a messenger/mediator/delivery man between 2 NPCs. Any classic quest ideas that urge you to explore, re-explore, and backtrack are good ideas. That way, you aren't just walking through a town never to return.

>Beefier Contests
Make contests as deep as battling with as many contest halls as gyms.

>Bigger world
More towns, more routes, more locations.

>Bigger routes
Much, much bigger routes. Every route should feel like its own adventure. You should feel a harsh need to either use a lot of items or go back to the Pokemon center going through almost every single route.

>Secret base equivalent
This needs to be in every game.

>Pokemon customization
Light aestethic stuff like ribbons, bows, necklaces, mega stone holders, anklets. A max of 2 per Pokemon.

>Grooming
Add grooming to Amie

>Better battle animations
Better idol battle animations

>No saving the world
It's happened too many times and is too grand. It takes the player out of the world.
>>
I agree, we need to make it an open world MMORPG in which you travel across all the regions.
>>
>>27155444
i think more character customization would be nice, and introduction of more decision making that actually affect the environment, like in many current rpgs
>>
>>27155636
Oh, also add Pokemon Ranger missions. In depth quests that make you do things like put out huge fires, deal with hordes of Pokemon, deal with rampaging Pokemon in cities, arrest ne'erdowells, evacuate because of an impending flood/storm, clean up after a flood/storm. This should be its own story and as involved as the main story but optional. And so too should the Pokemon contest be.
>>
Being able to surf/fly/ride on big enough Pokémon and seeing their actual models.
Bring back unique looking Berry Trees.
Make Secret Bases a permanent feature of the series with A LOT more decoration options.
Let you change the body type of your trainer a la Battle Revolution
Bring back Pokéball Seals
Make the games less linear with more sidequests
>>
File: terry bogard pokemon trainer.jpg (50 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
terry bogard pokemon trainer.jpg
50 KB, 636x424
>>27155570
BUSTAH WOORF
>>
>>27155636
All of this.

Also:

Make natures and traits affect the behaviour of Pokémon in their animations and amie. Probably unrealistic but no need to make one for EVERY nature, they could group the same animations for, for example, Serious / Lonely / Hardy, then a different one to be used by Jolly / Sassy / Docile, etc.
>>
>>27155527
this is some faggy shit. go to the rp thread
>>
>>27155527
L-lewd, this is a kids game.. there would be no romance
>>27155636
>Secret base equivalent
I think I would rather own a home than have a secret base
>Grooming
Already confirmed in Sun and Moon
>No saving the world
Kinda been in the games formula since the start of the 3rd gen, unless they bring back the crime syndicates like Team Rocket.
>>
A more personal confined story would be awesome, why must we always be the special snowflake that wins and does everything?
>>
>>27155527
MODSSS
>>
>>27155444
I just want apricorns back somehow. Even if you can only get one every IRL day and its completely random.

Having some place where you can go to visit your caught pokemon would be neat. The anime shows Ash's pokemon living on Oaks ranch. Having the ability to have a few as overworld sprites would be nice, even if it was only your party in your own base.

Grooming/Pokemon care that boosts their friendship/EXP gain for a while
>>
>>27156936
>Apricorns
Sure
>Place to visit your Pokemon
Imagine how many Pokemon you'll see in this ranch
>Grooming
Confirmed for Sun and Moon in amie which boosts friendship
>>
>>27157217
I imagine it being something like Daycare center, except you can go inside and play with your pokemon.
>>
>>27155527
my pants feel wired lol
>>
>>27155444
I want to be able to fuck the pokemon
>>
>>27157382
My Pokémon Ranch, but with updated models? Please
>>
Nintendo should pour all their money into the Pokemon franchise, I want a triple A, fully modelled, open world Semi-ARPG in my lifetime
>>
>>27157431

You already can. just draw yourself and a Pokémon doing freaky stuff.
>>
>>27157473
You'll end up with a Digimon game.
>>
>>27155964
>I think I would rather own a home than have a secret base
wow kys
>>
>>27157569
no, I want to fuck the pokemon.

VR when
>>
>>27155444
>There's so much that could be done, but the hardware that it must run on is so limiting

Not true. The 3DS is powerful enough to allow GF to make way bigger and deeper games, as other developers do.
>>
>>27157794
So.. they're just lazy or don't care about features people beg for?
>>
>>27157862
I don't think it is entirely about them being lazy. I think it's more about what they think a Pokémon game must be like, and sticking to the formula that works the best for them.

GF is a business after all, and most business can't afford to take risky decissions
>>
>>27157951
Can they afford to remove features?
>>
>>27155444
>There's so much that could be done, but the hardware that it must run on is so limiting.

People can do shit like this on hardware less advanced than the gameboy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHXx3orN35Y

Hardware being a limitation is a shitty excuse used by bad devs.
>>
>>27155444
I really like that too. I know most of /vp/ would want to cruzify me for that but the customization, secret bases and that house are really fun for me. Having a base/house and being a individual is fun.
>>
>>27157619
No he's right, In oras I really hoped you could get a appartment in the appartment building. I want both t b h.
>>
>>27155636
>It's happened too many times and is too grand. It takes the player out of the world.
Not when it comes to the Pokémon world, any thing less is immersion breaking.
>>
Relationship progression.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.