[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, here's the deal: Back in 2006 I bought a GameTransfer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1333852784233.jpg (30 KB, 531x433) Image search: [Google]
1333852784233.jpg
30 KB, 531x433
Ok, here's the deal: Back in 2006 I bought a GameTransfer GB so I could make a backup of my Pokémon Red cartridge before the internal battery ran dry. I successfully made such back up, hoping that someday I could transfer my trusty team to the modern games.

Lo and behold, that day may arrive in November, when using the Pokétransfer, Pokémon bank and the Virtual Console Pokémon Red everyone will supposedly be able to transfer Gen I Pokémon into the newer generation.

So, as a chump, I bought the Pokémon Red Virtual console game and copied the back up of my original Red into the SD card. And... it told me the save file was corrupted.

Searching online I found that, while my idea is possible, I need a... jailbroken? (is that the term for 3DSs?) 3DS. In no way or form I'm going to hack my 3DS.

But I have my older, original model 3DS stored. So, what I ask is the following: is there a way to use my the backup of my Red Cartridge in the Virtual Console game of my 3DS using the cracked original model 3DS?
>>
> Wants to do something illegal
> Doesn't want to do something illegal

lmao
>>
>>27146702
That's not what he said at all.
>spaces before the first word in greentext
Fuck off plebbit.
>>
>>27146727
Just hack your ds pussy
>>
File: 1357280980860.png (197 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1357280980860.png
197 KB, 800x600
>>27146741
I don't want to risk losing my eshop purchases, bricking it or screwing with the Nintendo accounts linked to it. But since I already passed all the info from my original 3DS to my N3DSXL, that's why I'm willing to use/sacrifice the original 3DS.
>>
Your best bet is to hack your old 3DS, load the save on a pirated copy of red, and trade your team to your official copy on your newer 3DS.

This way you can upload them to pokebank for S/M if you want.
>>
What about the Linkara method? That produces legit Gen 1 to gen 6 transfers with no console modding.
>>
>>27147374
https://youtu.be/bc_Jovck1so
I mean This. Happy transferring.
>>
File: 1269978629862.jpg (270 KB, 697x652) Image search: [Google]
1269978629862.jpg
270 KB, 697x652
>>27146820
Care to explain this further? This seems like something I can do.

>>27147374
Linkara? Got a link to that method?
>>
>>27146820
This. Do not update the firmware on the old 3DS though, would make your job so much harder.

>>27146816
You wouldn't risk the purchases or screwing with your accounts. Haven't heard of a 3DS brick either.

Source: had mine jailbroken until I got what I wanted from it (free, infinite gold coins so that I could actually finally finish all of those plaza games) and went back to stock system with no patches applied.

Just go to gbatemp.net and read the tutorials on their forums, it's going to be easier and faster than someone on /vp/ spoon-feeding the whole process to you.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but they'd essentially have to write a guide of some sorts just for you whereas they're already freely available online.

Plus /vg/ sometimes has modding/hacking/jailbreaking generals, so for all you know someone could be discussing it at this very second.
>>
>>27146670
Just hack the 3DS you lose nothing and it's a matter of your own self control and morals if you pirate.
>>
>>27147435
See >>27147433
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.