[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Following Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 256x192
Why are there so many anti-followingfags? I could understand being indifferent towards it, but there's no good reason to hate it.
Also, to faggots that say Amie is better, you do know the entire point is Pokémon that FOLLOW you, right?
They're features that can't be directly compared.
There's absolutely no reason they can't go together, either.
If you only like one but not the other, you're a complete faggot that's only biased towards your favourite gen.
>>
I thought most peoples problem with following pokemon at this point is that it just doesn't make sense in a 3D environment? I absolutely loved it in HGSS but it wouldn't work as well now. I don't understand why they couldn't have done it in BW though.
>>
They're just contrarians.
>>
Im indifferent
>>
I like to let my Pokemon know who's boss by keeping their asses in the ball until its time for them to fight.
>>
File: nwfr0.jpg (63 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
nwfr0.jpg
63 KB, 800x450
I like both, but I feel like Amie is a little more in-depth because it shows a little more interaction than just looking back at whatever is following you. Of course, I'm not saying Amie couldn't be better; hopefully, they add a little more in SM to make it more engaging, and by the looks of the hairbrush and hair dryer from the new trailer, this seems to be the case.

So at this point, OP, I just think that having Pokemon follow you is kind of boring. Kind of neat, but even if it came back with Amie in the same game, I'd find it hard to give a shit.
>>
>>27133605
it's gay
>>
>>27133886
I'd love both, I really like the idea of sharing quality time with my Poképals
>>
I dont remember much but the people who hated Walking pokemon had this one stupid reason .
>>
It would look like shit in 3D on most pokemon. You could get away with it when they were sprites but scaling would be such a huge issue. Models would either clip through walls and corriders or look stupidly small for there size
>>
Id love it to return but be optional

>>27134041
Then make them actual size

>>27133886
>OP correctly points out that they're features that are different and can't be compared and you could just have both things
>b-but Amie is better
>>
>>27133886
>next game has chibi models follow the player
>turn around and talk to them to engage in Pokemon Amie

solves both problems
>>
>>27134314
>rebuild overworld to accomadate a gimmick
Cool as following pokemon were, that would be completley unrealistic and frankly stupid
>>
>>27133670
>it doesn't make sense in a 3D environment
How? Why wouldn't it work?
>>
I just don't care for it at all, and personally I would rather keep my Pokemon safe in their Poke Balls if I wanna look at it from a immersion point of view

It can return, but please make it optional
>>
>>27134373
>the environment of amie changes depending on where you engage your pokemon

I guess the only issue would be quickly switching pokemon for amie. Although I guess typically you spend a long time in amie anyway, so switching probably wouldn't happen a lot anyway.
>>
>>27135532
>from an immersion point of view
wouldn't walking around with your pokemon be more immersive?

Anyway I love the feature even if there's not a lot of interactivity with it. I just like seeing whatever mon I'd like following me, even if its size is shortened for the big mons. But yeah, I agree it should be optional if it does return.
>>
>>27133605
1. We already have trainer + pokemon in battle so scaling isnt the issue
2. Amie is a great dirrection
3. Battlescenes could be used for Amie interactions
4. I wish Battle animation as well Amie animation were conected - so Pokemon for example could use happy animation in some attacks or when winning.
>>
File: yay.jpg (51 KB, 380x291) Image search: [Google]
yay.jpg
51 KB, 380x291
A little hint - In 6 gen games you can pet your pokemon in battle - If you get 3 amie hearts, hold your stylus on the touch screen to pet your pokemon after it will defeat opponent.

I love this feature.

I want to get rid of " <Pokémon> is in a bit of a pinch. It looks like it might cry... " massage on fully evolved Pokemon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.