[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another new typing thanks to Mimikkyu. It feels good to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: Unused type combinations.png (77 KB, 532x875) Image search: [Google]
Unused type combinations.png
77 KB, 532x875
Another new typing thanks to Mimikkyu.
It feels good to see GF giving us so many new ones in so few Gen 7 mons, with a lot more potential ones still to come.
>>
>>27122129
>not normal/ghost
>not fairy/fighting
Wasted
>>
>>27122129
a lot of these don't even combo together at all
>>
Gamefreak really doesn't like poison huh
>>
File: Unused Types.png (70 KB, 476x781) Image search: [Google]
Unused Types.png
70 KB, 476x781
Fingers crossed for either a Poison/Psychic or Poison/Electric Pokemon this gen.
>>
>>27122178
I can sorta see what you mean for Ice/Fire or Poison/Steel, but other than that, not really.
And even then, Stunfisk and Volcanion exist, you just have to be creative.
>>
>>27122216
I don't see how Volcanion would require that much effort, type wise. Fire/Water being a steam mon is pretty obvious.
>>
>>27122289
I agree. It's just that Water and Fire are pretty obvious "polar opposites" types.
>>
There should be a Fighting Ghost. A "Fighting Spirit"
>>
>>27122216
>Poison/Steel
Mega-Garbodor
Some kind of mercury/lead based pokemon.

Most metals are actually really toxic. The only ones that aren't toxic are just not digestable and probably would be toxic if they were. Poison/Steel actually makes a lot of sense, you just have to bend the conventional takes on those types.
>>
>>27122463
Agreed 100%. Something based around mercury would be incredible.
The thing is mind boggling enough in real life already, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>27122179
You mean ice
>>
>>27122503
What I think is interesting is that mercury is technically not a mineral for the same reason water isn't a mineral.
Ice however, is a mineral, and so is frozen mercury.
>>
There should be a fairy fighting that's a magical girl
>>
I just realized that fairy, a type which has been around for a total of 1 generation, has less unused type combos than poison, normal and ice.

I'm okay with it because I love fairies but, weird.
>>
Also glad with normal/Fighting from a non-mega Pokemon. <3
>>
>>27122216
>Poison/Steel
Battery cell
Garbage truck
Nuclear plant
>>
>>27122216
poison/steel would be mindnumbingly simple to do. It could just be any of endless forms of metal garbage. Or rusted metal. Or radioactive metals. Or a syringe.
>>
>>27122715
>Poison/Steel not being a robot komodo dragon that drools venom
>>
>>27122630
Well, to be fair quite a few Pokémon were retconned into Fairy type, which never happened before. Magnemite turning Steel was just a pebble in the water in comparison.
>>
really wanna see an ice/fighting or dragon/fighting also an ice/fairy thats like an ice queen or something would be cool
>>
>>27122178
>>27122216
I've wanted an Ice/Fire mon based on the norse giants for a long time now. It's super specific, but it's really the only thing I can think of to be Ice/Fire that isn't contrived.
>>
>>27122929
Froslass, being a Yuki Onna (Snow woman yôkai), would definitively have been Ice/Fairy if it was made today.
>>
>>27123022

Isn't the Yuki Onna supposed to be the spirit of a dead woman that perished in the snow? Seems like a Ghost-type to me.
>>
>>27122179
Poison is actually one of their more preferred types. It's not firmly glued to the base of their cock like water is, but it gets more love than the likes of psychic or flying.
Ice and electric are probably their least favorite types. Ice gets the shittiest type matchups, the shittiest stat spreads, the shittiest movepools. Ice sucks. It exists only to make sure water isn't actually threatened by grass.
Electric on the other hand is actively hated. As one of the two types that counters their precious water, it obviously needs to be shit. However unlike grass which naturally has shitloads of weaknesses, terrible offensive presence, and works best as a support type, electric has no such natural drawbacks to prevent it from shitting on water types. Thematically it is a hyperoffensive type that should feature fast, frail and hard hitting pokemon that can and should fucking rape water types. Thankfully, electric has mediocre stat spreads, almost no good moves, has extremely few pokemon in it, and is plagued with more shitmons than any other type(proportionally of course. Electric is the fifth rarest type. If you discount shitmons it is THE rarest type.)
Electric type pokemon are few and far between, always have extremely shallow movepools that make Flareon look like a deepsea diver and usually have some minor flaw with their base stats that cripples them heavily. That is assuming they even get to have base stats at all. Most of them don't ala pikaclones.
Name an electric type that doesn't suck cock. Now name an electric type not named thundurus or rotom that doesn't suck cock. Now name an electric type you can actually use in game, and isn't some 2.5% encounter rate asshole in victory road or some bullshit.
I'm so glad that fucking hydrophilic cuntbag is leaving the company so we can FINALLY get some electric moves and electric Pokemon and say goodbye to the reign of water.
>>
>>27122820
>not a rusty robot komodo dragon that gives people tetanus with its bites
I mean I know we've since figured out that komodo dragons actually just have a really complex venom, but I still like the idea that their mouths are so full of diseases that they kill shit by just infecting it with superAIDS.
>>
File: 1390639841410.png (152 KB, 258x313) Image search: [Google]
1390639841410.png
152 KB, 258x313
>>27123083
Here's a (You) because that was really heartfelt.
Thankfully Electric does have a few other good Pokémon like Zapdos, Mega-Manectric, Galvantula, Eelektross and Zekrom, but that doesn't make you any less right.
Tapu Koko and Vikavolt show potential too.
>>
>>27122977
Jotuns would have to be Ice/Fighting and Fire/Dark.
>>
>>27122129
>Poison/Rock
Uranium or other naturally radioactive rocks
>Rock/Ghost
Gravestone
>Normal/Ghost
Schrodinger's cat
>Ice/Fire
Thermal
>Fire/Grass
Wildfires or spicy peppers
Any other ideas?
>>
>>27122129
Who's fairy-bug, already? Aren't all the new bugs electic?
>>
>>27123216
I'm just really pissed Electivire isn't electric/fighting and is stuck with shitty moves and shitty stats.
Also I hate that pikaclones are intentionally designed to suck in battle.
>>
File: Cutiefly.full.2014284[1].jpg (425 KB, 1215x1160) Image search: [Google]
Cutiefly.full.2014284[1].jpg
425 KB, 1215x1160
>>27123407
>>
>>27123407
Cutiefly. Which Pokemon was Normal/Fighting before the new bear?
>>
>>27123407
>Cutiefly
>Electric
anon...
>>
>>27123445
Meloetta and Mega-Lopunny
>>
>>27123216
Speaking of Galvantula and Vikavolt, I'm loving that the bug types just keep getting cooler and cooler. Here's hoping we get a decent amount of them this gen to make up for XY's shameful display.
>>
>>27123445
M-Lopunny.
>>
>>27123441
>shitty moves
What.
It literally learns everything. There's a reason people call it coverage monkey.
>>
>>27123487
Wild Charge is the most pathetic STAB ever ;_;
>>
How is there not a forest fire pine pokemon yet?
>>
>>27123487
Wild Charge is a joke. One of the worst moves in the game. With a base power that pathetic you know the only reason it has recoil is so water types with their obscene health pools aren't threatened by it.
>>
>>27123456

>You in charge of reading comprehension.
>>
>>27122129
Fighting/Dragon please, that shit designs itself
>>
>>27123616
More like, it has recoil because Volt Tackle has it too. Gotta remind people that Pikachu gets a special move while others can only use a worse imitation.
>>
>>27123681
Electivire and Luxray need volt tackle
>>
>>27122503
Mega Muk
>>
>>27122977
A snow capped volcanic mountain.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.