[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False Colors ??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled1.png (300 KB, 945x471) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
300 KB, 945x471
False Colors ??
>>
>>27154730
>Colors
Learn to spell correctly, tards.
>>
Ewww...as an artist i think this anon needs GLASSES.
>>
>>27154730
yeah, it mimics electric's resistances and paralysis immunity at 100% health

>no source, dont ask
>>
>>27154763
>britbong English
nty, we will stop taking out the u's when you guys stop calling it "maths".
>>
this doesn't confirm the leak does it? I thought that things ability was called disguise?
>>
>>27154798
i really can't think what it would be. some kind of type changing mechanic seems logical with that name...
>>
>>27154763
>Britbongs thinks adding a silent u to colors improves it
>they did it so they could be as pretentious as the french
>>
>>27154816

Speak for yourself, I'm not using those extraneous u's no matter what.
>>
So the leaker was right?
>>
>>27154831
It has no official English name. That's just Serebii's translation.
>>
>>27154897
So why did he change it to False Colors when the original translation was Disguise?
>>
>>27154847
Bulbapedia and Pokebeach have it translated as "Disguise". Is the term "false colors" an idiom for disguise?
>>
>>27154763
cull ORRSSS
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x423
>>27154847
>Decent stats.
>Ability swaps Fairy typing or both types with a random type at the end of each turn.
>MFW it gets fucked over in nearly every situation.

Best I can think of, thankfully the chances of it happening are like 2%.
>>
Someone post that leak
>>
>>27154968
>>27154892
you people are too easy
>>
>>27154949
>Fairy type switches to normal on a gengar switch
>Normal type switches to fighting on a bisharp switch
>Fighting type switches to dark type on a megacham switch

Place stealth rocks and you win
>>
>>27155000
Bitch who remembers everything some random leak poster was saying. I wanna know if it matches up.
>>
The Japanese name of its ability and species is bake no kawa ばけのかわ / 化けの皮. It literally means something like "transformed skin", and it's used figuratively to mean someone hiding their true nature. To tear off the skin (化けの皮が剥がれる) means to reveal someone for what they are.

The ability refers to Mimikkyu pretending to be a Pikachu and hiding and true self, and the fact that it wears the "skin" of a Pikachu in the form of the old Pikachu plush skin.

The creator might have also been thinking of obake お化け when they named the ability, since that means ghost or monster.
>>
>>27154847
I'm more confused by Fluffy on huggymon
>>
>>27155031
thanks for the info

i still have no idea what the ability could do though. looking like pikachu doesn't actually do much without the typing. the actual pokemon is obscured...which makes it harder to identify? maybe it has something to do with helping to catch wild pokemon? i'm surprised there isn't already an ability that increases catch rates.
>>
>>27155056
i feel like fluffy is just gonna be lowers attack like fur coat + gooey
>>
>>27155056
Hugly will probably get like a Furcoat or sth
>>
File: シーアイエー.png (294 KB, 474x387) Image search: [Google]
シーアイエー.png
294 KB, 474x387
>>27154730
>Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness

If I pull that off would you die?
>>
>>27154918
>Is the term "false colors" an idiom for disguise?
To do something under false colors is to pretend you are something you're not.

"Sail under false colors" is the most common form of the idiom.
>>
>>27154730
sounds like something to the effect of illusion or conversion. it'll probably have differing stats or typing based on whether its cover is blown or not
>>
>>27154914
It's one of those things like Dragon Ascent/Finishing Touch where it's an idiom in Japanese. Neither translation is really wrong, even though they're completely different.
>>
>>27155104
That could be it but I have a feeling it will be something stupid
>>
>>27155218
my instincts tell me it will be similar to illusion but i don't know how. maybe it looks like pikachu when you send it out? that is not really super helpful...although i guess it has 3 immunities so you could hope that they would fire off a dragon/fighting/normal move at it....

but pikachu is nfe and so whenever somebody sent out pikachu you would instantly know that it was mimmicyu...

and the whole idea is just too similar to zoroark.
>>
>>27155178

it will be super effective.
>>
If "false colors" is accurate, it probably has something to do with typing
>>
Maybe False Colors gives STAB on all moves EXCEPT its actual typing.
>>27155056
Contact lowers the opponent's Attack would be my guess.
>>
>>27155284
I figure something like this but that would be fucking terrible because it has one of the best typings a pokemon could have already
>>
>>27155284
>>27155337
this. i would be excited if it was an inverse battle ability but this thing would be awful in an inverse battle.
>>
I wonder if it will learn any electric moves.
>>
>>27155368

I hope not, that would make it a literal pikachu clone.

and there are to many of those.
>>
>>27155368
It's gonna learn mimick and be the second fast me first user.
>>
>>27155420
>more coverage is a bad thing
>especially for a ghost type
thanks for proving that you don't play completitively
>>
>>27154949
sounds like it'd be the perfect ability for causing hype Showderp matches
>>
>>27154763
I see "colours," and I'm like yeah, cool, it's a britbong thing.

Britbongs see "colors" and they're like "Oy Crikey! There ain't no bleeding U in me letters!"
>>
>>27155487
Ghost/Fairy is really only asking for a good Ground attack, even that isn't necessary

If anyone had a sense of humor they would release a knock off of the Flying or Surfing Pikachus with Bounce or Muddy Water
>>
>>27155602

The same thing happened with that one thread about Kiteruguma's height.
>>
>>27154914
Because his secret sources told him that was the English name, obviously.
>>
>>27154730

New ability.
>>
>>27154763
Are you fags enjoying your freedom from the EU? How about the weak pound thats nice too eh?
>>
File: Reliefmap_of_Australia.png (1 MB, 996x914) Image search: [Google]
Reliefmap_of_Australia.png
1 MB, 996x914
>>27155602
>British person saying "Oy Crikey!"
Do you know where Brittain even is?
>>
>>27159297
>talks bad me british stuff
>i know ill post this map that'll show that tosser
>i got em now i do
>>
>>27154730
Is no one talking about how it says
>This Pokémon was revealed in the August issue of CoroCoro
>August
>>
>>27161203
Yeah, I can't believe they release the August issue in July just like every other magazine ever.
>>
>>27154949

I'd love it

Give it metronome for good measure
>>
>>27159286
not all of us voted leave m8
>>
>>27154798
>doesn't have ghost/fairy's three immunities until after taking some damage

it's trash
>>
File: image.png (701 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
701 KB, 750x1334
>>27154831
>implying the pokemon isn't real
>>
>>27154763
I think the American Revolution proves that we spell it right. And Armor while we're at it. And we drive on the correct side of the road. And measure things properly. ...Wait, who gives a fuck about Britain again? They aren't even Europe.
>>
>>27154816

uhh, anon...

MATHematicS

You don't study mathematic.

You study mathematics.

Or maths.
>>
>be american
>erb

????
>>
>>27161596
No we don't. Math is for turds.
>>
>>27161586
theyre still europe you idiot
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.