[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the new abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1024x768
Bruxish ability is pretty damn near along with Sandalit
>>
I'll be unhappy if old Pokémon don't get any of these new abilities.

Raikou should get Electric Surge and Mewtwo should get Berserk.
>>
>>27122169
No. Keep Raikou the way it is, with Volt Absorb.
>>
>>27122169
Luxray needs electric Surge
>>
>>27122203
Volt Absorb does it no justice.
>>
I'm loving it, we've gotten 21 new mons so far and 13 new abilities, most of which seem pretty decent. And even the new mons with old abilities get ones that aren't too bad.

I'm excited to see what the starters hidden abilities will be, hopefully they're new as well.

>>27122169

>Mewtwo should get berserk

Clever, I can get down with that.
>>
>>27122132
They are creative, but way too overrated.
Most likely no big metagame changer. Reminds me of Sticky Web the "most meta-defining move" at its reveal.
I like them nonetheless.
>>
>>27122701
>but way too overrated. Most likely no big metagame changer

Yeah, being able to inflict Toxic poison and use Poison-type attacks on Steel-types and Poison-types is completely worthless and won't change a thing.
>>
>>27122788

Way to put words in his mouth anon. Salandit will be a threat if it's stats are good, but it's not going to be the ULTIMATE STALL KILLER everyone has made it out to be.

The biggest change will likely be the resurgence of speed boosting sweepers paired up with Bruxish, as strong priority really diminished their presence in Gen 6. But I doubt that's enough to alter the whole competitive landscape.
>>
>>27122880
Being able to put Toxic on any and all Pokemon means that yes, it will kill Stall teams, because the stalling Pokemon now has a finite amount of time before it does. Doesn't matter what Salandit's stats are except for speed, Focus Sash and heave a Toxic and boom.

If anything, this means every team will need to have someone with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy.
>>
>>27122132
Salandit's would be better if it made Poison attacks hit for neutral damage instead of just allowing for the status effect. Could be pretty neat if he gets a new Fire type Sludge Bomb move or something instead of just Toxic.
>>
>>27123001
Didn't the "neutral damage" sound effect play in the trailer when Salandit tossed that ball of goo at Rockruff?
>>
>Mega Zoroark with Disguise
Perfection
>>
>>27123088
That's dragon rage
>>
>>27122788
>nd use Poison-type attacks on Steel-types
we don't know if we'll be able to do that. The official information we got only says that you can poison steel and poison types with corrosion
>>
>>27122994
or Mega Sableye
>>
>>27123165
Dragon Rage is a black/purple sphere now?
>>
>>27123292

Dragon moves are purple now based on Drampa's dragon breath.

It certainly was not a poison move. Sludge Bomb looks nothing like that.
>>
Legends suck
>>
>>27123143
Disguise?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.