[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Ash own one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1166x952) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1166x952
Will Ash own one of these?
>>
>>27140612
Reckon the bear will be caught by James.
>>
Ash will have Tapu Koko and Bruxish.

Jessie will have Vikavolt.
James will have a Bruxish too.
Mewoth will have a Togedemaru.
>>
Pikaboo and Togedemaru are right out because of Pikachu (though one of Ash's traveling companions will almost certainly have a Togedemaru).

Cutiefly seems unlikely but I can't pinpoint why I feel that way.

I could see Ash having a vikavolt, and maybe a Bruxish. Salandit isn't outside the realm of possibility either.
>>
>>27140612
Just Vikavolt.
New girl gets Todagemaru. Jessie gets Bruxish and Salandit. James gets Kiteruguma.
>>
>>27140637
Pokemon can't catch pokemon retard.
>>
>>27140925
why not?
>>
>Ash having an electric type other than Pikashit
Out of the ones there I say Salandit and Bruxish have the best chance. Kiteruguma if the writers pulls a Kanto/Unova.
>>
>>27140637
ash never has a fish pokemon that can't walk on land
>>
Theres going to be an episode where they get lost in a forest and Kiteruguma chases them the whole time without being seen til the last minutes.
>>
>>27140618
This, plus Jessie will probably catch a Mimikkyu thinking it was Pikachu
>>
>>27140612
I want ash to get a Pikaboo just to see how it would interact with Pikachu.
>>
>>27141379
This
Have an arc with them
>>
Ash will have Salandit imho.
>>
I can see TR catching Mimikyu which would have a pure hatered for Pikachu, it would be a good rivalry.

As for Ash, I can see him getting Rowlet and Salandit with the new companions having Popplio and Litten.

Whoever the girl is, she will most likely get Cutifly and Togedemaru.
>>
>>27141418
>Ash gets a female Salandit
>It tries to seduce him all the time
>One of his companions has to slap him out of it each time as a running gag
>>
>>27141473
>gen7 anime never makes it to NA
>>
>>27141325
I'd say Salandit for Jessie and Mimikkyu for James.
>>
>>27140612
I hope he gets a Vikavolt
>>
>>27141473
>>
The return of the Chickorita gag? Hype.

Honestly the only pokrmon I'm sure Ash is getting is Rockruff. I haven't really noticed a pattern to which starter he gets.
>>
>>27141518
Ash usually gets the popular or cool starter.
>>
>>27140925
>he doesn't know about lucario
>>
>>27141558
I guess that's true. The only situation where I can recall Ash getting something that wasnt the most popular was when he had 2 or all 3.
>>
>>27140644
>Team rocket gets a Pikaboo
>It has a grudge against Pikachu simply for the fact that it's jealous of Pikachu and it's popularity in the Pokemon world
>>
>>27141752
>There will be an episode where Jesse and James successfully capture a Pikaboo only to get spooked later.
>>
>>27141752
>there will be a semi-serious episode were pikachu tries to befriend pikaboo and end up getting the mysterious illness
>>
>>27140612
Ash always gets the regional bird
>>
>>27140637
>Jessie will have Vikavolt.
Nah, that seems more like a "hero" Pokemon.

Team Rocket's meant to get ugly and scary Pokemon. No exceptions.

>tfw Mimicyu competes with Wobbuffet for screentime
>>
>>27141418
>Ash
>Not James
>>
>>27141929
That really only applies to Jessie.

Apart from 'grass types that attack me gag' James has a tendency to catch cutemons (Chimecho & Mime Jr) or the cute first stages of Pokemon that evolve in ugly/scary Pokemon (Cacnea, Yamask, Inkay).
>>
Ash is getting a poplio. He has 2 fully evolved grass type starters. 2 fully evolved fire type starters. It's time for the other fully evolved water type starter.
>>
I think its safe to say he'll have Litten out of the three starters, it's the most agile. Female companion will probably have the seal and male companion the owl.
He'll get the regional bird
Otherwise I don't really expect him to get anything so far.
>>
>>27142166
Yeah no way faggot
>>
>>27140651
> James gets Kiteruguma.
That would be hilarious if not scary
>>
>>27140925
>Mewtwo
>>
jessie gets salandit and james bruxish which will constantly bite him when sent out of the pokeball
>>
>>27141473
More like Salandit tries to manipulative and control Ash but he is so oblivious to romance and love that it ends up failing everytime.
>>
>>27140612
Ash will get Salandit
Jessie will get Bruxish
James will get the bear
>>
>>27140612
he will have a Charjabug to pump up the chu
>>
Why do any of you think the MCs will get a fish?
Remember Goldeen?
Useless in nearly every situation.
Pokemon are chosen on a couple of things
1. Marketability - obviously not as much with TR
2. Animation - bulkier pokemon are harder to animate for long periods of time, they prefer to stick to smaller ones - which sell better in the cute department
3. Practicality - a pokemon like onix is rarely used because it would either destroy the competition or be unrealistic to use in a small area - or in the case of a fish, where is the water?
>>
>>27142209
What makes you say that
>>
Probably vikavolt, the bear or drampa.
>>
>>27140612
Ash wil probably catch the electric bug thing. Now that I think about it, has ash ever had an electric type other then pikachu?
>>
>>27142551
No. Until Pachirisu he was the only main character with an electric type.
>>
>>27142333
Trips confirm
>>
>>27140612
He'll probably get Vikavolt, but I doubt he'll get any of those others. I'm guessing he'll get Popplio as well, probably the woodpecker too and maybe Rowlet but I assume the new Brock will get that.
>>
Ash: fully evolved bird, fully evolved poppilio, rowlet, fully evolved rock pup
companion: litten, togedemaru, cutiefly
TR: james is getting the bear, pikaboo could be either
>>
>>27142786
>>27142800
Why would Ash get the slow and clumsy starters and not the "cool" and agile starter?
>>
>>27142811
I'm assuming pop is going to get an equally marketable/strong face pokemon and rowlet just looks like the new piplup/osha
>>
>>27140612
He'll probably own the ghost pokemon, makes for competition between him an Pikachu.

He'll get the bird or the bug, maybe both. The bear is possible too. Drampa is possible, but not likely.

The new pikaclone will probably go to a side character
>>
>>27142811
How is an acrobatic sealion "slow and clumsy"?
Plus, it's dex entry says it tries it's hardest which makes it the most natural fit for Ash/Satoshi. Rowlet is a secret agent, by the sounds of things and Litten is a bomb. Litten is probably his clumsy rival's late-bloomer and Rowlet will belong to some cool guy who wears shirts and tries to be suave to get ladies - new Brock... It writes itself.
>>
>>27142840
I feel that you have it backwards to be honest.
>>
>>27142840
>get
*be
My bad.
>>
I can see him owning a Salamandit and Rockruff. Maybe Vikavolt if they decide to give him another Electric type.
>>
>>27142840

Popplio is obviously the Piplup/Oshawott of this gen. It's a silly clown sea lion, of course it's going to be the comic relief.
>>
>>27142853
>>27142872
Maybe, it's still just largely guessing since we don't know what any of them look like yet.

The idea of comic relief rowlet tickles me a bit though.
>>
I see Ash having a salandit. He's partial to reptile pokemon.

James will have kumacoon, Jessie will have vikavolt, and a Mimiccyu will follow Ash and the group around
>>
>>27143091
>a Mimiccyu will follow Ash and the group around
I like this
>>
>>27143141
But when he does join the group
>>
Ash is obviously gonna catch a Pikipek he's never not had the first route bird. I can see him getting Rockruff easily and maybe Drampa can do something similar to Torkaol. Starters are pretty much random there isn't any real pattern. But for others like Komala and Vikavolt, I see them being more likely to belong to the companions. Female companion probably gonna get Togedemaru and Cutiefly. As for team rocket Salandit, Bruxish, Mimikyuu and Yungoose seem like prime candidates. Kiteguruma can go either way though with a hugging gag with James or any of the the MCs. Not sure if Tapu Koko is a legendary or not yet so I doubt anyone would catch it.
>>
>>27143216
I doubt TR would get mimikyuu to be honest. Seems too similar to pikachu.
>>
>>27143091
>a Mimiccyu will follow Ash and the group around
Like Jigglypuff and Snubbull did? I'm on board.
>>
>>27140612
I guess Team Rocket will get Pikaboo.
>>
>>27142526
Drampa won't translate well, it's shape is much more complex in comparison to the others. I.e it's more difficult to draw which means it'll take longer to animate and more room for error

Drampa great though
>>
>>27140612

Rockruff is a likely candidate.

as for starters, I think Ash might get Litten.

Pikapeck is a given, he always gets the region bird.
>>
>>27141563
but that lucario was proud of its power
>>
>>27140612
Ash gets Salandit, and maybe Drampa.

James gets the bear, and Jessie gets the Cloth. I hope they have more Pokemon, though, like Gen 3/4.

Girl gets Togedemaru and maybe Cutiefly.
>>
>>27140612
dunno, but I can see Jessie getting Cutiefly and/or Salandit while James gets Kiteguruma and/or Mimikkyu
>>
File: 10082789a4.jpg (316 KB, 990x832) Image search: [Google]
10082789a4.jpg
316 KB, 990x832
>>27140612
James will have drampa only because I see them pulling "OH my rich family and I had a summer home here in alola and this drampa would always play with me since growlie wasn't there"
>>
File: 1468356817852.png (476 KB, 1280x1124) Image search: [Google]
1468356817852.png
476 KB, 1280x1124
>>27141752
>>27141767

>Jesse and James have, as usual, given up their regional Pokemon to Giovanni (RIP Inkay and Gourgeist ;_;).
>New plan to steal Pikachu.
>Team Rocket finds a Pikaboo and, thinking it's actually Pikachu (because of the running gag that nobody can ever seem to see through the flimsiest fucking disguises), captures it.
>They eventually realize the ruse, but Pikaboo wants to stay with them anyway because it's desperate to feel wanted like a real pikachu; cue James getting his new regional Pokemon because he empathizes with it.
>>
>>27141325
Watch them catch a Mimikkyu and try to send it to Giovanni thinking its Ash's Pikachu. They're stupid enough to do that.
>>
There will be an episode where Ash gets lost and sick by himself in the woods, but a Mimikyu comes up and tries to take care of him and in a feverish delusion thinks it's actually Pikachu, Mimikyu finally feels loved, but after Ash gets better and reunites with the gang Mimikyu leaves
>>
>>27140612
There will be an episode where Ash mistakes Pikaboo for Pikachu.
Hijinks happens
>>
>>27147218
>joke where Team Rocket grabs Pikachu when nobody's looking and make Mimikew take its place while they get away
>gag where Team Rocket accidentally steals their own Pokemon, mistaking it for Pikachu
>episode where a Pokemon of the day befriends Pikachu, and Team Rocket use Mimicew to lure it to their side
The thing lends itself to all sorts of Team Rocket plots.
>>
I think that Selena, Citron and Eureka will follow Ash in Alola.
I predict that Selena have three pokemon in Kalos and will get the other half in Alola, same to Citron.
Togedemaru will be with Selena or Eureka. Ash will get Pikipek and Rowlet. Selena will get Popplio and Citron will have Litten. I think James will have a pokemon that we didnt see yet or the red panda. Jessie will get a random flying evil looking pokemon or with a dark type (Dark, psychic, Ghost, poison), when I say flying I meant that can fly like her woobat or her Gourgeist. I think that there will be a Mimikkyu following Ash and the others (Like sandile) and Ash will catch it in the middle of the season
>>
>>27148317
Here's one I'd like to see:
>Pikachu and Pikaboo get switched before Team Rocket blasts off
>Pikachu blasts off with them
>they can't tell the two apart and assume he's their Pikaboo
>Pikachu has to keep up the act until Ash finds them
>cute episode about Pikachu hanging out with Team Rocket as they train to capture Pikachu
>>
>>27140612
togedemaru is a given on any female companion
>>
>>27148421
>Selena
you mean Serena. That's what it was localized as and there is no difference between R and L in Japanese, so Serena is more correct.
>>
File: kissy.png (142 KB, 577x383) Image search: [Google]
kissy.png
142 KB, 577x383
I will be shocked if Jessie doesn't get a Bruxish, the thing is basically her in Pokemon form. And unlike most Water-types, it's easy to get around the "fish on land" problem because it's Psychic and they can just bullshit it using telekinesis to levitate around.
>>
>>27148495
Is it psychic? I did not know that.
>>
Ash:
>Most popular starter
>Rockruff
>Maybe Pikipek

Ash's Female Companion:
>Starter
>Togedemaru
>Cutiefly

Jessie:
>Bruxish
>Maybe Salandit

James:
>Kiteruguma
>Maybe Salandit instead of Jessie
>>
>>27148575

Yep, Water/Psychic.
>>
>>27141518
Well one big pattern with Ash is that he always has a starter that has a tragic background whether it be being abandoned or just not being accepted. 3 out of 6 times he's had the Fire starter with it being abandoned by its trainer, and I'm not so sure about his Cyndaquil but I believe it was being hunted because it was rare.

Another thing I've noticed is that the Gen 5 and 6 sagas have had a lot of throwbacks to the first three sagas. Gen 1 and 2 he traveled with two gym leaders and got all three starters, only one of them evolving. With the Gen 5 anime he traveled with two gym leaders (sort of, Iris wasn't a gym leader in the anime) and he had all three starters with only one evolving.

Then with the Gen 3 anime he traveled with a gym leader, the female protagonist, and a child not old enough to catch Pokemon, Ash and his companions having one starter, him getting his starter fully evolved.

Now with the Gen 6 anime it's the same situation, female companion, gym leader, and a child with each getting a starter and Ash getting his fully evolved.

So it could be possible that the Gen 7 anime will mimic the Gen 4 anime, him having two companions, one a gym leader and the other the female protagonist, Ash getting two starters and fully evolving them and the female protagonist getting one which doesn't evolve at all but is used as comic relief.

So since Popplio is seen as a clown it could be the Piplup of this Gen with Ash getting Litten and Rowlet. One of them being abandoned by its trainer.
>>
>>27148767
>Mimics gen 4 and travels with a gym leader
>Chinese rumor of no gyms is true
Ash travels with Brock again when?
>>
>>27148767
>I'm not so sure about his Cyndaquil but I believe it was being hunted because it was rare.
Not really. Ash was just competing with some asshole for it. Cyndaquil didn't really seem to give a fuck.
>>
>>27149180
Well if that pattern turns out to be true (and it seems possible since it's been consistent the last two Gens) then we know that the Chinese leak is bullshit because the pattern would prove there are gyms in Alola, unless of course Clemont travels along with him but I doubt that since Bonnie would want to go with them therefore breaking the pattern.
>>
>>27148767
> Ash and his companions having one starter, him getting his starter fully evolved.
Brock was capable of evolving mudkip and May also had a Blaziken so the throwback isn't that faithful.
>>
>>27148495

Jesse didn't get a a female Pyroar even though it resembles her.
>>
>>27147128

I love the shitty retcons like that, how he got Carnivine.
>>
>>27140618
that actually fits pretty well with the fact that almost every single one of james pokemon constantly hurts him with there affection what with the crushing hugs and all.
>>
>>27149365
True, however there is still 4 months until the X and Y anime ends, leaving plenty of time for Clemont and Serena to evolve their Braixen and Chespin. And considering May's Combusken and Brock's Mudkip didn't evolve until Battle Frontier then it could be possible that there will be another short season before the Gen 7 anime starts since I also doubt the Team Flare arc will last the entire 4 months.
>>
>TR gets a Pikaboo
>It's always jealous of how they want Pikachu
>Becomes a running gag where everytime they successfully nab Pikachu, Pikaboo had swapped places at the last moment in order to get the same attention
>>
>>27149614

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a mini 13 episode arc.

they start the S/M anime in January since they never start a new series like in the middle of a season.
>>
>>27140612
No, these are clearly antagonist pokes
>>
no more ash please
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>27149788
>no more ash please
>>
>>27149630
I could see this happening,

That mon has James written all over it.
>>
Vikavolt is the only currently released one I can see Ash getting (besides the obvious starter(s) & Pikipek) it'd be cool to see him have another electric type besides Pikachu. As for the starter I think Ash will get Rowlet or Litten or both, with his female companion getting a Popplio & Cutiefly.

>Jessie will get Salandit & another Pokemon we haven't seen yet.
>James will get Kiteruguma as his battler and Mimikyuu will be his new "Chimecho/Mime Jr" mascot, it will have a rivalry with Pikachu out of jealousy.
>>
Drampa and the bear are the only two I could viably see Ash getting.

Jesse will probably get a Salandit
James will probably treat a Pikaboo nicely and get it
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 750x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 750x888
>>27142209
Fuck you
>>
>>27140612
I am betting on Drampa being a member of the group acting horny around kids all over ala Brock
>>
>>27140612
Ash will get Pikkipek
>>
>>27140612
Ash won't get any of these. I think he'll get Rowlet, Litten, Pikkipek and Rockruff from those revealed.

Female companion will get Togedemaru and Popplio. Maybe Cutiefly. Male companion might get Grubbin.

Could see TR with Salandit. That's about it. The others are either too gimmicky to be on the main cast or simply can't live/battle on land (Bruxish)
>>
>>27147218
Well the could relese them
>>
>>27150314
Maybe Bruxish could use telekinesis to levitate it is a psychic type after all.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.