[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legendary is making live action pokemon. How do you feel about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Dragonball_Evolution.png (514 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
Dragonball_Evolution.png
514 KB, 460x460
Legendary is making live action pokemon. How do you feel about this?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>
A live-action Pokemon movie was always an awful idea so I don't really care.
>>
>>27147541
Depends
>Ash is main character
DROPPED
>Ash isn't main character
I'll give it a shot
>>
I just hope the MCs are actually Kids like they are supposed to be.

I'd rather this not be a grimdark, aged-up re-telling. I just want this to be a tale of a kid and his nuclear warhead best friend.

It will probably be a train wreck either way. I'm happy my movie theater actually serves drinks for this kind of thing
>>
>>27147629
This. I hope its an original story.
>>
trying to get the rights for =/= making
>>
>>27147703
They have basically sealed it and that will make it right away to cash in on the popularity of Go. Don't be naive
>>
>>27147541
it's either origins tier, ashmine tier, or edgy/2deep4you tier
either way it's going to suck for being a live action to begin with
>>
>directed by Christopher Nolan
>pokemon are just regular animals
>the story deals with an autistic teenager who only speaks to his pet animals
>this concerns his parents
>the film is a commentary on mental illness but leaves ambiguity to whether his animals understood him or not
>>
>>27147560
>I just came here to post that my opinion is that I have no opinion on the matter but i want my voice to be heard regardless.

same here.
>>
>>27147541

can work out if done correctly, but they won't

so it's gonna be shit and how i feel about every video game based movie.
>>
>>27147541
This will be terrible no matter what direction they go in. If it's all about battling, it'll be cringey and poorly received. If they try to kake it artful, it'll confuse all the casuls and no one will like it. I might give it a chance, but I definitely wouldn't expect much.
>>
I dont give a fuck
>>
To all the idiots saying "you don't care"

I am willing to bet my life that anyone who would post on a pokemon forum within a larger site is on some level going to watch or follow a live action movie. You're not fooling anyone
>>
Max Landis will pen it
He's not a non-Jew, by the way
>>
>>27148039
Plenty of people on /vp/ don't watch the ashnime because it's complete dogshit. I imagine the same would apply to this movie.
>>
>>27148040
there is literally nothing wrong with being jewish
>>
>>27147999
>giving up before even starting
you gonna shill the fuck out of whatever comes out with such low expecactions, that bash it again when you see some loud /vp/ers lement how horrible it was.
>>
>>27148039
I like Pokemon but i won't eat every piece of shit just because it has a poke on label on it.
>>
>>27148039
I knew that the wow movie was going to be shit the moment they anounced that they took some "liberties" with the story
the webms in /tv/ comfirmed that, played wow untill the past year and still havent see that movie, neither Im going to see this one, hell I didnt watch DB evolution until they passed it on tv for free
>>
>>27148113
Not expecting it to be good =! bashing it or giving up already. It literally just means I expect it to be bad but I'll give it a shot.
>>
I hope they adapt Unova OR Hoenn, those are the best stories that can be adapted into a movie and be somewhat good.
I just hope they make it slightly more mature than in the games, but not edgy and 2deep tier.

but honestly, the worst thing that could happen to a pokemon movie is it being live action, and that's already basically confirmed, so the worst is out of the way, thankfully
>>
File: femen-soros-israel.png (776 KB, 1216x570) Image search: [Google]
femen-soros-israel.png
776 KB, 1216x570
>>27148089
Nothing wrong with silly insignificant NEET Jews like you

Hollywood and Wall Street is a different story though
>>
>>27148039
Many /vp/ regulars don't care for the anime. Many /vp/ regulars don't care for the Reburst manga. I don't see how it would be any different for the live action movie.
>>
>>27148206
>>27148243
>>>/pol/
>>
>>27148308
What does /pol/ have to do with enemies of humanity like George Soros being Jewish? I literally have nothing against Jewish plebs. It's just that the elite (of which 60-70% is Jewish) who is evil, and this isn't a controversial thing to say. Most people acknowledge that Jews control the media and the banking system.
>>
>>27148429
>rich = evil
>most rich are jews
>jews control the media and the banks
>this is all common knowledge!
like I said,
>>>/pol/
>>
>>27148516
>>rich = evil
No, just using your riches to promote agendas

>>most rich are jews
http://www.timesofisrael.com/10-jews-in-forbes-top-50-billionaires/
Provide proof that they aren't

>>this is all common knowledge!
No one denies that it's not and it's not anti-semitic to recognise that fact. Even Jews themselves admit that they own most media and banks

Since it's, well, true:
http://humansarefree.com/2013/11/complete-list-of-banks-ownedcontrolled.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_businesspeople#Television.2C_film_and_video
>>
>>27148658
>http://www.timesofisrael.com/10-jews-in-forbes-top-50-billionaires/
>10/50 are jews
>most
the fact its more than their relevant % in the population does not negate the fact most billionaires are non-jews, and we haven't even started to think in smaller scales like millionaires.

>No one denies that
doesn't say its true
> it's not anti-semitic to recognise that fact.
prejeduice is prejeduice even when its a positive one. no one gonna deny blacks have larger penises either.

>http://humansarefree.com
again /pol/

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_businesspeople#Television.2C_film_and_video
those count people who born into secualr families as jews, many who wouldn't count as jews by orthodox jews. in 100 years, you will claim same industries controlled by gays, and for much the same reason- claiming to be one gives you support from nice places.
>>
>>27148658
>>27148864
>>>/pol/
Both of you
This isn't the place for this discussion.
>>
>>27147780
>directed by Michael Bay
>Ash is annoying af and Misty is a skanky teenager
>all the Pokémon are overdesigned
>the "badass" ones like Charizard and Blastoise are 50 feet tall and end up leveling entire cities for extra Bayhem
>>
>>27148885
/pol/ isn't exactly the place for it either, as one of them will be called a faggot jew lover and told to die painfully.
>>
>>27147780
>>27147780
So a Nolan's reboot of Doctor Dolittle?
>>
>>27149069
>Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

>Ash's name is pronounced "Aw-sh" the whole movie
>Fire-type pokémon need fire around them to use their powers
>Ground type pokemon are weaklings and only appear for 3 scenes, do nothing.
>Brock is Indian
>Misty's hair is a penis.
>>
>>27148864
>10/50 are jews
>There were about 4 million adherents of Judaism in the U.S. as of 2001, approximately 1.4% of the US population.

>prejeduice is prejeduice even when its a positive one. no one gonna deny blacks have larger penises either.
What's your point?

>again /pol/
Nice goal post moving. Now provide source that states Rothshields don't own most banks in the world.

>those count people who born into secualr families as jews, many who wouldn't count as jews by orthodox jews. in 100 years, you will claim same industries controlled by gays, and for much the same reason- claiming to be one gives you support from nice places.
I'm not familiar with the terms "secular Jew" and "orthodox Jew". Are they related to the religion of Judaism? What does that have to do with anything? An ethnic Jew is like an ethnic English, or French, or Czech. I'm sure some of these Jews are Christian, or Atheist, or Pagan, but this has no relevance in the argument.

I don't get why you take this so personally. I have nothing against you or jews in general, just the general status-quo of the elite. I have a couple jewish friends too, who are some of my favourite people in the world. But when it comes to Hollywood, you can't not be sceptic.
>>
>>27148039
You do realise that I and many others literally care about nothing Pokemon-related other than the main series games?
>>
I wish Studio Ghibli would make a an Pokemon movie, it would set the right tone and have better stories and pacing than current Pokemon movies.

Hollywood making a live action Pokemon movie would be the worst thing ever.
>>
>>27147541
Will never fucking happen. There's been hundreds of scripts written for a potential live-action Zelda movie, and Nintendo has rejected each and every one of them. Pokemon is no different.
>>
>Movie opens with panning over a small town.
>Slow instrumental of "I wanna be the very best" plays.
>Camera starts to zoom down on a small house towards the upstairs bedroom.
>Teen's Voice: "I'm going to be best, like no one ever was..."
>Title screen appears and the audience starts singing the theme and clapping as opening credits flash.
>>
>>27147541
>#LandisPokemon
Max Landis hasn't made one good movie. It's going to be shit and you know it. Probably going to be some lame teenage romcom with Pokemon slapped on it.
>>
>>27149386
The Pokemon Company is actually shilling for a live action movie, though, and they're the ones who hold most of the rights to Pokemon.
>>
>>27149867
I fucking hope so. They better not give in to filthy western abusers. Pokemon has stayed pure and high-quality because of the careful management TPC does for it.
>>
>>27147541
>Ash is main
NOPE
If this happens I will be mad.
If it's like I think they will do I'll tell you the ENTIRE story:
>Be Ash
>Be in Kanto
>Be a Pika
>Prof Oak
>Ash's mom
>Ash fights for the first gym
>he teams up with Brock
Wait this sounds like the first 20 eps in 1 wrap.. OH WAIT THAT'S WHAT THEY WILL DO!
I can already tell you now that the movie is mostly hype BS and it's going to be terrible. It will be catwoman terrible and normies will argue "OMG FINALLY! A LIVE ACTION!" the only good Live action of any anime I've ever watched was Death Note. I heard DBE was terrible.

If they do Red and Blue then HELL YEAH. I'll watch it. It's by Legendary right? so why not? I've not seen any movies by them that are bad.
>>
>It's not animated
Brb killing myself
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.