[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is PokemonGO getting out of control in anyone elses city? >1000s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: pokemongofuckyourself.jpg (45 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
pokemongofuckyourself.jpg
45 KB, 540x960
Is PokemonGO getting out of control in anyone elses city?

>1000s of people at the boardwalk, even afterhours
>police saying anyone caught at the beach at night playing pokemon go will be arrested
>forcing people to move, saying standing around said boardwalk is loitering
>at the green cop cars circle the streets looking to arrest/warn people, even at 4am
>mobs of people from each team camping near gyms and fighting back and forth for them, literally can't hold a gym for more than a few minutes

I was downtown last night and mobs of yellow, red, and blue people kept going back and forth trying to control the gym. The yellow ones managed to get it to level 7 before a blue guy with a 1600 vaporeon and 1300 snorlax dismantled everyone.

This is becoming a shitshow. You can't go down the main road without seeing people pulling to the side of the road for a few seconds, then pulling off and doing the same thing 100 feet later. Is this happening in anyone elses city?
>>
>>27122390
Same in mine
>>
Bullshit
>>
Havent seen anything too crazy besides a teenager holding up his phone trying to catch something while walking, but damn other places definetly look crazy
https://twitter.com/TKbreezy/status/752687328582311937
https://twitter.com/PokeballsGo/status/752624510273224704
>>
>>27122390
It hasn't gotten that bad yet that people do it in their cars in my "small" 50k town.

There's just a local facebook group and people tend to meet up at the park near the city center due to gyms and pokéstops.

I live in Sweden so the game ain't even out yet, but the fucking public group has like 40+ members and there's easily more people out there. I see them now and then on their bikes and walking.

I even tried an experiment by putting down 2 lures in a small park.
5 minutes later 2 neckbeards waddled in and sat down, 10 minutes later a dad and his son walked in holding hands with phones in their other hands.

Then I met up with my local group and we put down more lures in the main park and suddenly everyone came out of the woodworks.

I haven't had this much social contact out in the public for years, made new friends and also stumbling onto old ones as well.

Its very cool, but frightening at the same time.
>>
>>27123015
I'm not even in NY but go look up the video of what central park looks like right now. I live in a medium sized city and its absolutely out of fucking control man.
>>
I live in a suburb that has about 200,000 people in it, half of that population (maybe a little more) is 15-25. It's been fucking crazy over here, I work retail and my store is a stop, and people walk in, and walk out, or catch things in the store. The other day someone placed a lure there...actually helped a lot with sales. After I got off work I decided I wanted to take the closest gym, I walk over and there are 60+ people all on pokemon go fighting for this gym. The other night I was driving to a friends house and on the way there I saw at least 100 people (in small groups) walking around parks and such...at about 1:00 am. I haven't seen any cops lately though, I think they know what's up.
>>
I honestly think this is really cool. Reminds me of when pokemon first came out and everybody at school was into it, but times that by 9000 and you have pokemon go
>>
Austin Tx here, shits fucked.

EVERYONE is playing.
>>
>>27123259
>The other day someone placed a lure there...actually helped a lot with sales

A lot of my local businesses that are Pokestops have been advertising that they drop lures at a certain time each day, it really does help bring in customers that want a coffee or something while catching Pokemon.

>>27123410
Same, a lot of people are (hopefully just ironically) sequealing "normies reeee" but I find something really endearing and charming about everyone - like, fucking everyone - freaking about about Pokemon again like it's 1995. It's not just kids, it's all these twenty-somethings and even their parents who think it's cute. My mom's playing it. It's amazing.
>>
>>27123453
Lmao the cops on the capital lawn are not having it, especially with the restoration going on
>>
>>27123259
>>27123474
Whats a lure? How do you get them!?!?!??
>>
>>27122390
I'm working at a summer camp. Just stuff from today alone:

>50 year old instructor "downloading poke mans" (his words) to try and be hip
>45yo woman talking about how turned her house into a gym so her daughter's friends would want to spend more time there
>13 year olds running up and down the school hallway trying to catch Bug-types
>17yo telling girls that he has legendaries, thinking it will get him favor
>grown man walked onto our campus because he found a Pokemon there
>later saw him walking the highway with a group of kids, all staring at their phones and ignoring traffic
>a mosque down the street was crowded with college aged kids searching for Pokemon
>local bar downtown is offering discounts if you are Team Blue

It's getting insane
>>
>Top 40 shit radio station at work
>Suddenly hear "IS THAT A BULBASAUR IN YOUR POCKET"
Holy fuck when will this meme end
>>
>>27123497
I got my first one by leveling up to level 8, you can place it at pokestops and it attracts pokemon for anybody nearby for 30 minutes
>>
>>27123129
You should be more concerned with the Muslims destroying your country than GO players.
>>
In my town some college dude caught a guy throwing stones at an asian market at 1 AM, which had been a problem for a long time around here.
>>
I live in a university town

All the shops are pandering to Pokemon GO
>>
File: 1465325721137.png (410 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1465325721137.png
410 KB, 600x750
>me and some kids are literally the only people here playing pokemon go
>found no gyms after lots of walking
>only about three pokestops

Feels bad man. I wish I had enough money to travel somewhere very city-like and find people to play with.
>>
>>27122390
>police saying anyone caught at the beach at night playing pokemon go will be arrested
what? can police just arrest anyone they want in your country without reason?
>>
>>27123683
The beach is closed to the public at 10:30pm. They patrol it every night. This was before pokemonGO to keep homeless people and riff raff from destroying the boardwalk. Now they're getting mad because mobs of 100s of people are at the beach at night playing pokemon.
>>
Sounds like Ocean City NJ, only place with a boardwalk AND gestapo. My guess correct?
>>
>>27123683
yes, if there are "No Loitering" signs posted
>>
>>27123756
Nope. Shoreline city in Connecticut.
>>
>>27123790
Balls.
>>
>>27123599
>>/pol/
is that way
>>
fuck off you stupid team intuiiton faggots i kill you al ye stupid cunz u suck so hard i rape you in your muoth with m'giant dick untzill you bleed to death like the scum you are fuck you team weißheit fotzes full of yews
>>
>>27123843

He's right, though.
>>
>be last night
>be midnight
>be on a historical site with 3 very close pokestops
>all with lures
>at least 30 other people nearby all talking and playing
>cops roll by
>sirens go off WOOP WOOP
>they turn on the loud speaker

"This is private property, all members of the blue team must exit the premises immediately or you will be arrested"

>they drive away

It was surreal
>>
>>27123843
Ignorance won't stop your country going down the drain.
>>
My shitty iPhone 4 cant download pokemon go. Feels bad.
>>
St. Louis Missouri bro here,
Somebody used a pokestop/gym to lure people to some abandoned parking lot to rob them.
I saw some kid running down my street, full spring, holding his phone up.
This will be our undoing, you'll see.
>>
>>27123943
Sprint**
>>
MY WHOLE TOWN HAS TURNED INTO A SCENE FROM MAD MAX. People are wearing torn up pieces of Pokémon stuffed toys and driving vehicles made of the broken phones of lesser players. Gyms have turned into war zones. There are so many killed in action, and yet even more missing. Please, send help. And Lures.
>>
>find weakly defended gym owned by Mystic
>take it over for based team Instict
>Start to head off and see a neckbeard walking as quickly as they can towards me whilst on their phone
>they suddenly look up
>'TEAM YELLOW?'
>'y-yes'
>walk up to me saying nothing
>'you bastard, I'm not going to get my coins now'
>Tell him not to worry he will take it back before long
>says nothing
>I start to ride off
>'See you around' i hear him say menacingly

Anybody else come across a similar amount of autism from Mystic players?
>>
>>27124045
Not from Mystic players, mostly from Valor.

Valor seems to be the most aggresive and competitive of the teams right now, with Instinct being the most neutral and polite with Mystic somewhere in between.

A lot of this behavior is likely carrying over from Ingress.
>>
File: Pokemon Go in Florida.jpg (14 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Go in Florida.jpg
14 KB, 200x150
>House is over a magikarp spawn

This will still take a while, but it feels good evolving a Garydos from my house.
>>
>>27124095
>city is mostly Valor with 900+ pokes
>I'm team mystic, cause I litterally had a random choice
>I take one gim for blue team.
>the next day 90% of gims in my city are blu
>next day everything is red again.
>Everytime you conquer a gim after 3 minutes it's red again

Why are Valor players so autistic, they have literally nothing to do all day
>>
>>27123535
Literally the day after Go was released I was in the car going to work and a daily show type thing on the radio was talking about it.

I don't have any interest in playing the game because I play the real ones (and I'm not 100% sure my phone is compatible anyway), which kind of sucks because EVERYONE is into this shit
>>
I saw a group of Japanese tourists walking around town during the weekend. They had their heads down and had their hands clasped to their chest. I asked them what they were doing and the guy said, "oh, we just praying." I said, "oh, thank God. I thought you guys were playing that new Pokemon game." He replied, "Yeah, we all praying game arike: Pokemon."
>>
>tfw level 14 and have yet to see a magikarp
here's hoping for a wild gyarados like I found nidoking
>>
>>27123749

>"the beach is closed to the public at 10:30pm"

because police can't deal with idiot homeless's...

what a bullcrap oh god
>>
>>27123528
>>guys thinking Pokemon will earn them favor with girls

I was walking downtown after work today and my lab mate and I caught Dratinis. He logged out, logged in with his gf's account, and caught one for her too. He said he's definitely getting a blowjob out of that. I know him and his gf well, and I 100% believe it. It's unreal.
>>
>>27123599

Dude race religion whatever none of it matters anymore. I was at a park and a bunch of gangster looking black dudes were playing and I asked them what was good nearby and they started showing me where shit was, even got a Scyther! I can't even call them niggers on the internet now because they were cool as fuck and in my head they're just black guys now.
>>
>>27124045

I picked Mystic because I always like Articuno and I feel like I fucked up.
>>
>>27124392

Underrated post.
>>
>>27123015
mate, i live in a small town where the only notable thing in it is a college, and i've already seen packs of players roaming campus at night. i cannot imagine what an actual city would be like.
>>
>>27126568

Yeah nighttime has been crazy at my local uni.
>>
The most I've seen is a dozen or so people sitting on the curb by two Pokéstops and a gym, and the bulk of the city is perfectly fine.
>>
>Philly
>At least 3 people got jumped and robbed by being lured to a remote pokestop where someone used a lure module(lol)
Shit man, its hard out there for a trainer.
>>
File: 1314680555276.jpg (43 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
1314680555276.jpg
43 KB, 600x564
>>27124123
>tfw Psyduck, magikarp, and Squirtle spawn at house
>>
>>27124001
kek

I want this to be real.
>>
Only bumped into 3 people playing it, and one was a dude with his kid, but I'm in UK and live in a relatively rural area
>>
>>27124095
>>27124181
I have the opposite experience with Mysticfags in my area.

They're super autismal and will walk between the areas with gyms and repeatedly take them back within 30 minutes. All day.

Though by 9 AM every morning the gyms are all red/yellow, then blue takes them by around 1 PM.
>>
>>27122390

I think people should have legal consequences if they play Pokemon Go while driving. Like the police should hook up with niantic and ban the user for lifetime and have him pay a ridiculous fine.
But if it's people walking around (even at night) nobody should do anything. We don't have a curfew. And the more people are outside at night the LESS criminals are around at night. Only reason why crimes happen more often at night is because nobody is around. Pokemon Go might actually reduce crime rates significantly
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>27124001
>>
>>27128373

Same experience with Mytsic here.
Actually saw the kids that took the Gym and they legitimately looked autistic.
Well I could've guessed from their clan user names and because they put Eeveelutions only in the Gym (everyone a different oneof course)
>>
File: 1464383502544.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1464383502544.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>>27123672
no way.
i live in a village in east europe and it has 4 poke stops and a gym
>>
>>27128710

Similar here.
Live in a rural german village in the depths of Bavaria with the next big city being 40 km away and we have tons of Pokestops and 2 gyms.
How the fuck are they even decided? I've found statues and art pieces I didn't even know we had.
>>
>>27128907
btw the gym is a football stadium
>>
Where are all the other pokemon at? I find nothing but normal, grass, water and psychic.
>>
There's two parks around the corner from my house and each one has a pokestop. I was at one yesterday evening and dropped a lure. It was actually pretty nice. A random assortment of people showed up. A family with two kids, a dad and his toddler, a few groups of friends, etc...

Also looks like people like to bring their dogs to run around. So got to see some cute pups.
>>
>>27129329
That's 90% of genwun
>>
>Walking down "cultural" park area in my city repping based team instinct
spot in shade with a cool draft coming down in between 4 pokespots
>2 gyms nearby
>hear mystic babbies yell about gyms being controlled by valor
>they take over gym and get into it with valor
>they both fuck off to the other gym
>reclaim gym 1 for based I N S T I N C T
>they all come back to gym 1
>i go to gym 2
>it never ends
>>
>>27129555
>fucking up greentext
I'm a disgrace to my own trips, i don't even remember pressing enter
>>
My city isn't that ridiculous, but there's a shitload of people out driving around in cars to do laps around the gyms and they turnover FAST.

Also usually a dozen people around the park near my apartment in the evenings looking for pokemon and farming the pokestop there.
>>
>>27129329

Shitloads of bugs and poison types in my town. I'm only a few candies off of evolving a swole as fuck Paras (it's currently sitting at 430 CP unevolved)
>>
I live in the middle of the suburbs, I've seen a few more people walking down streets than usual, but it's been hot and storming recently so we'll see if it picks up.

There were a ton of people playing when I was at the Mall of America, in groups of 2 to 5. There could have been more that came for that purpose though, but put their phones away after the servers were down long enough.
>Caught a Tauros first thing upon arriving before I lost my connection for most of the day
>>
>>27124095
In my local area theres 6 gyms and theres a gang of mystic players who drive around and claim them all. I haven't seen any instinct players yet so its a competition between these guys and all the local Valor guys.
>>
>>27124756
They don't want drunken idiots wandering into the ocean and drowning at the dead of night.
>>
>>27128373
I am the Team Mystic member that goes out at 2-5am and takes back all the gyms in my area.
>>
I live in Manhattan, it really is pretty crazy... I haven't stopped by Central Park or Times Square yet but I was at Bryant Park and there were dozens of people walking around on their phones catching pokemon with friends.

I've seen a dozen or more people in Pikachu hats or Pikachu costumes

And on random streets on the Upper East side I'll see about 1 person a minute on their app

Strangers shouting to each other "Ahh you looking for Pokemon too? Let me help you"

And actually, I just got back from vacation visiting my brother in San Francisco when the app came out. We kept pointing out to each other people on the app which ended up being every few minutes even in Napa valley where we drove out to...
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.