[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'Rental Pokemon' are used to traverse larger areas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 960x640
>'Rental Pokemon' are used to traverse larger areas compared to riding Pokemon in XY
>Can battle trainers while riding
>Outright replace HMs like surf, fly, strength, etc.

Why haven't you pre ordered yet?
>>
souce on that info ?
>>
>>27146449
So instead of making space for a hm slave, we'll have to make space for a rental pokemon. And we won't be able to use Fly from anywhere outdoors, only from where is a rental available. Fucking great 10/10.
>>
>>27146449
>Can battle trainers while riding
even if this is true
>trainer has to be standing for synchro dancing

If I can't see selene riding a tauros in the back then it's worthless
>>
>>27146485
>we'll have to make space for a rental pokemon
Not necessarily. Riding in XY didn't require you to have an empty slot on your team, and these rideable Pokemon could be available whenever you're in a location that requires you to surf across a body of water, or push a heavy boulder. As for flying, maybe you do have to teach that to your Pokemon. That or soaring is back and a key item like the riding gear could summon a fast travel Pokemon
>>
>>27146633
It doesn't make much sense for rental pokemon to not take up a space in your team if you can fight with them, unless they are the only pokemon you can use while riding them and them fainting means you're dismounted and return to the start point of the obstacle or something like that.
>>
Just think of it like renting chocobo on the high road in Final fantasy X
>>
File: Pokemon jump the shark.jpg (35 KB, 904x509) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon jump the shark.jpg
35 KB, 904x509
>>27146633
>That or soaring is back and a key item like the riding gear could summon a fast travel Pokemon

This is how it should be done. Fangames have gotten it right, why can't Gamefreak?
>>
>>27146474
Ops asshole
>>
>>27146690
Who says you could? You can probably fight other trainers while riding them though.
>>
>>27146449
I don't mind this compared to the items everyone was wanting before.

>>27146503
Imagine her sitting on its back, just chugging along, and then jumping up, standing on its back, and doing the pose while Tauros is charging. That's hype.
>>
I've said this so many times; if riding pokemon doesn't completely replace bikes, there's no point to it.
>>
>>27146709
So they'll have the same movement speed as the player's running?

That sounds absolutely useless.
>>
>>27146730
Wait a sec, is he shirtless?
>>
>>27146690
>they are the only pokemon you can use while riding them and them fainting means you're dismounted and return to the start point of the obstacle or something like that.
I like this.
>>
>>27146818
No thanks
>>
File: eurekaapprove.gif (1 MB, 216x444) Image search: [Google]
eurekaapprove.gif
1 MB, 216x444
>>27146784
this
>>
File: tripcodes.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tripcodes.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>27146781
>>
>>27146818
It would be a good challenge while progressing though the game but a chore in the postgame when you have to move around to a lot of different places to catch em all.
>>
Source: OP's ass.
>>
>>27146633
What about clothing changes?
>>
>>27146449
>Wait wait wait... No HM?
>That means no badges.
>That means no gyms.

Firedman, get your ass down here and explain yourself again!
>>
>>27146743
probably true yeah
>>
>>27145371
>>
>>27146449
so, pokemons are wow mounts now ? I would love to be able to hover my landorus-T back
>>
>>27146947
There are indeed no gyms, enemy team bases take their place and admins replace gym leaders. In fact there is no pokemon league at all until one is established in the postgame once Alola is freed, and you are allowed to participate without gym badges in recognition for your efforts in fighting the criminal team. The game's story is actually quite different from previous games, after picking your starter you are sent to the second town, which is a port town, in order to grab a boat to another region where you'd start collecting badges, however the criminal team hijacks it because it needs the technology it uses to brave the strong currents between regions in order to capture the cover legendary.

Source: Uncle who works at Nintendo
>>
Can I just say that I love the fact we can shirtless now?
It's about time the games do what Ash and the manga protags have been doing for years.
>>
>>27147067
Scp-ing that
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.