[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay lemme explain myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 15
File: kiterguguma.png (906 KB, 587x641) Image search: [Google]
kiterguguma.png
906 KB, 587x641
I honestly like the idea behind Kiteruguma.
It's innocent looking and nice and just wants to hug people, but it's dangerous as shit because it's stupid strong.
That's fucking genius.
You can already imagine the kinda shit they'll pump out in the anime, with Ash thinking it's harmless.
I've honestly been waiting for a pokemon like this. Instantly on my team.
>>
File: its obvious.png (497 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
its obvious.png
497 KB, 640x480
>>27126137
Yeah, it's a legitimate good design and the concept is fairly obvious. It's also employing the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu-esque colour scheme and aesthetic that they've been going with so far this gen... Bruxish is legitimately bad but this guy is pretty great.

Unfortunately almost everyone on this board is an idiot who doesn't understand design.
And, also, there are tonnes of threads about this already and you didn't need to make another one.
>>
>>27126251
>tonnes of threads about this already
Where anon
>>
>>27126284
(you)
>>
>>27126137
So who's think it has a pre-evolution or evolution.

It's likely to have stupid high attack so it won't evolve into anything.
>>
The idea is fine, but nowadays people only care about the looks to judge a pokémon.

Just keep liking what you like and move on.
>>
>>27126137
Its a fine concept ruined by being attached to the worst pokemon design in history. It's not that it's cute, or pink, or anything like that. It's that it is literally just a fucking outline with a stuffed bear face pasted on, nothing about it is coherent, there is no theme to it other than "lets not put any fucking texture or details or anything on this pokemon". I'm surprised they even bothered with the white crown ear butterfly wings thing, since they couldn't be bothered to give it anything resembling a torso.
>>
>>27126251
You'd have to be blind to think this 2-second doodle deserves to be a Pokemon. "Good design" my ass. This is why I only post on 4chan. If this was gay-ass normie-filled Reddit, I would be downvoted to all hell by butthurt bleeding hearts by now. Other people can have opinions, faggot
>>
File: tumblr_m5ddp0s0CG1qjam1q.jpg (48 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5ddp0s0CG1qjam1q.jpg
48 KB, 500x389
>>27126487
>>
I love the concept, it's true that the design is kinda simplystic,but i guess that's part of making it a cute, teddy bear like design.
>>
>>27126381
It probably evolves from a small, cute, pure Normal bear cub with absurdly low Attack. It wants to hug everyone but its limbs are just tiny little nubs so it can't. That's why it's so eager to hug everyone once its arms fully grow.
>>
>>27126487
I'm not blind, and I think it is a fine pokemon.
>>
>>27126513
Yeah keep laughing. I know you are mad you can't downvote me for stating the truth. Stay salty, ledditfag
>>
>>27126456
Maybe you're just an idiot, lad. It's design is based on mascots - specifically Japanese ones which are almost always bears... And it clearly displays a similar texture to those things... It looks exactly like one, actually... Because that's what it is.

>>27126487
Thank god that we have an intelligent expert on design here to give us detailed points explaining why things are apparently bad and not instantly going for random angst comments because they haven't left the house in 9 years.
You're a true American hero, Fred.

This bear/mascot is one of the better new Pokemon... But Bruxish is definitely bad, like it's the only legitimate badly designed Pokemon ever.
>>
>>27126137

Nice shitty '"'opinion''''
>>
I find the idea stupid and the design retarded.
>>
>>27126137
I just hate the white fur because it's done bad and there's not much of it. That's it. I'm fine with the rest of the design.
Also the official artwork is honestly shit, the one on the left is 365 times better.
>>
>>27126487
>"Other people can have opinions, faggot"
>Bashes anon for his opinion
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>27126736
Yes you are. I was talking about how anon called everyone else an "idiot" for not being as blind as he is and thinking that this is actually a good design. Anything else?
>>
>>27126137
>It's innocent looking and nice and just wants to hug people, but it's dangerous as shit because it's stupid strong.

well now i have no choice but to name mine Lennie
>>
>>27126692
The one on the left doesn't show it moving in for a hug... And moving in for a hug is it's main characteristic...
It's a Bear-Mascot themed strong and giant bear. There's also some very obvious maid influences.

So, really, all we need now is a Hiroshi Tanahashi Pokemon and there's nothing else left of Japanese Pop Culture worth exploring.

>>27126782
This "anon" you're referring to is me and I'm not one to spout opinions. I understand design, I understand concepts and a good designs properly illustrates it's concept. This does that and is therefore good.

So... Disagreeing with these literal facts makes you a definitive idiot, yes...
>>
why even talk about things being bad by design or good by design. besides all it needs to do is meet its objective.

>terrifying hug bear
>red panda
>mascot costume or toy

it met all of them well and was executed perfectly. It looks exactly how it's supposed to, just like every other pokemon design has been so far (except suicune, that one wasn't so obvious).

If it appeals to you - it appeals to you, if it doesn't - it doesn't. Neither of those two mean anything about whether or not the design is shit, because its design communicates what it is supposed to be and who its target audience is very well. Not every bear has to be based on the actual animal 100%, they made a red panda and crossed it with a toy/costume. Just like they crossed a turtle with a squirrel, a bulb with a frog, a lizard with fire, a mouse with a thunderbolt ETC.

OBJECTIVELY the design is flawless, SUBJECTIVELY it can be bad or good. But if you're going to continue playing Pokemon you need to understand that there's so many of them to fill in the voids of animals/objects/individual tastes. So of course some are going to be bad to the majority, because they're not there for the majority. They're there for specific people and reasons.
>>
>>27126137

>Nornal fighting

A lot of dual normal types this gen

We had Electric and fire last gen

Now we have grass, Dragon and fighting
>>
>>27126838
But it's hugging a tree trunk. Just too much.
>>
>>27126868
>Normal/Grass
>This Gen
>>
>>27126858
>they crossed a turtle with a squirrel
You were doing so well...
Squirt as in to shoot a liquid... Literally nothing to do with squirrels.
Your other examples are pretty off as well...
... But everything else you said is good.

>>27126877
The pose they're using, though, is a combo of the stance one enters before trying to hug someone and the standard way bears are depicted on signs that warn you of bear attacks... It's pretty clever.
The more I think about it, the more this thing becomes my favourite Gen7 Pokemon
>>
>>27126137
Whining comes from
>vast amount of normies around thanks to Go, normal
>autistic kids who haven't realized the thing will evolve
>1 or 2 autistic shitposters who don't really like pokemon but use this board to sperg out because they need a escape from their neet lives and hiroshima won't find what they do here.

First two are natural and expected. Third one needs someone to learn where they live and go hurt them a bit.
>>
>>27126487
Agreed. It's lazy, anyone who says otherwise is clearly shit posting.
>>
>>27126487
>>27126782

>If this was gay-ass normie-filled Reddit, I would be downvoted to all hell by butthurt bleeding hearts by now. Other people can have opinions, faggot

From the sound of it, You ARE a redditor, got downboated there because you whined too hard and came over to 4chan to cure your butthurt because you can samefag here and pretend someone is patting your back about your shit taste. We don't care through, post your leddit account so we can laugh at you.
>>
>>27126915

What is Sawsbuck?
>>
Bait thread. No one could ever like this design, let alone try to justify it. Obvious bait is obvious.
>>
>>27127060
>because you can samefag here and pretend someone is patting your back about your shit taste

That kid just did it here:

>>27126736

It's an angry reddit kid who shitposts here everyday because he can't deal with other's opinions. Everytime someone points it out, proves him wrong or flat out troll him (kids eat any bait) he'll get salty and say people just can't accept his hot opinions.
>>
>>27126487
shouldn't you be in summer school or summer camp now?
>>
>>27126978
Squirtle - while it does have a play on words x3, it has a motherfucking squirrel tail.

Pikachu - Lightning bolt tail

Bulbasaur - A fucking bulb on the back of a frog??????????????????????????????????

Charmander - A literal lizard (see Charizard's jap name lizardon and pokedex entry) + fire on its tail. Fire crossed with a lizard - Charmander, not because it's charming, but because it would CHAR things with fire and is a salamander (lizard).

I think you need to go get a better brain and maybe some glasses.
>>
>>27127108
>>27127022

I bet you'll get way less mad if you post us your lebbit account usernames, Braden. You won't even feel like samefagging anymore.
>>
>>27127063
>Sawsbuck
>Gen 7
>>
>>27126858

That's actually a very good perspective. Makes me remember /vp/ really is great to lurk outside of off-seasons and the very beginning of summer, since our in-house shitposters and kids, like Bui are too spread out to shit more than one thread amongst hundreds.
>>
>>27127150
Oops, meant for >>27127108 and >>27127039 instead of >>27127022

You can know >>27127039 os underaged and new because of the separated "shit posting"
>>
>>27126137
The 'official' art for it looks really fucking stupid, because the angle makes it look like its comprised of mismatched parts, you don't really see it as a whole. When you see it from any other angle or the in game screen shot it makes a lot more sense because there isn't such a hard seam between the head and body that's throwing a lot of people off. It just really suffers from a bad first impression.

When I first saw it I had to doubletake because there is LITERALLY a digimon that looks almost identical to that. But the more I looked at it the more it grew on me. It's a fuckhuge red panda that will hug you to death. It looks like a cute cartoon monster, like genwunners keep bitching that pokemon need to look like instead of like yugioh abominations. It honestly gives off kind of a 'studio ghibli' vibe to me.

This gen is really shaping up for me. Salandit and Kiterguguma are both absolute top qts.
>>
>>27126137
this look like a fakemon someone created even the plushie theme looks retarded
>>
I think it's a "friendly" design, I like it. Every gen we have a couple of mons that are cute or seem to be exclusively for kids. You can't deny that this Gen we are having good ideas for new mons.
>>
>He's really strong

>Full evolution probably has a very high attack stat

>>>>>Because we are Gamefreak, let's give it absolutely garbage defenses, oh and let's make it slow too but it's okay, it's HP stat will be high too!
>>
>>27127022
>autistic kids who haven't realized the thing will evolve
I think it looks like a one-stager. If it isn't, I think it's much more likely that it evolves from something instead of evolving into something.
>>
>>27126858

Honestly I welcome weird designs

Not all Pokemon designs is going to be the way you expect it

I love it for what it is

I might just be too forgiving but I can't really hate a design
>>
>>27126137
literally Teddiursa/Ursaring

where's my dolphin
>>
>Pokemon wants to be loved but instead of being itself, it disguises itself using an old and shoddy plush toy of a popular Pokemon
>Is loved
>Pokemon wants to be loved but naturally looks like a cheap gigantic plush toy with freakish strength
>Is reviled

It's like pottery.
Isn't it sad, Kiteruguma?
>>
>>27126915

im not implying Komala is new

I'm just taking notice that they are doing normal hybrids

Of course I know sawbuck already exists
>>
>>27126456
>my opinion guys. My opinion is FACT!!!
Stop being fat and realize that there's nothing objectively wrong with the design that you can think of.
Describing the Pokemon, is not a criticism, dumb dumb.
>It's too simple!!
>Too weird!!
>just a cylinder
All. Your. Opinion.
>>
>>27127337
Komala is pure normal.
>>
We are getting a new bear I ain't complaining
>>
>>27127145
>getting assblasted by a correction
Were you trying to bait someone out or something? Have you never seen a squirrel? Go check it's name in every other language, go look at how it doesn't evolve into a rodent with buckteeth.
Bulbasaur is just a random monster and it's name in every other language reflects that. Pikachu is a specific mouse made yellow and given a lightning blot tail and charmander is based on folklore relating to salamanders and how they were believed to have been born from fire... Go look it up, you absolute mong.
I'm in no need of a better brain, I'm one of maybe 3 competent people who frequent this board. Hence my posts that made sense and fully surmised the design behind this bear thing and how almost every other post in this thread is ignoring them and making random criticisms of an obvious and straight forward great design.

Go back to school.
>>
>>27127039

All those defending it have better arguments for the design being decent than it being bad so far.

Haven't seen any good arguments for it being a bad design. I just see that it looks too simplistic. How is that bad? Isn't that what Pokemon should be going for?
>>
File: 1438108695310.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1438108695310.jpg
522 KB, 1920x1080
>>27126487
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
Pokemon needs a better artist, everything looks like stickers. Sugimori might not have been great at coming up with new pokemon but his art was great.
This lack of a good artist makes pokemon look bad when the aren't as evident by their models which are suddenly better.
>>
>>27127145
>it has a motherfucking squirrel tail.
No, it's a wave. Look at Wartortle's.
>>
>>27126625
What's wrong with Bruxish? It's a colorful crazy looking fish. I dunno if you've seen a real fish up close but they are ugly motherfuckers.

The red panda bear I wasn't sure of at first, until I realized it's purposely designed to look like a loveable mascot teddy bear that accidentally crushes their trainers to death. Damn.
>>
File: hurrr.jpg (30 KB, 324x302) Image search: [Google]
hurrr.jpg
30 KB, 324x302
>>27127500
>but his art was great.
>>
The bear looks stupid because it has zero texture the fuck is the fur.
>>
>>27127414
>claiming to have assblasted when in fact was assblasted themselves

A pokemon's name is created AFTER the design is made mr. autismo. That's why the Japanese names and English names are entirely different. Also you're just confirming what I just said you absolute waste of life.

>Pikachu is a specific mouse made yellow and given a lightning blot tail

I said that

>charmander is based on folklore relating to salamanders and how they were believed to have been born from fire

fire + salamander oh fucking wow I said that too holy shit could this be the real life?

What the fuck kind of retarded logic is this?
>you're wrong because you were right
Because all you did was prove my own point. FUCKING REKT LMAOLMAOLMAO :^)
>>
>>27127568
Well, he was hit and miss.
>>
>>27127500
>artist
You mean designers, right?
Or illustrators?
They have tonnes of designers and then the lead designer makes to official character portraits so everything is in a unified style.
They change the style every generation both to differentiate each batch of Pokemon as well as to adapt to current trends.

The aesthetic right now that they are latching on to - remember, their demographic is Japanese children - is reflective of the current trends in things like JPop, KPop and Yokai Watch and so on. Like, look up the scans for Coro Coro and look through the other properties and you'll see there's a over-arching stylisation.
"artist" is an unrelated term and they know what they're doing from a design standpoint.

>>27127550
The thing about Bruxish is that it's facial features are too big, it's body is shaped entirely unnaturally and it has a characterisation built into it's design that makes it less a species and more a cartoon personality... It looks like a shitty toy from a rip-off kinder egg from China or something... It could be good, just needs it's body reshaped to make it look like it could actually exist and it's features re-implemented so that they look as though it's a natural colouration and not an actual facial expression.

>>27127616
They are named according to their design, yes... And everything I said was correct, yes.. And you're an idiot and probably on here because plebbit kicked you out for having even worse insight than their hugbox does.
>>
>>27126137
I like his we bare bears lookin' ass
>>
>>27127616
>continuation
Also let's go back to bulbasaur, if you can't see that that is a fucking bulb on the back of a frog - you should drink bleach immediately. Or at the very least never reproduce to end your genepool. Toad/frog/ancient frog it doesn't matter, the simple concept is a fucking frog wit ha bulb on its back.

Oh and hmm lets see, please show me any turtle that has a tail like Squirtle? Oh that's right, you can't because it's a mother fucking squirrel's tail.
>>
>>27127337
Komala is pure normal, no clue where you got grass from.
>>
>>27127758
Komala is pure fighting.
>>
>>27127672
Again what the fuck are you trying to convey?
>and everything I said was correct

you mean... Everything that I said which you tried to deny by confirming it for me is correct? What argument are you even trying to make here? You're literally telling someone they are wrong for understanding thee correct basis of all design concepts for Pikachi, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander.

You have said nothing to prove your meaningless point.
>>
>>27127672
He's talking about the guy who draws the official still for the pokemon, which so far has been Ohmura
>>
>>27126137
I get the Concept and Idea behind it, that's cool but the design is shit.
>>
File: a reply for (you).png (761 KB, 674x882) Image search: [Google]
a reply for (you).png
761 KB, 674x882
>>27126487
>>
I like how they've been adding a sort of back story with the newer pokemons. It gives depth.
>>
File: truth.png (495 KB, 1417x551) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
495 KB, 1417x551
Anybody ?
>>
>>27126137
now I want to see some gore of ash being crashed by this matherfucker
>>
>>27127791
Stop shitposting.. Just because your parents won't let you use their credit cards to order dragon dildos doesn't mean they hate you and that doesn't justify you taking out your teen angst here with these retarded shitposts.
Squirtle isn't a squirrel and you're completely missing the point on the other designs as well. It's true facts.
You not being able to understand that a simple correction is a positive thing is laughable and you're a horrible little shit. I'm not replying to you anymore, I've already explained why you were wrong and the internet you're using right now to post nonsense can also be used to learn things and not be an idiot.

>>27127840
Yah, I know. I get triggered by incorrect usage of the word 'art' or 'artist' and am especially pissed off by made-up non-terms like "artstyle" - that one literally doesn't begin to make sense...
It's good to use the right words, you know?

>>27127855
The concept only works if the design is exactly what it is so your points contradict each other.
You should just write "I don't like this" instead and learn to differentiate an opinion form a fact.
>>
>>27126610
I think you are the only one being this mad and salty, that anon is just busy laughing at you,
>>
>>27126456
>worst design in history
That's not Shitnaught.
>>
>>27127973
I know what Squirtle is based on, but I'm arguing the art design and not its name.

Squirt -> Blast

I get it.
I know the creature it's "supposedly" based on grew a tail of seaweed or some shit. I know.

The point is, if you separate its name from the design what does it convey? Blue turtle, water type turtle. Upon further inspection its tail is like that of a Squirrel or chipmunk and in its second form it's emphasized even more. Design is open to all interpretations and in no place has it ever been "confirmed" what the actual 100% basis of design it is. However pokemon have always been simple concepts and this here is with out a doubt a turtle and a squirrel tail. The name has absolutely nothing to do with it to begin with, however upon naming "squirtle" makes sense in 2 variations or both combined - squirrel and squirt + turtle.

>I'm not responding to you anymore because you hurt my feelings :(

good, don't need you spreading your ignorance towards open minded ideas any further. Because that's all you're doing.

>s-stop being right about stuff! I can only be right about it!
>>
>>27126137
I don't like the way it's drawn. Odd proportions, no texture to the fur and all smooth and round with the white tiara-like ears looking out of place. I like red pandas and the idea of a giant careless carebear that's stupid strong, but the design is a bit off putting.

Feels lazy, I dunno. It's just my first impression and I can't shake it off, maybe I'll like it more once clearer scans emerge
>>
>>27127450
what the uck are those
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mi88wiUA611r4aqy9.png (135 KB, 266x255) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mi88wiUA611r4aqy9.png
135 KB, 266x255
>>27127516
>No, it's a wave
>>
>>27128120
>shitnaught
That's not grenigger
>>
>>27126868
>grass

Who is normal/grass?
>>
I just don't like the white "ears" on its head. They look like a headband.
>>
>>27127355
Komala is pure sexual
>>
>>27128167
>art design
No such thing; art and design are separate practices. It's a design and it's nothing relating to a squirrel. That would make no sense. It has a tail as all turtles do. The tail is similar to a pump which one uses to send water through an apparatus. Squirtle's line is part turtle part water canon. The tail is the part you push to shoot the water.

>s-stop being right about stuff! I can only be right about it!
Yeah, there's a right and there's wrong. I know what I'm on about because I'm actually knowledgeable on the subject and not some scrub spouting misinformation.

Now, get your "squirrel turtle" bullshit and try selling it to kids in 1998 like that one fat child who no one likes. This thread is about the mascot-bear.
>>
>>27127973
You didn't explain that they were wrong at all, you just listed a bunch of stuff they were correct about... You aren't wrong and they aren't wrong, but you're consistently trying to prove they're wrong with the same ideas. Just because the lore could be deeper and based on something mythical doesn't mean that the design wasn't meant to simply be fire and lizard, turtle and squirt or squirrel, bulb and frog, mouse and lightning bolt. Those were all correct design interpretations, you don't need to know what myth they're supposed to be based on because the design is that simple to convey.
>>
>>27126137
HI KIDS

This will revive pedo bear for a bit, that's cool with me. I missed that meme after he morphed into spurdo.
>>
>>27128240
>most liked pokemon according to recent polls
Fuck off contrarian.
>>
It literally looks like a cheap stuffed animal of some local mascot so I'm cool with it
>>
>>27126858
>OBJECTIVELY the design is flawless
Art does not work that way.
>>
>>27126487
>>27127039

(You)
>>
>>27128317
I studied design too, you're not the only person in the world who has you know? By the way you're talking you're very, very closed minded for someone knowledgeable in design. Again, as a designer you should know that all design is open to interpretation and how well someone gets the actual idea validates if it's good or not.

All turtles have a tail, then explain why it has such an uncanny relation to the squirrel tail? Explain why it's described as being furry during Wartortles evolution? It can be more than one thing. As an example look at Voltorb, what ball shaped inanimate object actually has eyes? None. But with your logic those eyes don't belong to another animal, the same way that squirrels tail wouldn't belong to another animal.

Also you should stick to your words anon, you said you weren't going to reply but then you did. What a fucking loser, can't even resist it can you? Again, all you did was prove my point especially on Charmander and Pikachu, which for some reason you think your interpretation was any different when it's exactly the same. I highly doubt you knew of the basis of the design of charmander when you first saw it, but I bet you damn well knew it was a fire lizard through its obvious design right? So what are you trying to prove?
>>
>>27128120
This. Anyone saying otherwise are contrarians.
>>
>>27128495
This isn't art, it's design.
It conveys a costume or teddy like pokemon related to the Red panda and a bear.

It IS objectively perfect because everyone can understand that. It doesn't have to be liked to be designed perfectly, just like Muk or Garbodor as discussed earlier. We can't just have icewolves, edgedragons and humanoidfairies if we're collecting species of all kinds. Gotta take the good with the bad, the ugly with the pretty.
>>
I wished for a red panda pokemon... thanks gamefreak i half like it
>>
>>27128553
What the fuck are you on about?
It's not a squirrel tail, it's a pump. And you clearly know nothing about design.

>As an example look at Voltorb, what ball shaped inanimate object actually has eyes? None. But with your logic those eyes don't belong to another animal, the same way that squirrels tail wouldn't belong to another animal
That's the funniest attempt at a point I've read in a while, glad I left the tab open. Didn't know that retardation at this level was possible, to be honest family.

But, yeah, you're an idiot and you're wrong.

>>27128324
Oh, hey, hi.. I just told someone Squirtle has nothing to do with Squirrels - something very obvious and universally understood.
I'm now setting that person up to further embarrass themselves for my own amusement while watching Macross 7. I'm picking up design ideas for the uniqloxnintendo thing so the stuff these retards blurt out can often be recycled as ironic t-shirts.

So, yeah. The bear is cool. I'd honestly buy a plush if I ever came across one. It's great.
>>
>>27128678
You know, they could have chosen Squirt as the primary word for the combination, because it has a Squirrel esque tail right?
>>
I find it funny that it doesn't change it's overall experession, even when it hugs something. It's almost like it's conciously aware of what happens when it hugs something.

I bet under that black fur, it's ripped.
>>
>>27127672
>just needs it's body reshaped to make it look like it could actually exist
I'd like to remind you that a majority of pokemon clearly don't look like they could be real
>>
>>27126137
I like it but I think the chest is a bit bare.

I mean bear.
>>
>>27128678
>you clearly know nothing about design
Coming from the random mong on 4chan who has proven absolutely nothing special.

The only embarrassment is that you're still responding when you said you wouldn't. You're officially the only one being baited.

Also, I was right.
Fire lizard - Fire on the tail of a lizard
Water turtle - Blue aquatic animal with the tail of a squirrel (that doubles as a squirter, it didn't have to be squirrel tail shaped bruh)
Grass frog - Bulb on the back of a literal a "jurassic" frog
Electric mouse - Lightning bolt on the back of a yellow mouse

What exactly have you proved? What exactly are you right about? All you did was say I was correct about every single one of these.

Explain this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=squirtle%20is%20a%20squirrel%20turtle&rct=j

Look at these results, clearly it's universally interpreted as both.

l2interpretations
>>
I feel like this Pokemon will look a lot better in-game.
>>
>>27126137
The normal/Fighting typing seems a bit odd for it's design, missed out on a good Fairy/Fighting mon
>>
File: Untitled.png (867 KB, 587x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
867 KB, 587x633
change pink into orange/brown color and we're in business
>>
>>27128678
>XD I took year of design so Im an expert and all other interpretations but mine are wrong
>let me use my amazing knowledge to explain to people how they're wrong about simple pokemon designs that everyone knows already

wow you're a genius anon, nobody could have ever figured these out on their own!
>>
>>27126858
Concept isn't the same as design, fuckface
>>
>>27128733
No, squirt is a verb. It's also a colloquial, American noun referring to a child. No squirrels, that's just people being idiots. I've also gone to the trouble of popping over to Bulbapedo to pick up this"

>Zenigame is the Japanese word 銭亀 (baby pond turtle). According to Pokémon Black and White's television program PokéQuiz, "'Zeni' is an old-fashioned word for money. Squirtle's shells look like old coins, so that's how they got their name!"

You know, because the design has nothing to do with squirrels.

>>27128780
Within reason, sure. Not to the extent that if it were alive it would scream "kill me please" because it is impossible for a fish to have a body like that.
Anyway, the main issue is it having an expression eluding to characterisation when it's supposed to be a species. It's fine, though, I'm sure there's a reason for all of it that's not entirely obvious just yet.

>>27128824
You're literally taking words I'm using and sending them back to me and then restating your misinterpretations.
And a general consensus means nothing, especially on the internet. This is a platform for misinformation. All it takes is for one idea to go viral and be evangelised and a whole slew of idiots will start regurgitating the nonsense. It's basic memetics. Another good example is the word "meme" itself, which babbling retards such as yourself decided meant "funny pictures" because you can't do a quick google.

Squirtle is not a squirrel.That's the beginning and end of this conversation. Charmander isn't fire lizard, it's a salamander born from fire. Bulbasaur is just "bizarre monster" in every language because it's a random design that looked pretty cool, I guess (same can be aid for a lot of Gen 1, though)... And you need to just stop posting because there has been no content to any of your posts.

>>27128886
Never said that, samefag. I studied art too, not design, and I never implied that was a superpower, just explained someone that else was dense.
>>
>>27128614
>It IS objectively perfect
Art does not work that way.
>>
Did you notice that one wants to give love and the other wants to be loved? Also, both looks like plushies.
>>
>>27129025
It's not art, it's a design. Serious bait, not even the same guy here by the way.
And art also does work in objectives, depending on the art... But art is not related to this topic.

Subjectivity - the alternative - is purely "I like/dislike" and "what I feel" which has nothing to do with design concepts, that's just your special snowflake bonus that no one cares about.
>>
>>27128861
Way better.
It's still kind of bad tho
>>
>>27126487
"deserves to be a Pokemon"
What is this shitty attitude?
>>
>>27128861
someone pleaae change the pink into orange/brownish and change the black to be a deep brown
>>
>>27126858
>Just like they crossed a turtle with a squirrel, a bulb with a frog,
None of these two are slightly true.
>>
>>27128222
wasted trips
>>
>>27126858
there's nothing in it that makes me think "terrifying". it just looks like an adventure time character, a dumb one
>>
>>27127785
no, it's normal
>>
>>27128943
Actually, concepts are a part of the subject of design. You make concepts or base a design off concepts. You can use the word design for both, sure, but that would be speaking of an entire process and product. Concept are the ideas behind the design. Try again.

>>27129025
Design furthermore comes under the arts (see bachelor of arts - design). You can say "I'm doing art" but to say you are "painting a picture" is much different from saying you're "sketching up some concepts for a design"

>>27128962
Nice bulbapedia reference - which is also written without references to any fact stated by any employee of GF. They can only fit so many letters into a name of a pokemon anon. Notice how Charizard and Lizardon are almost completely different, both represent lizards but both don't represent charring because one is dragon. They both convey a similar idea however. Squirtle and Zenigame are conveying an entirely different subject matter also, so please stop with this.

Except I'm not, you took my words and tried telling me they were wrong but then used the same exact concepts to prove that you were right to call me wrong. The only one you're able to argue about in the end is turtle.

You CLAIMED that it was universally understood to be a turtle and only that. You made that post yourself anon. I gave you evidence that it has been universally interpreted differently with solid reasoning. You claim to have design knowledge yet don't understand that interpretation isn't wrong when the subject matter is there TO be interpreted. The idea was to convey a point, if it was squirt turtle - then they got it. If it was also Squirrel and turtle they got it. Stop basing you facts on a wiki - if you're gonna give facts link me to actual quotes from gf.

Art =/= design, so you don't actually know anything. It's a lot of theory which you have shown 0 knowledge of. fucking rekt.
>>
so will the extreme emphasis on it's strength lead to an extreme attack stat?

Imagine it with 200 attack
>>
>>27128962
I didn't say the design had anything to do with squirrels, I'm talking purely the translation team coming up with the specific name Squirtle,

Also >bringing up squirt is both a verb and a noun as though that's relevant at all.
>>
File: 250px-001Bulbasaur.png (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-001Bulbasaur.png
71 KB, 250x250
>>27129313
the fact its gigantic and want to squeeze you to death, yeah it's pretty common for giant mascots to be a bit scary.

>>27129284
pic related, its a frog and a bulb
ok, no you're right it's a sword and a shield - why didn't they call it Aegislash I wonder?
>>
>>27129394
That's a dinosaur and a bulb
>>
>>27129345
You just keep going and you don't stop.
You remind me of Roman Reigns; you're bad at this and while you show some half-competence in some of your posts you absolute soil anything redeemable you may have typed by spewing absolute nonsense and a complete lack of understanding about the topic.

It's pretty remarkable. You should be taken in for scientific testing, they may discover a new mental illness.

>>27129388
The first post was literally "they mixed a turtle and a squirrel" that is the point I corrected. Any random quarrel you invent is your own.
The noun and verb are both part of naming convention, also, which was your argument so they very much both are relevant.

The idea of it having a squirrel tail is ludicrous.. Have you ever seen a squirrel? Their tails are really long, literally nothing remotely squirrel like in Squirtle. You've just had that idea drummed into you.

>>27129394
It's not a frog. Like, not even nearly. It's a random beast with a plant on it's back. There's no analogue. One of the designers just drew it and they kept it because it was cool. The name in every language acknowledges this as it's essentially called "bizarre/weird monster" often as a pun - essentially 'haha, what's this thing".
>>
>the design is too simple!
>literally missing the whole point

Holy shit was /vp/ always this retarded or is it just the gofags and underage summerfags?
>>
>>27129431
explain to me what a dinosaur is.
no I'll do that for you - everything that was a terrestrial vertebrate from 135million years ago is a dinosaur. That's any species of that kind. The frog matches 2 of those categories and the way it's shaped and coloured makes it appear like that of the jurassic era.

Bulbasaur is a frog, a jurassic frog - which is basically a dinosaur frog. Like I said.
>>
>>27129521
lol this shitposting though, "you lack understanding" is all you have said with 0 understanding yourself. Nice try autismo, still can't back out of this like you said eh? That OCD got ya real good.

On the bulbasaur subject see:
>>27129603

You know so much right? But you don't even understand what interpretation is. You can't even see that it's a frog either apparently. Again, stop it with the names - they come second in design. It's obvious it's a frog, and you're absolutely delusional and autistic to not see that simple concept. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>27126137
It's just my mom's red panda
>>
>>27129673
So you've never seen a squirrel or a frog, then? Guess that makes sense, you being a a shut in and all. But your weird trolling isn't going to benefit you at all ever and you're not impressing anyone. I explained all my points above, long ago. And my points don't even need explanation, they're all obvious observations for anyone who isn't an idiot like you, brah.

Also, your shitpost attempting to argue that bulbasaur is a frog dinosaur isn't proof of anything besides your determination to make as many wrong arguments as possible and never admit that you had it all wrong.

It's really entertaining, though, so I hope you keep going. I hope you know that, when you either kill yourself or just die due to complications incurred from never leaving your bedroom ever, you at least made some awful posts on one of the worst boards on 4chan and it was sort of funny but mostly pathetic. I'll remember you, anon.
>>
>>27127568
What's wrong with this image? Redline it so I know you actually know your shit.
>>
>>27126137
Anyone else naming him Lotso?
>>
>>27126137
No need to explain yourself, you're the typical GF apologist who'd eat any shit
I bet you also defended Klink, Vanilluxe, Drampa and Bruxish...
>>
File: bestmascot.jpg (76 KB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
bestmascot.jpg
76 KB, 624x468
>>27130235
Probably naming mine after the best mascot.. Or maybe just Domo.
>>
>These new Pokemon are overdesigned!
>"For gen 7 we're gonna be simplifying the designs
>Wow these new Pokemon are underdesigned!
What the hell do you want? Recolors of the gen 1 Pokemon and nothing else? But then you'd cry and want new Pokemon. Gamefreak is in another position where they can't win.
>>
>>27130367
>"For gen 7 we're gonna be simplifying the designs
Explain the electric beetle then
And anyway, a simple design is Rockruff
This shitty bear is more like a crap design from a kid
>>
>>27130425

How is Vikavolt's design complex?
>>
It'd be cool if it wasn't one of the worst pokemon designs ever

Remember. Smart design doesn't equal good looking design
>>
>>27130425
This. Thank you.
>>
>>27130456
Zigzags, edges, useless see-through half-circle behind the wings...
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 215x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 215x335
>>27126137
I'll name mine Lennie.
>>
the shape is fucking terrible, that's the only thing about it. if they made it have some noticeable features instead of shitty Adventure Time-esque shape then it would be a lot better
>>
File: (you).png (177 KB, 501x506) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
177 KB, 501x506
>>27126487
>>
>>27128194
American Yo-Kai from YW3.
>>
>>27126868
speaking as someone who genuinely likes normal types, i am a little surprised hugdeath isnt fairy/fighting
>>
>>27127905
Literally how do people make these?
>>
File: red panda wants a hug.jpg (21 KB, 236x310) Image search: [Google]
red panda wants a hug.jpg
21 KB, 236x310
>people don't think this cute motherfucker isn't well designed
do they just not know the source material?
>>
>>27126137
Tell me about the Bunneary, George.
>>
>>27126137
Yeah, I can't wait to slap everyone around stupid with a giant seven foot tall teddy bear.
>>
>>27134462

Red pandas are one of my favorite animals and I've wanted a red panda Pokemon for ages. I'm very dissapointed in this new mon, but I don't hate it.
>>
>>27126251
>hurr durr it's not a bad design, just no one UNDERSTANDS it like me

buddy, if if most people don't get it then the designer failed their brief
>>
>>27126137
>>27126251
Oh fuck he's even doing kumamon's for the glory of satan of course pose.

He'll never be as best as kumamon though. GOAT mascot.
>>
>>27126137
Nobody at all is criticising the concept or theme.
What we hate is the design. It's like Gamefreak heard people saying they want simpler designs but didn't really get it, so they thought what we wanted was a big round thing with two colours and no details at all.
It's neck could have easily transitioned differently, it could have easily had some ruffled fur on its stomach, it could have easily had proper knees and elbows, but no, they decided it should look like a big balloon.
>>
>>27126137
Literally my mom's Lenny from Of Mice And Men
>>
>>27134462
>whiskers
>mouth
>distinctive fur patters on 'face'
>actual joints in paws
>tail being used to stand on hind legs
Find me any of those on Carebear.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.