[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Sun and Moon will bring back the Safari Game? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Hoenn_Safari_Zone_E.png (108 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn_Safari_Zone_E.png
108 KB, 1920x1280
Do you think Sun and Moon will bring back the Safari Game?

I personally really hope it does. Removing it from ORAS when it was in the originals was one of the worst changes in said remakes. I know there's a lot of anti-Safari Zone sentiment in the fanbase but it adds a ton to the game with its alternate gameplay. In the modern age, where you can easily trade with others online to get any Pokémon you want, I don't think it's a big hindrance to those that dislike it,as they can easily avoid using it to get what they want.

What are your thoughts on the Safari Game? Favorite/least favorite zone?
>>
>>27151683
Ruby and Sapphire had a safari zone?... I haven't played those game forever I guess...
>>
The Safari Zone is dogshit. It's like catching regular Pokemon, except you remove any aspect of strategy and planning and you replace it with pure RNG bullshit. It's not "alternative gameplay", it's butchered gameplay. If they want to bring back an aspect of the game that's completely luck-based, they should bring back the game corner.

If they want to bring back the Safari Zone, they should make the way you catch Pokemon completely different to the usual method. Maybe add a Pokemon Snap-style mini-game where you throw Pokeballs instead of taking photos. HGSS had a half-decent idea with the customisable Safari Zone but having to wait 50 days for a Pokemon to appear was one of the worst ideas to come out of Game Freak ever.
>>
>>27151861
But the luck based nature of the safari made it eve more exciting. Especially in Emerald, where the safari was the only place to find Johto mons. That was mind blowing back then.
>>
File: Hoenn Safari Zone Guide.png (33 KB, 918x319) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn Safari Zone Guide.png
33 KB, 918x319
>>27151781
Yeah, it even introduced a new feature where you could place Pokéblocks in feeders to attract Pokémon and make them easier to catch. Emerald also expanded the Zone by 50% in the postgame and fills the extra area with Johto Pokémon.

>>27151861
>If they want to bring back an aspect of the game that's completely luck-based, they should bring back the game corner.

Well if they brought back both I'd be ecstatic.

Also, the Safari Zone does have strategy. You can't guarantee a capture but you can easily and greatly influence the catch rate and escape rate. In fact, in RSE's Safari Zone, it's possible to reduce the escape chance to zero, essentially guaranteeing the capture unless you're unlucky enough to run out of balls.
>>
I would have preferred ti if the safari type gameplay was used for Pokemon Go.
>>
Removing it was stupid. If you don't want to get screwed by getting unlucky you can just go anywhere else in the entire fucking game.
>>
>>27151781
You know we can see that you're OP, right...?
>>
Post yfw Pokemon Go is Alola's Safari Zone and you can transfer your mons to Sun/Moon
>>
>>27152155
iunderstoodthatreference.gif
>>
>>27152066
Don't weaken wild Pokemon and only use Pokeballs. There, standard Pokemon catching is now just as "exciting" as the Safari Zone now!

If you're just going to make the Safari Zone a watered down version of regular Pokemon catching, there's no point including it.
>>
>>27152066
it's only "exciting" until a shiny flees
>>
>>27152155
ebin
>>
>>27152202
See the image in >>27152100 there's more than just throwing balls in the Safari Zone.
>>
>>27151683
I remember panicking looking around for the warden's teeth before the timer ran out as a kid. Probably the only time the safari zone was relevant for me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.