[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok lets have an honest discussion, how worried are we that the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Ok lets have an honest discussion, how worried are we that the success of Pokemon Go will result in Nintendo not bothering with console based Pokemon games anymore? they are gonna make a shit ton of money off this and start focusing more on phone based games. i don't even blame Nintendo for doing this either, its popularity is overwhelming right now Normies eat this shit up.
>>
>>27136512
>>
I don't think they'll stop making main series games on Nintendo hardware but I do genuinely worry that they'll be filled with mobile garbage like micro transactions and the like
>>
Why would Nintendo stop one cash cow because another cash cow made by a different developer got huge. Fuck if anything it might prompt them to put more money into production.
>>
>>27136738
yeah once Nintendo get a taste of those micro transaction shekels things will only get worse
>>
huh, I've heard somewhere that they're making like 10% off go, because it's not their game, Niantic made it, using the IP obviously in joint, but still.

nickels and dimes compared to their main games on 3ds. Also when's the last time we had a console pokemon game?? lol, keep dreaming.
>>
>>27136840
>3ds
>not a console
huh?
>>
>>27136840
>not making any money

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147600/nintendos-stock-pokemon-go
>>
Bestbuy employee roommate says they're fucking sold out of external batteries
>>
>>27137212
kek. Same at AT&T
>>
Excuse me while I spitball a few numbers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/994-million-copies-of-pokemon-oras-have-been-sold
9.94 million copies of ORAS sold as of May last year, $40 each on the Nintendo store right now; so ~$397.6 million.

NZ - 4.471 million
AUS - 23.13 million
US - 318.9 million
total - 346.491
GO - 138 million
39.8% of the elligible population is playing
>That's two out of every five people

Big N gets 10%, so in order to compare to the ORAS release they would need, on average, each user to spend about $29

You as a user might never spend any money on it and intend to play purely on effort, but that faggot over there just dropped $100 so he could powerlevel. He'll be back tomorrow to take your gym.

And I wonder how many of those 138 million will be getting Sun/Moon for Christmas...
>>
>>27137593
>forgets to mention ad revenue and pokemon go plus which is literally sold out everywhere

Entire post disregarded
>>
>>27137640
they're leaving money on the table with the Go Plus, so I'm not fucking counting it. Not sure what ad revenue you mean, if you've got ads in PGO something's wrong.
>>
They said GO isn't a 1:1 port on mobiles in order to not cannibalize either platform so no, it won't happen

You would know if you actually followed all information regarding Pokemon, but it seems even dumb frogposters aren't as "hardcore" as they believe
>>
>>27136578
I don't think so.
Konami and Capcom already went that way and aren't doing so well.

But there is a thing though.
Nowadays consoles, handhelds, PC and smartphones are so powerful that companies have to spend a lot in order to harness all those devices' potential. They themselves rised the standards so much that we expect that an AAA must have years of work and a budget of millions of dollars in just development.

Smartphones are quite capable too. Higher end Smartphones can rival even current desktop consoles. The difference is that standards are low in Smartphones.

I would be OK with Nintendo developing for Smartphones because that standard would rise, paving the way for better games in Smartphones.

I don't think Nintendo is going to do that in the few next years, but seeing as consoles are converging more and more into PCs... (just look Project Scorpio)
>>
I'm 110% down for more mobile games but there's literally no chance they'll shift focus off console games for this
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-13-01-59-01.png (415 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-13-01-59-01.png
415 KB, 720x1280
Well until they make a "Holocaust" gym in Johto I'm gonna keep playing this.
>>
>>27136578
they will possibly see this in the same way they see amiibos, but obviously not do the same thing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.