[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Pokemon Go going to be more successful than Pokemon Sun and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 404x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 404x236
Is Pokemon Go going to be more successful than Pokemon Sun and Moon? The hype for Sun and Moon died after Pokemon Go came out
>>
>>27149717
Pokemon Go is a fad. Sun and Moon isn't.

Sun and Moon are shaping up to be great entries in the Pokemon franchise and, if anything, Go will help bolster publicity for Sun and Moon. The markets aren't really competing ones: they're cooperative.
>>
>>27149717

No it didn't
>>
>>27149717
>Is Pokemon Go going to be more successful than Pokemon Sun and Moon?
Go is for genwunners and attention whores. From the looks of it, SM seems to be shaping up to be a pretty solid game, and with the Battle Royal being a prominent feature, these games will skyrocket in sales

>The hype for Sun and Moon died after Pokemon Go came out
No it hasn't. If anything, this hype season has been one of the better ones since all the information releases are being spread out and nothing is being spoiled so far, unlike Gen 6's "pre-release" season. Everything looks decent and polished, and a major step up from XY
>>
>>27149717
If the new pokemon in Sun and Moon continue to be ugly, I'd say it's possible
Especilly if they start updating Pokemon Go with newer generations of Pokemon
>>
>>27149920
Seems like the consensus at this point is that the new designs are solid and well-received.

Don't let your own opinions obscure the facts, anon.
>>
>>27149717
>Is Pokemon Go going to be more successful than Pokemon Sun and Moon?

I don't think so
>>
>>27149717
>The hype for Sun and Moon died after Pokemon Go came out

They exist in two separate realms, really. Pokemon Go didn't stop everyone from losing their shit over Pikaboo.
>>
For all we know go could easily be dead in a month or 2.
>>
>>27149717
yes, but not because it is a better a game but because it is more accessible, nobody had to go and buy an extra device to play pokemon GO, while a portable console is necessary to enjoy sun/moon
>>
>>27149717
It's certainly gonna surpass every new Pokemon game when it comes to user base
>>
>Is a free mobile game going to be more successful than a full priced 3ds game?

Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>27149717
>>27149890
I made a thread for this yesterday, actually, and I had a response that put things in perspective quite nicely:

"I think that GO is doing all it needs to do. The App is making gamefreak a shit ton of money which is nice but consider this. When's the last times you saw pokemon in the news THIS often?

Sun and Moon are going to probably sell extremely well. 3ds/2ds are cheaper than ever and brand awareness is higher than ever. This holiday season a ton of people are going to pick it up.

But ultimately no handheld game can compete with a free game that uses one device nearly everyone in the modern era already owns. But GO is making money off of people who checked out of pokemon decades ago, or never even checked in to begin with."
>>
sun and moon still have another 4 months before they come out, Go is out now
>>
>>27149769
thos. as soon as they announce that Go is not compatible with SM, the fad will die. im only playing Go now because it might be
>>
>>27149717
It might help boost sales for Sun and Moon.
>>
I don't understand. How are these two titles even competing, you retard? It's the same franchise for the same company. It's earning them money regardless.

Goddamn GO is bringing in all kinds of retards.
>>
>>27149717
>Sun and moon hype died

How the fuck did you get this conclusion? For the past 5 days since the release of Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sun and Moon, along with the new nintendo 3ds xl's, have been in the top 50 best sellers on amazon.

Pokemon Go is actually getting normies and past pokemon fans curious about pokemon, stop being a edgy faggot hating on everything popular
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.