[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never Played Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: pokemon blue.gif (20 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
pokemon blue.gif
20 KB, 256x224
Which game is the absolute best out of all the generations? I don't want to start off with Pokemon Go, that wouldn't be an optimal experience.
>pic related, it's my cousin's favorite
>>
>>27148619
Just start in order.
>>
>>27148619
In terms of features and accessibility and such, just start out with ORAS or wait for Sun and Moon
>>
Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
>>
Fire Red is a good way to play the originals without dealing with all the horribly aged mechanics. Download a patch called Fire Red 386 if you're playing on an emulator.
>>
Id start with frlg
>>
What are you doing on this board
>>
>>27148619
FireRed/LeafGreen is a good start and if you wanna follow the timeline that the regions were released go
FRLG-> HeartGold/SoulSilver -> OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire -> Platinum -> Black/White -> Black/White 2
>>
>>27148696
>>27148706
this

then hg, then plat, then bw2
>>
>>27148773
>skipping b/w with b/w2
Fucking moron.
>>
>>27148791
b/w sucks
>>
>>27148656
Seconding this.
>>
>>27148766
Eh, that'd be weird with how much things have changed.
I'd recommend
FireRed/LeafGreen -> Emerald -> Platinum -> HeartGoldSoulSilver -> Black/White -> Black2 and White 2 -> XY -> ORAS

And I see what you're doing ORASfag.
Emerald is not skippable. They both have things that make them worth playing.
>>
>>27148679
This.
>>
>>27148821
ORAS is only worth it for the free Deoxys desu
>>
>>27148815
Story is great and its a nice throwback to gen 1 without gen 1.
>>
>>27148815
I must be alone in feeling like b/w were the best new pokemon games since gold and silver.
>>
I'd recomend starting off with Gen 4, to be honest. The first two are kind of a mess that were carried by the hype of Pokemania. From a strictly technical perspective, they are shittily made games. Gen 3 turned it around, but there's such a massive difference between 3 and 4 you may as well just start with the DS family games.

Platinum > HeartGold/SoulSilver > Black/White > Black/White2 >X/Y >OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire.

The only real reason to play the GBA games is nostalgia's sake. If you don't have Gen1 nostalgia there's no real reason to play it, and I say that as an ancientfag of Pokemon fans. They're not bad games by any margin, but they did not age as gracefully as the DS games.
>>
>>27148956
>skipping Emerald
Fuck off.
>>
ORAS, XY, Platinum, Emerald and FRLG are best.
>>
>>27148619
For a real newbie go in this Order
>LeafGreen
>SoulSilver
>Platinum
>Black
>White2
>OmegaRuby
>XY

This is as close combination of Game Release and Game Timeline as possible.
>>
>>27148982
You like Emerald because you remember it. From the perspective of someone who's never played it though, they're not really missing out by skipping the GBA games. The most streamlined experience starts at the DS games.

If you give a shit about the story, sure, GBA games are important. But if you give a shit about the story you should probably play a different RPG altogether.
>>
>>27148619
Emerald, Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver are the only Pokemon games anyone needs to play.

The rest are ok, but you won't be missing out if you don't play them.
>>
>>27148821
I agree with this.
>>
>>27148656
Third this
>>
>>27149083
This is would be correct if it said FireRed and HeartGold instead of LeafGreen and SoulSilver.
>>
FRLG > Emerald > Platinum > HGSS > BW > BW2
>>
>Heartgold or Soulsilver
>Platinum
>Black or White
>X or Y
>OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire

Following this list you can transfer your Pokemon cleanly through the generations, and will play one game from each generation.
>>
>>27149100
>From the perspective of someone who's never played it though, they're not really missing out by skipping the GBA games. The most streamlined experience starts at the DS games.
I love the way some people like to talk about how others will experience things differently when they didn't.

I started to play pokemon for the first time in my life two years ago. Not underage, just never had the chance.
Started in order because I'm a /vr/ fag and want to experience the franchise the way the original players did. Even made a thread here two years ago where people helped me with some doubts.

Enjoyed Blue a lot. Crystal was a huge blast.
Played Sapphire recently (yes I'm going slow) and so far the experience was even better.
People always says that Emerald was far better (reason I played Sapphire first, to see the changes for myself) and you're telling him to skip it because according to you Emerald can only be enjoyed for the nostalgia?
No offense, but from the perspective of someone who actually is in a similar position to OP, that's just a lie.

>>27148656
Do this OP, the first ones are still good even if they've aged quite a bit.
>>
File: 1456680886260.jpg (101 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1456680886260.jpg
101 KB, 500x384
hey guys, I have a related question
I only ever played fire red and some b/w and since sun/moon is looking kinda interesting and RGBY is going on sale this week I thought I'd cop it.

What are the differences between the versions though, I never quite understood what's the deal with that. Only thing I know is that supposedly yellow has some aesthetic changes to appeal to the anime audience. What's beyond that?
>>
Yellow -> Crystal -> Emerald -> Platinum

Everything else is trash.
>>
>>27148619

start with FRLG
then go to HGSS
then Emerald
then Platinum
then B2W2 (skip the first ones, they suck)
then stop
>>
>>27150733
Between Red and Blue? Literally only the exclusive pokemon. See here
http://www.serebii.net/rb/exclusives.shtml

Yellow has sprites closer to Sugimori drawings slash the anime, and you get a pikachu at the start instead of a choice between the starters (your rival gets Eevee). The gyms have different Pokemon, wild pokemon locations are rearranged, and there's a different set of exclusives. A few of the bugs were fixed and there's a new minigame (which is pretty minor)

Also, Yellow has color, though not on the scale of GSC. Different areas are shaded in different palettes, and each Pokemon gets its own palette.
>>
>>27151803
so, between red/blue and yellow, which one is recommended for someone with previous experience with pokemon like mine?
I know you guys can get pretty in-depth about this but I just want the most enjoyable experience.

Also, on another note, is it possible to trade with the eshop RGBY versions?
I always emulated or just had nobody to trade with which locked me out from some evolutions and it was always pretty discouraging.
>>
>>27151913
just read up a bit and some of the pokemons I want appear to be missing from yellow and blue, so I suppose I'm left with red
thanks guys
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.