[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The last Pokemon games I played were BW and Platinum. I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (233 KB, 405x465) Image search: [Google]
image.png
233 KB, 405x465
The last Pokemon games I played were BW and Platinum.

I'd like to try out gen VI, but I'm not sure where to start.
I don't want to spend a lot, so I'm getting a 2DS; but should I buy ORAS or X/Y to start with?
>>
>>27150408
X/Y for sure.
>>
>>27150420
Why?
Is ORAS bad? Doesn't it have more features than X/Y? I was also under the impression that X/Y legendaries were a bit shitty but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>27150467
No core Pokemon game is bad.
>>
File: XYTrainer.png (202 KB, 835x1080) Image search: [Google]
XYTrainer.png
202 KB, 835x1080
>>27150408

Dude, before gen VI my last games were Gold and Silver. Not HG/SS. The originals, on Game Boy. It's been that long

I jumped right into XY and had a blast
>>
File: flaregrunt.png (111 KB, 403x402) Image search: [Google]
flaregrunt.png
111 KB, 403x402
>>27150408
>BW
You poor bastard.

X and Y were amazing.
>>
>>27151255
>said no one ever
>>
File: qt loss.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
qt loss.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>27150467
ORAS isn't bad. In fact, the Nav was greatly improved.

But it suffers from its source material, and XY has better mons, a better region, and trainer customization.
>>
>>27150408
Buy it used and hack it for free games

>>27151255
BW was better than XY for various reasons and vice versa
>>
>>27151300
When was the last time you interacted with a Pokemon player outside of /vp/ you delusional moron?
>>
>>27150408
ORAS were kind of dissapointing as remakes but they have mega evos and shit that X/Y can't access so i'd go with them.
>>
>>27150408
XY and ORAS were terrible. Just wait for SM
>>
Gen VI is disappointing overall but XY and ORAS are still worth playing. I'd start with XY and then play ORAS later down the road. Don't forget B2W2 as well, 2 of the best in the whole series.
>>
>>27150408
Remake Ruby and sapphire are not worth it. If you want to play Ruby and Sapphire, just go get the games on emulators. As for X/Y yes, get 1 of them it honestly doesn't matter.

Don't get a 2DS it's trash. Get a New3DS XL. Yes it's worth it. Also if you can, buy all your games physically so that way you can trade it in later.

X/Y game play is 10xs better

ORAS basically was over hyped remakes while waiting on X/Y. They aren't that great. At best you get to see Mega evolving and that's ok in it's self

>>27151300
>said no one ever
Who the fuck thinks X/Y were bad?

>>27151314
>Buy it used and hack it for free games
if you hack your games you're not a real pokemon trainer.

>>27151369
>Guys! instead of making new games of the series, we should just cont a story and slap on 2!!
yeah that was exciting.
>>
>>27151254
Must've been amazing. Which features did you like the most in the new games?
>>27151255
>>27151312
>>27151333
Well, since I'd like to have access to the latest features of the games, ORAS would be the better choice right?
Aside from trainer customization, what does XY have that ORAS lacks?

I'll buy SM anyway.
>>
XY single player will feel fresh, but ORAS is the most up to date so it's better for online
>>
>>27151390
Why is the 2DS trash? I want something cheap and sturdy. I really don't give a shit about 3D visuals.
>>
>>27151393
>Aside from trainer customization, what does XY have that ORAS lacks?
It's just a remake. You played it as a kid I assume? OK you know the story. There's nothing special besides riding Latios around and looking down. WOOOO
that's so nifty right?

Dude you clearly want ORAS go get it FFS
>>
>>27151390
>Don't get a 2DS it's trash. Get a New3DS XL
I don't like Videogames thta much, I'm just want a 2DS to play Pokemon because i had fun with Pokemon GO. Why would i want to spend more money on a Console just for Pokemon?
>>
>>27151424
I don't clearly want anything, it's just that mega evolutions being available sounds good. I don't even remember Sapphire's storyline, it's been a long time.
>>
>>27151421
Don't listen to that faggot bro. The 2DS is comfy and pretty nice. The New 3DS isn't worth it unless you like the 3D effect. All Pokemon Games play the same
>>
>>27151421
>>27151452
>>27151455
omg then just fucking get it and stop asking for advice, you clearly cannot listen to a single fucking person. a 2DS is a piece of trash. Go look at a display of the screen and you will go"oh it's tiny" you want something nice, big and durable. Don't be a fucking jew anon. Why don't you like video games? Go back to /g/ then
>>
>>27151467
Alright then. Yeah 3D sounds gimmicky if anything, it doesn't interest me
>>
>>27151487
Is the display as big as the old DS Lite? If so then I'm good, that's enough

I'm not shelling out hundreds of dollars for a 3DS, I just want to play Pokemon.
>>
File: 1422585707332.gif (1008 KB, 479x270) Image search: [Google]
1422585707332.gif
1008 KB, 479x270
>>27151487
you ok bud?
>>
>>27151517
They buy the 2DS or normal 3DS my friend. You won't regret it
>>
>>27150408
X/Y. I'd also recommend going back and checking out B/W2 (I played both 1 and 2 and 2 was better imo). Remakes are cool but checking out the core series games is a must.

Also, 2DS is garbage. Don't do that to yourself, OP. At least get a 3DS XL, you can find refurb ones pretty cheap these days.
>>
>>27151528
He's not listening but instead whining he should play Ruby remake, that's fine, then stop asking why you shouldnt if you want it. God damn. I hate when people don't know if they want it or not and question the shit out of it.

>>27151533
they are both VERY small, you will regret the size..
>>
>>27151390
>if you hack your games you're not a real pokemon trainer.
Anon, he said to hack the system to allow for piracy, not hack the games themselves.
>>
>>27151545
Different anon here, the only arguments I've seen against the 2DS so far were "it's trash" and "it has a tiny screen". What's so bad about it in particular?
>>
>>27151674
It's basically a 3DS on a Brick
Large as fuck
Can't fit in your pocket
>>
>>27151674
2DS isn't really awful, but the design is pretty shit since it was geared towards younger kids. The 3DS being foldable makes it more portable, more convenient, keeps it safer/cleaner etc. 2DS has some other smaller downsides like shit sound quality without headphones, there are heaps of charts out there comparing each model's features.

For a Pokemon only machine it's probably still fine if you really don't want to spend more.
>>
>>27151854
>cant fit in your pocket
Nigga, I can comfingly fit my 3DS in my pocket or back pocket, what are you wearing? Woman pants?
>>
>>27151948
oh and it has a problem with being 1 piece of glass on the entire thing. There are no 2 pieces.
>>
Is the 2DS small as in ruin your immersion small, or just small compared to the 3DS XL's xboxhueg screen?
>>
>>27150408
why not B2/W2?
>>
>>27152529
both. I have VERY bad eyesite and I bet like 1/2 the people on /vp/ do too. So getting a bigger thing is always awesome.
>>
>>27150408
If you're actually going to get a gen VI game then you should probably go with X/Y since you've already probably played gen III. You'll be getting something new, unless the nostalgia thing appeals to you... You would probably enjoy either for different reasons.

But really, my ultimate advice is to just wait for S&M. Why waste the money?
>>
>>27152602
It's better to buy a game from the latest gen
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.