[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon TCG/O General: SR Ultra Ball 2 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 17
File: Greninja.XY.24.png (912 KB, 569x795) Image search: [Google]
Greninja.XY.24.png
912 KB, 569x795
New? Start with these
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg (embed)
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

OLD: dead

ToTT: What promos have you gotten from the tournaments?
>>
FUCKING POKEMON GO
>>
>cheapest offer for Greninja is 30 Roaring Skies

They need to put it in a bundle asap.
>>
>>27154948
How do you get it?
>>
File: shiny.png (208 KB, 288x367) Image search: [Google]
shiny.png
208 KB, 288x367
>>27155097
Win a tournament match (any)
Hit the mystery box
Land the 1/100 chance of hitting the Greninja promo over any of the other promos in the client
This can only be done every third Wednesday, with the Wednesday after granting Legacy Packs mixed with promos, lowering your chances even further

Other jackpots include Jirachi XY67 and to a much lesser extent other unobtainable promos. Pic related, seems to be worth at least 5 packs.
>>
>>27155143
Hum, well I can live without it. It's a gimmick card at best.
>>
File: Regi trades.jpg (36 KB, 877x120) Image search: [Google]
Regi trades.jpg
36 KB, 877x120
>>27154651
ToTT: I got 2 Regirocks and 1 Greninja so far. I managed to trade 1 of the Regirocks for 15 packs and bought two back for 3 packs each.
>>
>>27155599
Huh, someone actually traded a Greninja for my Regirock. Neat, I'm halfway to a Dark Greninja deck.
>>
>>27155784
Cool. I'm going to try the same thing since I already have 4 locked Regirock.
>>
File: New Challenge.jpg (25 KB, 230x269) Image search: [Google]
New Challenge.jpg
25 KB, 230x269
Almost not even worth the effort to try and do this.
>>
where is the rest of CoroCoro? I want to see non-pokebitch watermarked images
>>
Looks like the final card in Steam Siege is confirmed not to be Karen. Startling Megaphone, SSU and Xerosic would all come after Ninja Boy, so it's probably one of them or the FA Sycamore.
>>
>>27155979
Should I bother jumping into theme versus with Mental Might to stomp on anyone trying to get this done?
>>
>>27156926

You'll get stomped by the zygarde decks
>>
>>27156926
I switched from blue to green for a slightly better matchup against battle ruler. And you should be playing the token tourney(theme) while WW is active.
>>
File: Regi for Gren.jpg (42 KB, 757x291) Image search: [Google]
Regi for Gren.jpg
42 KB, 757x291
>>27155784
>>27155948
My trade finally went through. I assume people are betting on regirock being the more valuable card later.
>>
>>27157278
Regirock is regularly in the store and Greninja never was, it's a steal.
>>
>see a bunch of twitch fags talking about a 151 format
>only standard pokemon from the original 151, no breaks or exs
>decide to make a deck for the fun of it
>Dewgong/Articuno aka who can flip coins better
>beat water toolbox deck in the standard queue
>final coinflip stats were 11/4 for me and 14/11 for opponent
>game ended on 9 straight heads from my articuno

like and subscribe and keep this thread alive
>>
>>27157278
Lucky
>>
>>27158406
sounds fucking stupid
>>
>Join 3 token tournaments
>Internet shits itself twice
>Once when i was winning
>Once before the match started

Fucking australian internet
>>
File: Greninja sold.jpg (43 KB, 794x298) Image search: [Google]
Greninja sold.jpg
43 KB, 794x298
Now I just need to buy it back for less.
>>
I'm still new and want to branch out from theme decks. I heard you could make a fairy deck by slapping together the good parts of Enchanted Echo and Resilient Life. Is that still viable or will it get crushed by actual good decks?
>>
I made this budget Zygarde 50% deck. How does it run guys? Is this consistent?

I can't afford shaymin and it get shit on by item lock.
>>
>>27160377
am going to replace zygarde with the ex version if i get it
>>
i had 50 packs total when I started from scratch(mostly PRC and Roaring Skies), I'm 12 cards away from finishing my M Alakazam EX deck
deck building is impossible

this is my first deck
>>
>>27160913
edit: i fucked up and bought a shaymin ex before getting everything i needed

I only have 1 pack of PRC left too
>>
>i keep making miss play but win

Lol ;-;
>>
>>27160377
Wew lad
>>
File: regirock.png (395 KB, 457x643) Image search: [Google]
regirock.png
395 KB, 457x643
>>27154651
I got this regirock from a tourney. Looks pretty cool
>>
File: WW pulls.jpg (111 KB, 686x661) Image search: [Google]
WW pulls.jpg
111 KB, 686x661
I've gotten 5 Regirock from boxs, but only one of each of the others.
>>
Best theme deck after next rotation? Or does it matter any?
>>
>>27165663
All theme decks remain legal. If you're asking which has the best standard legal cards, that's probably Wave Slasher or Night Striker.
>>
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/44052-barnes-noble-bonus-cards-and-more/
>Additionally, from July 16 through July 29th, any Pokémon Trading Card Game purchase of $11.95 or more, will let you receive a bonus code to unlock two awesome cards in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.
>Get a powerful Charizard-EX from the XY—Flashfire expansion and a highly sought-after Jirachi promo card.
>Look for the code on your receipt, along with instructions on how to enter it in the game.

A digital Charizard EX and Jirachi as a store exclusive promotion. That seems really silly.
>>
God theme games are so much fucking luck. You literally sit there for 6 turns just getting useless evolution cards or base Pokémon and not a single trainer or energy.
>>
How is advantage determined in vs mode? A guy with the exact same deck as me just got advantage and drew way better cards than me and stomped me hard.
>>
>>27166659
It depends on your wins/losses with all your decks. I'm not sure how big of a time period it uses.
>>
File: WW Final.jpg (120 KB, 668x637) Image search: [Google]
WW Final.jpg
120 KB, 668x637
It's the last hour and a quarter of WW. Did you win/trade for everything you wanted?
>>
>>27166982
Wait, it's ending already? I fucked up.
>>
>>27167716
Next week is a mix of promos and packs so these may come back.
>>
>it's a you get your best evolution card and professor sycamore in the same crappy hand you can't do anything with episode
>>
>>27167950
I bet they are going to use different promos next week. I just wanted some greninjas.
>>
the games I've played today have made me slightly want to kill myself
>>
I'm still new and just got an Eevee promo from Wayback Wednesday. Is it worth anything or is it just a little collector's item?
>>
>open an undaunted pack
>game freezes
>restart
>it's gone

FUCK
>>
>>27155979
it was fun
>>
>>27155979
Got absolute shit.
>>
>>27169665

Just a collector's item, Regirock and Greninja are the more wanted promos.

Funnily enough, I haven't seen any Stardust Jirachis from these boxes...
>>
File: fuck.jpg (90 KB, 915x304) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
90 KB, 915x304
new to this but fucking kill me
>>
>>27170852

It's the reason I don't play in tournaments. Over the years I've accumulated 1300 tournament tickets. The wait is far too long most of the time.
>>
>>27171029
I don't have anything though. Trying to build up packs to trade with.
>>
>>27170801
There was no Jirachi. The promos were:
>XY49 Regirock
>XY24 Greninja
>BW101 Genesect
>BW94 Eevee
>BW79 Landorus
>HGSS10 Latias

It's limited, just like how the previous week only had 3 different packs.
>>
>>27171087

Shit, that's what I get for not double-checking the forums...

>BW79 Landorus

I remember that was an expensive tech for Plasma decks years ago, it was a good Darkrai-EX counter.
>>
File: wow wow wow.jpg (520 KB, 1250x937) Image search: [Google]
wow wow wow.jpg
520 KB, 1250x937
Finally Generations is good to me.
>>
>>27167950
Wait what I thought that was this week.

I didn't bother this week because it said promos-only were next week, what the fug.
>>
What is the best theme deck I have access to? I have BW and XY shit, and Sky Guardian from a irl purchase.
>>
What cards should I get to add to my collection that are around 15-20$? Planning on getting the Zekrom/Reshiram gold secret rares maybe first.
>>
>>27173650
Save for FA Sycamore.
>>
So I guess that there is going to be an event this weekend at Barnes & Noble that gives out codes for XY67 Jirachi.
>>
>http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/07/xy12-evolutions-americas-november-base-set-reprint-set

Will Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur get spirit links the third time around?
>>
>>27174316
Things like these are never player's choice right? 9/10 you're getting Charizard-EX.
>>
>>27175690
>a third set of megas for the Kanto starters

Maybe these ones won't suck even with Spirit Links. Also, the final mega will almost assuredly be Pidgeot, which leaves 2 EXs unaccounted for. I'm guessing Mewtwo and Mew, I doubt they'd put in two of the birds in one set and leave out the third.
>>
File: i'm angry.gif (805 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
i'm angry.gif
805 KB, 500x411
8 cards away from finishing my Mega Alakazam EX deck

i need:
>2 mega alakazams
> 2 dimension valley
>1 super scoop up
>1 trainers mail
>2 vs seeker

but I'm all out of packs
>>
>>27177314

you can get a vs seeker for a chest
>>
>>27176714
based on the dummy pack art Starmie is getting an EX or a BREAK.

I'm more interested in the trainers. Since most have functional reprints or have changed from what they were. Super Energy Removal reprint when

Also their just going to do both Mega Charizard cause that's the only pokemon people like or something. Mew-EX and Mewtwo-EX are coming out in a Generations promo box so maybe not them.
>>
is the online game down for anyone else?
>>
>>27181116
No.
>>
Am I the only one that collects cards for their art and not really for the game
>>
>>27181245
wtf nigga, I get stuck on loading data from server and then get a login error
>>
So what cards should I try to bounce before rotation hits for maximum value?

I don't really intend on playing expanded at all.
>>
>>27181404
yes
>>
>>27181404
No
>>
>>27181404
Maybe.
>>
>>27181404
I don't know.
>>
>>27181404
I do. Kinda. I just collect mainly EX/BREAK cards.
>>
What determines whether packs are tradeable or not? Every time the game gives me a pack, it's trade locked.
>>
>>27184081

I think all the packs that you get with tokens are trade-locked. Tournament packs daily prize wheel packs, and 3-star challenge packs are all tradeable I think.
>>
I got a pack from a challenge and one from a mystery box and they were both trade locked. Packs you win from tournaments at the very least are tradeable, right?
>>
>>27184543

anything you get from challenges is trade locked

The only shit you get that isn't trade locked is the tourney prizes
>>
>>27184653
Alright, good to know I haven't fucked up.
>>
>>27181426
Everything that's rotating out of standard has already hit its lowest values.
>>
File: generations.jpg (43 KB, 384x640) Image search: [Google]
generations.jpg
43 KB, 384x640
Opened up an Elite Trainer Box and Venusaur collection. How did I do?
>>
>>27186287

You opened no Jolteon EX, so therefore your pulls are bad nice foil energies though
>>
This theme bullshit is driving me nuts. If I meet another guy who draws Zygarde on the first turn and has 3 energies perfectly lined up I think I'm gonna puke.
>>
File: frontpage.jpg (147 KB, 1281x721) Image search: [Google]
frontpage.jpg
147 KB, 1281x721
So this is the home menu's first tab for the next 2 weeks.
>>
>>27181404
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>27186345
Doesn't basic green fuck it up?
>>
>>27187437
Not when you get 4 Seedots, Chesnaught and a Switch Trainer on the initial draw.
>>
File: 11885281.png (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
11885281.png
40 KB, 500x500
>mfw Skyla will be reprinted in Gen 9 Pokemon
>>
>tfw one of those satisfying wins that makes you not want to play the game anymore today
>>
>>27181404
No you not
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.