[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want from the inevitable remake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 21
File: 630x.jpg (156 KB, 530x327) Image search: [Google]
630x.jpg
156 KB, 530x327
What do you want from the inevitable remake?
>>
File: ThQwy.png (178 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
ThQwy.png
178 KB, 512x384
Remove this triggering building!
>>
>>27143201
Make it faster
>>
>>27143201
Giratina oppai forme
>>
have it be a sequel in sinnoh rather than a remake
>>
>>27143201
To make the music less annoying and to have more Fire-types. Also, having to go through Mt. Coronet 30 times was very annoying, so doing something about that would be nice. Everything else is more or less inconsequential.

I'm in the minority with my opinion about the music in it, but it's just so screechy or disjointed. It will definitely be "fixed" with whatever new remixes come out, though.
>>
I want it to use the perfect Platinum dex
>>
Remade music.
That shit was great.
>>
>>27143201
to scrap that idea and make a Gen 1 remake
>>
>>27143201

> return of following Pokemon

That's literally it
>>
>>27143255
>it's only the starters and Pikachu in Amity Square again
>>
>>27143251
We already got that.
>>
>>27143241

^This.
>>
>>27143219
Replace it with a mosque.
>>
>>27143274
when? fire red and leaf green doesn't count
>>
File: tumblr_nn8jdkKXFJ1tqn35to1_1280.png (674 KB, 1000x1296) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn8jdkKXFJ1tqn35to1_1280.png
674 KB, 1000x1296
>>27143201
I want
>No Defog HM
>A complete revamp of the 'swamp' bullshit
>More Fire types available
>Closure for my Looker-bro

>>27143233
We're already there.
>>
>>27143235
what the fuck dppt music was the best in the whole franchise
btfo with your shit taste and fucking tripcode
>>
Updayed Amity square
>>
>>27143281

Go, you dingus. It's for all the genwun casual fucks that haven't played good Pokemon games. Also as glitch-filled, and rumor laden as the original games
>>
>>27143290
>doesn't want a defog hm available again
>>
Can you stop being Hoenn fags

It's not this gen

It's too early for it to be this gen
>>
File: Santalune_Forest_XY.png (469 KB, 510x493) Image search: [Google]
Santalune_Forest_XY.png
469 KB, 510x493
>>27143281
>>
>>27143290

> complete revamp of the swamp bullshit

No
>>
File: arceus.png (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
arceus.png
47 KB, 250x250
>>27143201
Fix God.
>>
>>27143301
>no battling
>no training
>literally just catch pokemon
Besides the pokemon that are used its nothing like the greatest of gen's
>>
>>27143235
>>27143290
Be honest, if there were more fire types, how many of them would you actually use?
>>
>>27143409
I don't like the Chimchar line and I didn't feel like Ponyta in the early game. Magmar can be found way later - I seriously wouldn't mind an early Fire-type. PokéRadar Litleo, perhaps.
>>
File: 1449715124310.jpg (54 KB, 632x790) Image search: [Google]
1449715124310.jpg
54 KB, 632x790
It's going to sound gr8.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykMkly5puvQ
>>
Platinum version
That's basically all I need to be honest.
>>
>>27143290
I never knew I wanted this picture
>>
>>27143201
the game to be faster than old people fucking

remove barry
remove 80% of pokemon added
>>
Fix the region, balance the pokémon found in game even better than done in Platinum, make new zones, primal arceus and decent new forms for Dialga/ palkia/ giratina (To be possible,with abilities more interesting than pressure), nice remixes of music,faster surf, don't make Mt. Coronet so fucking annoying to visit each time... Wht can i say, back in the day i expected a lot of Diamond/ pearl and i got pretty disappointed.
>>
>>27143568
>remove barry
Pleb detected
>>
Imagine how annoying it will be to walk around Mt. Coronet again.
>>
Platinum content, but it won't have it because apparently the 2 base versions matter more than the objectively superior third versions according to Game Freak.
>>
>>27143201
Do what ORAS didn't and instead make it two Platinum remakes with DP's version differences. I fucking swear if they leave out the Distortion World of the main story it will be the first Pokémon games ever that I don't buy. I don't want another ORAS disappointment.

Also, make a Delta Episode for Arceus.
>>
>>27143333
just give Arceus a primal form with 150 base everything
And don't make it so easy to catch, or at least add a cinematic with it "choosing" to stay with the player instead of being captured against its will
Make the Azure flute an in-game obtainable item, not an event

there you go
>>
>>27146508
>>And don't make it so easy to catch, or at least add a cinematic with it "choosing" to stay with the player instead of being captured against its will

Fuck no, make a cinematic of it struggling to break out, but it's unable to, its power unable to beat the unholy mechanical contraption it's trapped in. Arceus cries as dark clouds herald the death of the world without its creator. Next to the trapped corpse-god, a 10 year old child who should not have the kind of power (s)he has, smiles creepily with empty eyes.
>>
Am I the only one who kinda hopes Primal Dialga will be in remakes? I know 'Primal' was a gimmick for Groudon/Kyogre's mega evolution, but since Primal Dialga existed first on paper, I feel like it'd be cool to actually canonize him and his awesome music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61oFE03ZFAY
>>
>>27146845
Primal Dialga was Dark Dialga in japanese, he was closer to the shadow pokemon of Orre than to primal Kyogre and Groudon. Having said that, if Dailga and Palkia do get primal forms, Dialga's better look like Primal Dialga from explorers.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1060x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1060x712
I want them to leave Galactic's aesthetic alone.
It's already perfect.
ESPECIALLY Saturn and Mars. Don't just drastically change characters for the sake of it. I don't want them in leotards or some shit. I don't want Mars to be dark and I don't want Saturn to be a fatass.
It works for Aqua for obvious reasons(shame about redhead Shelly though, redhead + dark would've been great), but it won't for Galactic.
>>
>>27143409
I autistically like to have a specific set-up for my team, consisting of my starter and two others making a FWG core. It hurt my younger brain that I didn't want the only Fire-type I could find in Diamond and that there were no others, anywhere. So I'd grab an early-route Magby, I'd grab a Houndour, etc, etc.
>>
Underground. Spent hours with my brother just hunting treasure and shit.
>>
>>27146742
YEAH A-AND THEN YOU, I MEAN THE PLAYER, SAYS LIKE, "go to sleep.." OR LIKE "what's a god to a non believer?" RRREAALLLY CREEPILY OMG GUIZ :P
>>
>>27147063
And then a hyper-realistic skeleton pops out.
>>
Use the Platinum dex
Make it so I don't need all the HMs to traverse the Victory Road
Larger variety of Pokemon in the Trophy Garden
Use the HGSS Safari Zone customizaton process for the Swamp
Move the Seals Shop to the town when you first get it
>>
>>27146997
Having only one team was stupid. Galactic should stay in pearl, as galaxies comprise vast amounts of physical space. Diamond should have something else.
>>
>>27147229
Yeah, no. Two teams was a mistake, Hoennshitter.
>>
File: eug.jpg (33 KB, 564x352) Image search: [Google]
eug.jpg
33 KB, 564x352
>>27147036
Man, I forgot about that. With how now we virtually have a Pokemon MMO in everything but making other trainers physically show up on your game, Underground could actually be made into something really rad. Use the new secret base system they made for ORAS. Everyone's will be kept underground and you can run around, hunt fossils, invade bases, etc.

I'd be really hyped for that actually. I love secret bases. I'm sure it'd be kinda hard to make it so you could visit ANYONE's base, since the UG is only so big, but I kinda hate having to download or upload bases instead of just being able to stumble across them or other players, just like the old local wireless, but on a bigger scale.

Gen 4 was my favorite gen by far, but I didn't do much with UG since I live in rural as fuck town and I was the only high school senior still playing Pokemon.

Oh! And those Pokeball seals. I want those to come back. Those were gnarly.

I'd also like stuff like Pokemon following and the Pokeathalon to come back, I legit liked those mini games, made me feel like individual Pokemon were bros when we did stuff besides battle together, like back when you could use your gen 1/2 mons to play minigames in Pokemon Stadium. I'm a sentimental homo when it comes to my Pokemon. Amie is cool, but just not the same.
>>
>>27143201
scrap it
>>
>>27143568
>remove Barry
Friendless
>>
>>27146845
FUCK this was the hardest Pokemon battle for me
>>
>>27143201
>remake

oh god no. i want a sequel. badly.
>>
>>27147322
If there's only going to be one team, make it Team Rocket, and keep its plot separate from legendary shenanigans. Teams whose plan revolves around a legendary and yet aren't different if their plan consists on unleashing a demi-god of life or one of death, one of truth or one of ideals, are stupid as hell.
>>
>>27143201
>inevitable remake?
I'm having doubts about remakes now. I mean, they can just throw it up on the eshop now and focus on a new game for more money seeing as new games sell more than remakes.
>>
>>27143683
Dude, they're not going to make Plat's shit part of the remakes for the same reason they didn't for RSE.
The differences are way too great.
>>
>>27147398
Is there even gen IV nostalgia? Maybe from younger kids but pokemon wasn't as popular during gen IV as during pokemania or even gen III. I don't think many people actually want them.
>>
>>27147439
Hard to say, I mean I know people are going to crop up and say "but it sold more than RSE" and what not but that can be chalked up to the fact that the DS had double the amount of users.

I don't think there's many people who think of it as fondly as the first three gens in all honesty.
>>
>>27147562
I just know I have mental maps of Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in my head and off the top of my head I couldn't name the starter town from any region after those. I don't think I'd get any feels from a DPP remake.
>>
>>27143226
/thread
>>
File: 43705016_big_p0.jpg (520 KB, 2056x1697) Image search: [Google]
43705016_big_p0.jpg
520 KB, 2056x1697
>>27147415
>Make D/P remakes that follow original story
>Add an Alt Episode that adds Distortion World story line that unlocks afterwards

Like even in Platinum Giratina wasn't as big of a deal as Palkia/Dialga since he's anti-matter. The Distortion World was cool as fuck, I'd love to see it in 3D and be expanded upon, but you could really easily just tack it on as an after the fact 'clean up' story arc. Being the less loved third wheel is sorta Gir's shtick anyway.

Me personally? I'd kinda like to see a sequel in the vein of Black2/White2 with Broken Time-Space being a thing. Time jumping forward or backwards in spots, entire cities being displaced to somewhere completely different. You'd have to work your way along to correct the Galactic fallout, team up with Looker and Cynthia instead of shitty Barry and the creepy Professor. Find what happened to the legendaries, put them back in their place, restore the rightful order and put back together a shattered land.

I want something like the crazy, Kyurem powered air ship literally killing people again. B2/W2 is probably the only Pokemon game where I kinda gave a shit about the story, and Galactic has so much more potential to be fucking terrifying, considering what their leader is.
>>
>>27147439
IV was my second gen (first game was Red) and my favorite. I'd love it if there were remakes
>>
>>27143201
i just want a platinum remake
>>
>>27147643
>The Distortion World was cool as fuck
I still think that shit was under utilized especially for a Time/space plot.
>>
>>27147643
I still think that GSC have the most tense story with the whole radio thing. given that you yourself have a radio,it felt dangerous, like team rocket's signal could fuck up your own pokemon at any moment and there'd be nothing you could do about it.

BW2 had a big action plot with lots of ice but I didn't find it as chilling.
>>
>>27143201
Given how ORAS were shit and completely ignored Emerald, I hope DP remakes never exist because Platinum was so much better than them that even considering the existence of DP feels wrong.
>>
File: When you get them just right.png (387 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
When you get them just right.png
387 KB, 550x550
>>27147715
>BW2 had a big action plot with lots of ice but I didn't find it as chilling.
>>
>>27147643
The thing is, D/P were basically only existing to lead into Platinum. The plot of D/P made absolutely zero sense no matter what version you had.
>I'm going to stop time and that's going to make a new world
>I'm going to destroy all of space and that's how I'm going to become a god

At least if both are together and Giratina plays a role, Cyrus has the Reverse World he can take over or something.
>>
>>27147439
I remember it very fondly because it came out at the perfect time, when I was getting out of the hell that was high school and it was okay to be so audacious as to unironically like something again. I played all three version extensively and that led me to eventually getting into competitive. I spent plenty of time on forums shitposting about it. I started posting on the Pokemon generals on /v/ until we were kicked out and given our own containment board. So if nothing else I'll always associate Gen4 with this board and how overwhelming our shitposting was to get us kicked off the worst board on 4chan.

Awesome blogpost, I know.
>>
File: church.png (51 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
church.png
51 KB, 960x540
>>27143219
There's a church in BW too, and a Lucario church in XY.
>>
>>27147938
>and a Lucario church in XY.
That's not a church.
>>
>>27147673
This.
Platinum was the perfect Pokemon game.
Diamond and Pearl were really flawed.
>>
>>27148078
>Platinum was the perfect Pokemon game.
Far from it.
>>
>>27148099
Yeah, HGSS are the closest.
>>
>>27148099
Name the perfect game then so we can laugh at your taste.
>>
>>27148116
Eh, they were getting there but the fact that it didn't have any significant changes and fixes hurt it.
>>
Fuck remakes, just do a touched up re-release of Platinum. (Fixing the slow ass engine, making legendaries have 3 perfect I.V's and having all events built into the game as the big tweeks)
>>
>>27148129
You mean like everyone else does when you mention Plat?
>>
File: Pokemon_platinum.jpg (40 KB, 440x320) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_platinum.jpg
40 KB, 440x320
I know they gotta release both Diamond and Pearl because "It's always gotta be two.", but honestly, I'd prefer a Platinum remake.

Besides BW2, I think it's the best Pokemon expansion ever. It improved so much over the D/P all while giving the world a aesthetic overhaul. Faster gameplay and more content. It was and is one of the Top 5 best games in the series.
>>
>>27148222
>Faster gameplay
You know the only thing it sped up was the surfing right?
Even then it still dropped frames in cities like Hearthome and had a longer "saving a lot of data".
>>
>>27143201
Just for it to exist... Sinnoh is my second favorite region.
>>
Character Customization, fuck ORAS for not doing this.
>>
>>27148413
>thinking remakes will ever have character customization
>>
>>27147229
What the fuck, no. Kill yourself.
>>
>>27148248

Battle speed was generally faster in Platinum.
>>
File: 1466604125916.gif (124 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1466604125916.gif
124 KB, 720x720
>>27148440
I really want it oniipham
>>
>>27148456
Not really, comparing the two they both ran at the same speed.
Plat did change a few animations if I remember right though so maybe that's changing your perception of things.
>>
File: 1464310530024.jpg (653 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464310530024.jpg
653 KB, 1920x1080
>>27143201
I don't think they're gonna remake them.

>they are playable on the current gen
>legendaries are available in Gen VI
>mythics are handed out as events

Really, I would expect a genwun cater with the success of Pokemon Go, and because FRLG are the only games that can't be played on the current system. (VM releases are shit and don't count, ever.)
>>
>>27148476
I also wanted good contests in Gen 4 but hey we can't have everything we want.
>>
>>27148532
Honestly Gen1 was the one most screwed by remakes. FR/LG came out right before the DS and there was such a huge jump in quality, even between FR/LG and Emerald. So much has changed and been improved upon, I wouldn't mind one more trip back to Kanto.

I really believed they would with the 20th anniversary. Maybe they'll remake DPPt after SM and do Kanto remakes for 25th anniversary? Quarter of a century is pretty old for a video game franchise to still be putting out hits.
>>
>>27143201
>underground
>battle house+leaders and partner rematches
>untouched areas
>frontier
>no extra episode shit
>bidoof mega
>moody distributed
>no faggot redesign of Lucas
>dawn is fair game
>no extra starters
>>
>>27148632
>and there was such a huge jump in quality
>implying worse graphics and a drop in framerate is a huge jump
Nah.
>>
>>27148646
To be fair Lucas already had a faggot design.
>>
>>27147643
BW2's story is so fucking generic though, and the flying ship feels wildly out of place in a Pokémon game
>>
>>27148741
>and the flying ship feels wildly out of place in a Pokémon game
How exactly?

This is a world in which anything and everything can and has happened.
>>
>>27143201
I would not mind a return to Sinnoh, but more of a sequel than a remake.

What is wrong with sequels and why has Game Freak only done them twice for their games?
>>
>>27148772
it just looks dumb. Why does it have sails when it's somehow powered by ice?
>>
>>27148803
>Why does it have sails when it's somehow powered by ice?
Because it wasn't always powered by Kyurem maybe?
>>
>>27148778
More work.
>>
>>27148778
Some you just can't really make a follow up to without making it feel retarded and forced.
For example the Sinnoh games, how exactly do you follow that up without rehashing the same plot?
>>
>>27143201
Honestly the engine would fix a lot of it's problems. maybe better mons districution (No more ugly sinnoh + ugly kanto, let it have more variety, not encountering the same mons the whole game with their evolver versions, fuck you floatzel).

Other than that, just have it have a good post game and it's all good.
>>
>>27148646
>No extra episode shit
There's so much they can do with DP. Cyrus is still alive
>>
I want Diamond and Pearl Remakes, I want to see my Galactic Waifu
>>
File: no peeking.jpg (98 KB, 685x660) Image search: [Google]
no peeking.jpg
98 KB, 685x660
>>27146742

>you thought this was well-written or clever
>>
>>27148684
Fuck off faggot. Lucas was great.
>>
>>27148854
And then you get a shit episode with bad plot, truly fucking linear path, and forced interactions.
>>
>>27143235

>To make the music less annoying

What did you just say?

https://youtu.be/XqBaDX33Eew

https://youtu.be/6PbnT0x0e5I
>>
>remove Defog and Rock Climb
>remove the ability to get stuck in the mud and snow
>make the Safari Zone less horrible
>make Barry less annoying
>make Team Galactic more threatening, the contrast between how incompetent they are and how intimidating their leader is is off-putting
>make contests more like Gen 3, the action segment was awful
>use Platinum's regional dex for fuck's sake
>make the game speed faster
>less focus on double battles, especially the dedicated doubles routes

Some things are beyond fixing, such as the shitty quality of two of the starter lines and the retarded amount of legendaries. It'll take a lot of work to make the worst mainline games in the series into something worth buying again.
>>
>>27149166
I don't even need to click the link to know what you've posted here and I know it's trash.
>>
>>27148000
It was based on Mont St.Michel, which is a great cathedral and monastery on top of an island. So its a lucario cathedral, not just a church
>>
>>27149395
>It was based on Mont St.Michel
Really? I never realised that, and I've been there.
>>
>>27149395
Source?
>>
I want them to expand on the alternate worlds stuff. Maybe have Cyrus from Platinum show up in the post game, having plotted out the distortion world and realizing it ties together the multiverse?
>>
>>27149644
Council of Cyruses, several Cyruses from several different worlds have all ended up in the distortion world in the course of their plans.
>>
>>27149791
No.
Council of Reeds/Ricks/whatever else is a done concept plus I doubt he would work with himself.
>>
>>27149932
>I doubt he would work with himself.
>A Cyrus from another world helps you defeat Alpha Cyrus, then betrays you to finish his plan
>>
>>27143459
But you don't need Fire-types for any reason. And Fire-types are shit in game, anyway.
>>
>>27150367
>don't need fire types in a region with a grass and ice gyms

>And Fire-types are shit in game
Anything is good in game you little shit also if you hadn't noticed fire types are a good offensive type.
>>
>>27150432
There's literally no reason to use anythint else than Dragon, Fairy, Water and perhaps Normal and Ghost at this point.
>>
File: 1468217802695.jpg (54 KB, 583x414) Image search: [Google]
1468217802695.jpg
54 KB, 583x414
>>27149223
>>remove the ability to get stuck in the mud and snow
>>
>>27143477
I was so fucking happy they did this theme

They had no reason to and they did it anyways
>>
>>27143201
Dragon/Psychic Palkia/Mega Palkia

Make Ice-types resist Water and grass
>>
File: Platinum_Argenta.png (417 KB, 513x1244) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Argenta.png
417 KB, 513x1244
Battle Hall

I want one in Sun and Moon but if it has to wait until DP remakes then fine.

We have 18 types now, it will be the only facility to actually feel new
>>
Primal Palkia@Lustrous Orb
Compound Eyes
90/100/140/180/140/130
Spacial Rend
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Fire Blast

>Guaranteed 2HKO on most neutral Arceus with Hydro Pump
>Hits SE on almost everything else
>Almost never misses
>>
>>27143201
Mega/Primal/Whatever Arceus

120/140/140/140/140/140

Ability: Omnitype - When using a move, changes type to become that of that move. When targeted by an opponent's move, changes type to one that resists that move or is immune to it, if there is one
>>
Post game in which you go to Johto. This sounds stupid but it would be cool. Since it takes place at the same time as Johto anyway.
>>
>>27143201
>inevitable remake

nice meme
>>
>>27149420
>>27149510
Look up its real world counterpart
>>
>>27143219
What was the point of this place again?
>>
>>27143201
It dosen't happen. Fuck remakes ORAS ruined any and all chances of any good ones.
>>
>>27147904
Are you me?
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.