[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend is lost cause
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
When it comes to making pokemon teams
he sucks just plan and simple. Can we give him some help? He wants to keep toxicroak and greninja (mah boi likes frogs)
>>
>>27149055
best advice for him: use your favorites
>>
>>27149055
Teams for what? VGC?
>>
>>27149109
>Teams for what?
This is a good question, OP.
By what standard do you say he is a lost cause at building a team? What is he hoping to accomplish with his team? What do you hope to accomplish with a team?
>>
>>27149055
>3 starters
Reeks of normie trash. Noivern is an excellent choice, though.
>>
>>27149055

What is this team for? If it's just for in-game play, it's perfectly fine.
>>
Replace Noivern with an Aegislash and add a Rotom

team is now 50% more viable
>>
>>27149055
A grass type like breloom.
>>
>>27149152
he is a lost cause at making a good team
there hasn't been a time where i haven't beat him with one pokemon because of type advantages i just need help giving him a team where he'll fair good enough with his fave frogs
>>
>>27149055
Why not use all 5 frogs in a Rain Dance team? Chuck in a Kingdra or a Rotom and there you go.
>>
>>27149236
>there hasn't been a time where i haven't beat him with one pokemon because of type advantages
Okay, so you two duel your teams, and you want him to actually stand a chance?
If he is even remotely autistic, he can do what I do and look at the type chart, and go line by line. Depending on how it is put together, I use one axis to calculate the number of types each type have a benefit against, and the other to calculate how many liabilities a type has, and do my best to compile a team with as many strong types with as few liabilities as is possible. I try to have as many types covered so I have as many type advantages with as few liabilities as possible. I'll also try to supplement any mons with glaring liabilities with an attack they can throw against someone who'll send one with an obvious type strength at them. Obviously its subjective, as it should be, but IMO its a fairly basic I'm probably doing a garbage job explaining, but that always my starting point to build a team. Your boy obviously has duplicate Flying types, as well as Water Types. I'd wager you knock his ass out with a decent Electric type, and he never thinks to give one of his a Ground type attack to throw at you.
>>
Just go to smogon faggot

this isnt the build a team for me board
>>
File: MYNIGGA.gif (3 MB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
MYNIGGA.gif
3 MB, 600x255
>>27149750

>tell mah boi he is bad at pokemon
>we both decide /vp/ was the place to go to prove me right or wrong
>word the post so i don't hurt his feelings
>waiting for someone to make this point
>someone did
>mynigga.gif
>>
>>27149055
Politoed, make a Rain team. Dump the Fire types for Hitmontop and Mexican Pineapple.
>>
>>27149055
Greninja is fine competitively as long as he's using Protean and has good coverage.
>>
File: 1456264448279.gif (948 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456264448279.gif
948 KB, 500x281
>>27149894
Aww shit. Happy to help, anon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.