[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-30-23h24m04s306.png (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-30-23h24m04s306.png
602 KB, 1280x720
How long do you guys think until the normie genwunners will drop Go and go back to their every day lives?

Personally, I hate the dudebros who haven't touched Pokemon since they were in elementary school, something like 10 or so. "that 2nd generation joe-toe? isn't real pokemon!" I hate these people.
>>
>>27151290
At first I thought it'd just last a month.
But the social and business aspects may see it last a bit longer than I originally suspected.
>>
I honestly give it two months.

Also

>not realizing half gen 1rs played Gen 2 too
>>
>>27151318
>>27151445

I give it three. If it survives beyond that, it'll probably lose players once gen 3 mons are added.

I honestly got nothing against those who enjoy GO, I'm sure it's really fun if you're into this mobile gaming stuff. I just wish they'd stick to their containment thread and not make several threads about the fucking thing.
>>
>>27151290
There aren't enough lasting long-term progression goals to keep normies hooked methinks. Also once they add the new pokemon everyone will jump ship because they no longer can pretend they are super nerds who know everything about pokemon because they owned a pokemon card they found on the street when they were 7.
>>
>>27151290
The normie genwunners are gonna outlast me at the very least.

>Level 18.
>Getting tired of wasting gas going weird places. When I do go out, my friends just bitch about walking.
>Playing from PC feels nearly as tedious, but with less reward. Why are PC players not just playing Pokemon on 3DS, VC, so forth?
>Can't keep current on any news without a bunch of 500CP Mysticfag smack-talk every 5 seconds.

I've got to know, what's keeping you guys playing this game?
>>
>>27151591
I've only reached level 6. about to be 7, but it sucks when you can't spend at least a buck so instead you are going to Pokestops to get fucking balls. -.-
I'm playing it cause of the adventure and I'm bored of X/Y and Pokken
>>
I think you're just upset because they haven't hung onto the franchise the whole way.
I overheard some of the "normies" discussing Deerling of all things.
>>
>>27151591
>When I do go out, my friends just bitch about walking.
Fuck 'em then, go on an adventure by yourself.
>>
File: 1408304301474.png (557 KB, 843x643) Image search: [Google]
1408304301474.png
557 KB, 843x643
>>27151675
>I think you're just upset because they haven't hung onto the franchise the whole way.
I think that's what it is for me. I remember the days of PokeMania. It was awful. Pokemon everywhere. The shirts, the toys, the Burger King promotions... it's a wonder I got into it at all, but I finally played Blue and was hooked.

And then suddenly, it all faded into obscurity. My friends went from Pokemon cards to Digimon cards. Not that I cares about the cards anyway, I was in it for the games, but it just showed that they only cared about it because it was popular. And I was all alone.

But I stayed with it. Nearly 20 years, I stayed with it. I've seen the flare-ups of interest every now and again, and relished the opportunity to play with people again, but they always leave again. Luckily I've been able to gather a group of dedicated fans for friends, but otherwise it always felt so empty. I was grateful for the inclusion of Wi-Fi with Gen 4.

So it's weird, seeing people jump on board the nostalgia train when for me it's never been about nostalgia. It's just always been about Pokemon.
>>
>>27151675
Yeah and I'm ok with admitting to it. sure I'm pretty hardcore of a fan cause I have a Pika jacket and I know I look cute in it and I'm a guy. (I get hit on by girls and guys all the time). It annoys me that I can't like something openly without normies making fun of me a 24 year old, who is a nerdy geeky guy. OH NO, I have a fucking hobby I enjoy while you're smoking, drinking, fucking up your lungs and liver. I told this to my sister and she gets it but at the same time she doesn't. She's 34 so she has seen it all too. But she was never really into Pokemon at all, she knows a handful of Pokemon but knows my love for it.

My step mom and I got into an argument. "You should be out looking for a JOB instead of playing POKEYMOM!" It's a fucking hobby. I'm doing both. That's not allowed? People like her think that you can get a job by walking in and asking if they are hiring. But this is a while other story.
>>
File: 1455832194922.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455832194922.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>27151826

Those feels man ;-;

Fuck. Right on the fuckin head
>>
File: GOflood 2.png (3 MB, 1245x3801) Image search: [Google]
GOflood 2.png
3 MB, 1245x3801
Unless there's some sort of update with more content i'll give it two months too
though i think already within one more week, we'll see a fast decline in the GOflood on 4chan

>>27151445
Yeah, Gen3 was the major drop point
I mean, i think Gen3 was great, but there's no denying the popularity dropped
>>
>>27151675
I gotta ask, what were they saying about Deerling?
>>
>>27152032
They wanted to fuck the Deerling
>>
File: XPgknYc.jpg (106 KB, 449x648) Image search: [Google]
XPgknYc.jpg
106 KB, 449x648
WE GET IT
YOU NEED TO EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS OF ELITISM IN THIS ONE FEILD THAT YOU HAVE INVESTED YOUR TIME IN
EVERYONE BUT YOU IS AN IGNORANT, SELFISH SOCIALITE INCAPABLE OF LOVE OR GENUINE EXPERIENCE
GOOD FOR YOU
>>
>>27151826
well that's a good story, but that's what a fad is. And even if these people are just in it for nostalgia, it's still healthy for the franchise, if this leads to better sales or something, which it might
And the Genwunners, well, they won't last long if they only played one gen.
>>
>>27152216
WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Also no. It's not that, it's that people other than us will see it as >>27152282
as a fad basically. It's nothing more than a silly little game to them when we as Pokefans have been with this shit our whole life and we love the shit out of it.
>>
>>27151478
Containment threads have never been successful on this board.
>>
File: 0fa.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
0fa.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>tfw you're just playing because they teased some reward for Sun and Moon interaction.
I'm going out for 5am walks now. This isn't okay.
>>
>>27151964
Popularity dropped halfway into Gen 2.
>>
>>27152443
>I dont like exercise and I'm a lazy shit
Stop that anon. I bet you're better than that!
>>
>>27152485
That was sarcasm.
I actually enjoy it because I get hungry early and eat three evenly space meals.
>>
>>27152520
Ah good for you anon. I'm glad you know you have a problem and you're fixing it!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.