[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby. Which game would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1453437493685.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453437493685.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby.

Which game would you recommend for someone getting back into the franchise?

I plan on emulating btw
>>
Pokemon GO
>>
Pokemon GO
>>
Pokemon GO
>>
Just start at the beginning and work your way forward.

The older pokemon games don't really take that long to finish now that you arent a dumbass kid who doesn't fully get how the game works.

I beat pokemon Y in like 2 days without trying that hard, they are games designed for kids, the real challenge in the games are the PvP and min/maxxing stats. If you don't get into that the plot is not exactly a hard thing to get through.

If you want to add challenge there are varients lots of people play where you impose restrictions on yourself, IE 'if a pokemon faints, you release it' 'no using items during battle' etc etc.
>>
>>27140498
I'm just looking for something fun.

I've played gen 1 probably 6 times though, so I'd like something fresh.

Gen 2/3 are still foreign to me although I played them 16 years ago or so
>>
Ignore the GO spam, I recommend BW2 or HGSS personally.
>>
>>27140513
Gen 2 Pokemon were designed at the same time as Gen 1. They are the same style. The games are very similar. So grouping 2 and 3 together makes little sense when it's 1 and 2 that are basically the same gen separated by time.

But start with X/Y or HG/SS. X/Y has most Pokemon in it, and has a lot of oldies for nostalgia fags.
>>
>>27140547
This, but start with BW1. BW2 is so much better if you go into it after BW1
>>
>>27140455
>emulating
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27140776
Like I'd waste money on a fucking handheld console.
>>
>>27140455
Follow this order: HGSS>BW(+2?)>ORAS

Those I think are the best one to get progressively someone into the franchise. In all honestly I'd recommend to go straight for ORAS, it's the more updated mechanics-wise, you can play online, and be ready for SM.
>>
>>27140787
>waste money

Not him, but I only played pokemon main games on my 3DS and I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.
>>
>>27140787
So you confirm you have shit taste, are a poorfag (don't deny it - you can't) and can't even be a decent fucking human being by buying games legitimately instead of pirating them.

Good.

>>>/out/
>>
File: 1448661014988.png (438 KB, 467x462) Image search: [Google]
1448661014988.png
438 KB, 467x462
>>27140878
That's fine, I'm not going to complain. The only reason I'd get a 3DS is if I played Pokemon frequently and competitively (I don't do either). So it's not really worth my time.

>>27140880
>So you confirm you have shit taste
So you confirm that you're a little butthurt.

>are a poorfag
lol I go to USC. I'm just cheap since everything's expensive for school.

>and can't even be a decent fucking human being by buying games legitimately instead of pirating them.
It's none of your fucking business, faggot. I've torrented literally thousands of dollars worth of games because I'm cheap and will continue to do so. No amount of crying on your part will change that.
>>
>>27140455
do B/W
its my fav
>>
>>27140948
>The only reason I'd get a 3DS is if I played Pokemon frequently and competitively (I don't do either). So it's not really worth my time.

Well, at the moment you don't play pokemon period. I'd say it's still woth buying the consolle, an used one shouldn't cost a lot (for istance, I bought mine second hand years ago).
>>
>>27140958
>at the moment you don't play pokemon period.
I play Pokemon showdown from time to time. Same difference for me.
>>
File: 1404843226630.gif (1 MB, 474x365) Image search: [Google]
1404843226630.gif
1 MB, 474x365
>>27140948
>So you confirm that you're a little butthurt.
How so? Because you're a filthy pirate and a retard? No, that doesn't make me butthurt in any way.

>lol I go to USC. I'm just cheap since everything's expensive for school.
Good for you. I'm sure you're doing swimmingly. I mean, you know, everyone who goes to USC is clearly doing very well and definitely not going to fail. Oh wait a minute...

>It's none of your fucking business, faggot. I've torrented literally thousands of dollars worth of games because I'm cheap and will continue to do so. No amount of crying on your part will change that.
Who said I'm crying? All I'm saying is that you're part of the problem, and you're the sort of cancer we don't need around here. In fact, everything you're saying in this thread just confirms that you're absolute cancer.

In fact, let me make an educated guess.

You're one of the faggots who picked up Pokemon Go after not playing Pokemon for years because it wasn't "cool" any more. You're barely 18 (or maybe you're barely 19 - wow, congratulations, big boy, you're all grown up!) and so Ruby was your childhood. Now that you've been playing Go, you think "hey, I should try playing one of those games I haven't played since I was in diapers!" and came to this board thinking you'd get respect for being an entitled, borderline underage brat.

Top kek.

You truly are a masterful faggot.
>>
>>27141001
>implying you think that anon is wrong even though they are not
Found the underageb&.
>>
File: 1463190064553.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1463190064553.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>27140995
>Because you're a filthy pirate and a retard?
Because you're getting upset over something so trivial, and calling me names because I didn't shell out money for something you did. Guessing you worked hard to spend that 100 bucks so you're upset I took the easy route.

>No, that doesn't make me butthurt in any way.
Your long-winded post says otherwise.

>everyone who goes to USC is clearly doing very well and definitely not going to fail.
That's not the point. The point is I'm not poor, just cheap.

>cancer
>cancer
If you say so.

>You're one of the faggots who picked up Pokemon Go after not playing Pokemon for years because it wasn't "cool" any more.
Last game I bought was Soul Silver. Lost interest after the 3DS came out because even then I wasn't playing much on my DS, but I've been playing on emulators on and off for years since I still wanted to check out gen 5.

>You're barely 18
I'm 22 and graduating this year.

>Now that you've been playing Go
I'm not, thanks for another baseless projection.

>Top kek. You truly are a masterful faggot.
You feel better for posting that, buddy?
>>
>>27141077
>I'm a filthy pirate so I'm justified in everything I say
>I'm a filthy pirate because it's easier even though it's really not, but I'm out of my depth so I'll just pretend I know what I'm talking about
Okay.

>I'm not poor but I'm cheap and definitely graduating even though I misinterpreted half of what I just read
I'm sure your "graduation" will be spectacular. I bet you even have a "girlfriend"!

>projection
>educated guess
>doesn't know the difference

>posts Donald Trump gif

Etc., etc.

Anon, you need a life. Don't kid yourself. You don't have one. You're still an over-privileged, egotistical and selfish brat. That's all that can really be said.
>>
File: 1448831450176.png (806 KB, 1111x600) Image search: [Google]
1448831450176.png
806 KB, 1111x600
>>27141227
>I'm justified in everything I say
Never implied that
>because it's easier even though it's really not
For you, maybe. I also have a jailbroken PS3, and it takes just a few hours to get whatever game I want and pop it in on my hard drive. Does that trigger you as well?

>I'm out of my depth so I'll just pretend I know what I'm talking about
lmao I'm pretty sure I'd know the pros/cons of buying games and pirating them.

>I'm sure your "graduation" will be spectacular. I bet you even have a "girlfriend"!
More baseless projection.

>A paragraph of you trying to describe my life solely based on what you think people who use emulators are like
>""""""Educated""""""
Sure dude.

>posts Donald Trump gif
Still upset over the Bernie endorsement, huh?

>You're still an over-privileged, egotistical and selfish brat.
really makes u think
>>
Platinum
Ignore anyone who says Black and White
>>
Soulsilver or Heartgold then DP
>>
>>27140455
>I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby.
Then play Platinum. It's probably the best in the series and if you have a DS flashcart or a hacked 3DS I suppose you can be a fag and emulate it. BW/B2W2 are also good, but they work as a set so they're only really great if you play both. HGSS is ging to be said a lot, but that's just a remake of a game I'm going to assume you've already played and Gen 6 is cool and often bitched about, but Platinum is definitely the one to play next in your case.
>>
Emerald since Ruby was your last one.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.