[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A POKEMON Why do people say this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 1242x1209) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 1242x1209
>IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A POKEMON
Why do people say this when Pokemon designs have always been all over the place since the first batch
>>
It's the freshman effect.
You get used to the ones who have been around for a while.
But when you see something new, it's totally foreign to you, so your brain doesn't associate it with pokemon.
>>
To trigger you in particular
>>
>>27124400
>Why do people say this when Pokemon designs have always been all over the place since the first batch

Because they haven't.
>>
>>27124400
It's like if you're pretty "meh" about your dad but the second a stepdad or boyfriend that rubs you the wrong way comes along, suddenly real dad is the best for some reason.
>>
>>27124610
This post is the very definition of ignorance.
You are blinded by bias.
You have eyes, but refuse to see.
>>
>>27124652
Not an argument.
>>
>>27124400
Gen 1 has some off the wall designs for its day. I remember everyone batching about eggsecute(sp) when RB came out
>>
>>27124400
I just always say "Well then explain to me what a Pokemon should look like." or "Well CLEARLY you know better than Gamefreak what a Pokemon should look like."
>>
>>27124610
"So we have three birds that all represent the types of Fire, Ice and Electric. They reflect these types through their designs ranging from the obvious flames on the fire one to some that aren't as apparent like the electric one's jaggedness which represents the sporadic nature of lightning! Also here's a rock with fucking arms and seeds that look like eggs!!"
>>
>>27124742
>
Greentext exists for a reason, newshit.
>>
>>27124672

>Quoting a literal cult leader.
>>
>>27124754
Too long to put the meme arrows my friend. Some times you just gotta go raw.
>>
>>27124400
this, people just want everything to look like charizard
>>
What does a Pokemon look like?
>>
>>27124742
This legitimately pisses me off.
There is a fucking feature on 4chan that gets used in nearly every post, it is referring to as quotes or greentext.
It is one of the most iconic features on the site.
There is absolutely NO reason to use quotation marks AT ALL unless you wish to do so inside of greentext, or to imply that what's in quotations marks is phony, example being:
He made an """""argument"""""

See, that is the only reason you should be using quotation marks on 4chan.
This is not fucking reddit. You aren't getting upboats here for your garbage fucking unfunny post.
Greentext exists and should be used for the purpose of quoting something in an above post, or relaying something that happened.
That is its use, use it you fucking newfag subhuman.
>>
theres still a distinct artstyle, most of the shitty leaks don't follow it at all
>>
File: 1451251965806.jpg (15 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
1451251965806.jpg
15 KB, 300x249
>>27124844
Whao whao whao, go back to bed you """"oldfag"""
>>
>>27124773

Explain.
>>
File: (you).png (325 KB, 500x2000) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
325 KB, 500x2000
>>27124400
>>27124717
This is how a Pokémon looks like.
>>
>>27124916
In your opinion.
>>
>>27124958
>opinion
OK, then stop getting upset over people's OPINIONS and fuck off with this shit thread.
>>
>>27124857
There isn't an artstyle. Look at this comment it'll explain everything.
>>27124742
>>
File: woops.png (3 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
woops.png
3 KB, 56x56
>>27124844
>decided i'd opt of of greentext for this one
>this shit happens
>>
>>27124983
>comment
>used quotation marks for a small paragraph
This isn't YouTube, underage.
>>
>>27124973
>Implying I'm upset
top kek
>>
>>27125032
Wow! Nice point you got there Mr. Mature!
>>
>design and style are the same thing
>>
File: 18003 Beam Up.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
18003 Beam Up.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>27125005
That'll show you for doing things wrong
>>
man these new designs actually make gen 5 look good
>>
File: 250px-074Geodude.png (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-074Geodude.png
31 KB, 250x250
>>27125165
And the old ones are making it looking perfect
>>
>>27124844
4chan didn't invent this method of quoting though, you could also use it on reddit if you want, but it'd be dumb since it has its own quote feature.
>>
>>27124610
Mr Mime and Jynx
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339 KB, 777x922
>>
>>27124400
I would agree, but that new Bear pokemon really doesn't look like a pokemon, first thing i have ever had to say this about. Its not like its overdesigned like what people usually buzzword about, it just literally lacks any design features at all, all its shapes just sorta blur together into a big incoherent outline, its flat and textureless, and it just doesnt look like it is trying to be anything but a cartoon.

It just looks so out of place compared to everything else. You could line up Pikachu, Garchomp, Klinklang, Girafarig, etc. and while they are all very different in concept and design philosophy, they still all look like they could be from the same universe. This new guy meanwhile just looks so fucking out of place compared to everything else, his only redeeming quality is that an actual good pokemon design in the sheet ghost was revealed at the same time as him.
>>
A lot of the original 150 follow a simillar design . The veast majority share the same skull shape as mew, down to some pokes have the same head. This has to do with mew being the embryo poke. So when people see pokes that step away from this design, they are not wrong
>>
>>27124610
>Vanilluxe
>Aegislash
>Tyranitar

Ask any normie and they will say it's a shitty design
>>
>>27125627
The bear looks a lot better in its extra illustrations. They fucked up the main one by not putting it at an angle
>>
>>27125699
Pokemon gen 1 had humanoids, plants, objects, animals and monsters. Muh simillar
>>
Tauros and Miltank are just proof of how over the place Pokémon is. Both are based on the same animal while one is realistic and the other is cartoonish.
Just say that the design is shit instead of saying it doesn't look like a pokémon
>>
>>27125699
What >>27125867 said, but also felt like adding that that mew thing was hardly intentional, merely that mew was one of the earliest pokemon they came up with (Though Rhydon was the first), and they were just following a similar design philosophy from there.
>>
>>27125627
This.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.