[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
*WARN* This is not a blog post but a thought of mine I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: pokemongo.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokemongo.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
*WARN*
This is not a blog post but a thought of mine

I have to say this to something more "global" than my friends, because I'm sure that a high number of people think what I'm about to say but searching on the internet I can't find anything at all.
When pokemon go has become available, I was really really excited. When I was 9 I broken my mother's balls because i wanted a GBC with pokemon red. I did never asked for anything, it was the first time I asked for anything with so much strength and after 2 months they bought it. I played that game so much, I loved every part of it. I remember every time it got resetted because >shit battery and every time i restarted. I remember bugged pokemon, I remember everything and I was and IM in love with pokemon. Same thing for pokemon gold, sapphire, diamond, hearth gold (492 original pokemons without cheating or anything) and so on. When i was little I dreamt of finding other people to play with (i lived in a small town) and when internet become available, the GTS was a dream become reality: i can trade with anyone in the world, battling with anyone in the world.
The next step was what we know as Pokemon Go: if the reality doesn't have pokemon, we ADD pokemon through virtual reality.
You now understand how MUCH I was excited: finally I can go outside, search pokemon, battling and leveling them up, forming bonds with my pokemon, and then...
We CANT level up pokemons, instead we have to CATCH other pokemons to give them dust and candies (WHAT), they are like cannon fodder: once exausted, it's better transfer them to professor (potions are a little rare).
In this game pokemon doesn't have personality at all, we can't train them through battling, gyms are a joke. It's obviously an ingress game with a pokemon skin. They can't learn other moves, the battle it's a joke at all (fourious tapping), there isn't a single thing taken from the original games.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST
>>
Tl Dr
>>
All I wanted (and I think WE wanted) was a pokemon game in VR version and they made it all WRONG. It's obviously because they want us to buy things through micro-transactions BUT FOR FS I CAN BUY THE GAME FOR 50$ OR 60$ AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR 10$ A MONTH BUT PLEASE make this game a REAL game. This game is really delusional and is only "launch pokeball, go to the portal..EXCUSE ME gym and conquer it for 4-5 hours" and there aren't feelings at all. No bonds, no attachment to pokemon, no sense in leveling (there isn't leveling, only dust and candies SHIT)...i'm really delusional right now. They broke my 9yo child dream in pieces and monetized every part of it. Ps. to everyone that want to say "but is difficult to make a game like that!": I'm a really really good developer (I will not tell in which company I work and what role I have besides of developer) and I know FOR SURE that it's not so difficult to make that kind of battles and leveling. Let's just say that 90% of effort is done. They need only another 10% effort to make the game like what we want. It's obvious that they didn't want to push themselves too much and redesigned ingress with pokemon images...and they want it like what it is now because of microtransactions. Pps. I don't care if they're implementing "PVP". This doesn't change anything at all: still no levels, still no experience, still nothing. Only more potions to buy (with future micro-transactions). I'm SURE that like 80% of people agrees with me. We have to talk about our disappointment, maybe they will read something and understand that they have done it all wrong. I hope every player stops playing this game after 1-2 weeks because of boredom. TL;DR: this game broke my 9yo child dreams and you (niantic and the pokemon company) should feel really bad.

END.

There is someone that think the same things?
I seriously hope I'm not alone.
>>
Learn how to make paragraphs my friend
>>
> It's obviously because they want us to buy things through micro-transactions BUT FOR FS I CAN BUY THE GAME FOR 50$ OR 60$ AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION FOR 10$ A MONTH BUT PLEASE make this game a REAL game.

Then they failed hard, most people will never need any microtransaction f they don't live underground.

And pokemon is supposed to be a franchise with a social element. For a social element to be here, you need people (obviously). People will NOT play something as ""technical"" (wel it isn't despite what fanboys wiill say but still) as the main game.

Long story short yes it's not what you want it to be, we get it and it's like that for a lot of people, and it's quite understandable. However, you have to understand too that you are not the center of the world or worth more than normies playing.

And yes, it would be hard. There's a lot of things to take into account accessibility-wise. Because it must not be too invasive or annoying otherwise people (except for hard fans) will not play it. Again, pokemon has always been a fucking social experience, or at least it was SUPPOSED to be one.

If you want tsomething like the main games, play the main game. Period. While some complains are valid, if your point is "WHO CARES ABOUT PVP THERE ISN'T ANY LEVEL IT'S HORRIBLE IT'S NOT EXACTLY LIKE THE MAIN GAMES" then thank you, goodbye. Once again, do you know how/why pokemon was created? While these things have their importance they definitely are not supposed to be the "core" of the game. So it' not surprising that they get shafted/removed until later/whatever.
>>
>>27122189
I understand what you're talking about. I know it's a "social experiment" (blue and red with different pokemon so people have to play together blah blah), but i know for sure that 99.9% of pokemon players played pokemon because of how pokemon were in the game: PERSONAL.

When you finally caught a pokemon, he was yours and you can train it to reach upper levels. Here you have to catch a shitton of the same pokemon then throwing the others in the meat grinder for candy...seriously?

They're only cannon fodder and that's bad.
Training them, levelling them up with battles (maybe with your friends too) and learning new moves (end evolving through levels or other things) are the CORE of the game.

Now you have to catch a bazillion rattata to have a raticate, this doesn't have sense at all.

I know that
>you are not the center of the world or worth more than normies playing.

and you're right, but I'm not saying that the game has to be like i want because I'm a special snowflake, but because...it's bad.
>>
>>27122300
and I have to say that in every game pokemon gains power from battling, not from shitty dust
>>
>>27122020
lol
>>
>>27122300
The usual template would put a very heavy focus on battle. As in, it would be THE most important thing.This game is supposed to be like pokemon in the "explore!" aspect. Which cannot really exist on this level in the main games. In fact, I'm surprised they didn't do it in a way that make pokestop giving you even more XP given what they're aiming at, the candies thing was quite a step back compared to what they're aiming at. I expected it to be worse.
>>
>Ingress with a pokemon skin
This is fine for a mobile game. They just need to add trading. Obviously the gameplay isnt good but its really more of a neat toy/exercise app than a real game. I think you're being way too upset, this wasn't meant to be similar to the real pokemon games.
>>
>>27123042
>>27122819

Maybe you're right and i'm only deluded because of my dream..I don't like pokemon without levels and training and battling for gainz
>>
>>27122300
>>27122300
I totally disagree with you. I love the game as is.

You have to catch 8 Rattata to make Raticate, not a bazillion. You get 3 candy per catch so you don't HAVE to send them to the meat grinder if you don't want to.

There are levels and XP. The player himself levels up and the strength of the newly available pokemon is based on that.

I enjoy the hell out of the game and I am glad they changed the formula, I have been sick of the original formula since gen 4. Its about time they got innovative and tried new things to revitalize the series and its better for it.
>>
>>27121971
>When I was 9 I broken my mother's balls because i wanted a GBC with pokemon red.
riiiight...

Anyways, your language seems pretty immature, are you sure you were 9 when Red was in stores?
>>
>>27123419
I'm not english so i may use inappropriate words when translating literally.

>>27123343
Maybe you're right, time to revitalize the series but still..that was the core of the game according to me...
>>
>>27123523
Well I am sorry you feel that way but you always have Sun/Moon to look forward to.
>>
>*WARN*
>This is not a blog post
>>
>>27123620
yes but you can'0t catch pokemon in real life..
I loved to think that i could find pokemon, train them and meet unknown trainers like me and battle for training and making new friends...oh well...
>>
>>27123130
I feel you, I would have liked it otherwise too. But it's probably a complicated problem to balance without just aiming at the "core fans"
>>
>>27123794
that's a popularity matter. If S/M was as popular s go then you could do the same thing more or less with some tweaks with S/M. But it will not happen because """complicated""" games don't attract people
>>
>>27121994
They've already made bank on this game through those microtransactions. They're never going to change it.

I've already run out of pokeballs and the nearest pokestop would waste too much gas to make sense so it's gg. If they update in the future to fix a lot of things I might play again.
>>
>>27124220
Things like spreading out and adding more pokestops. Also if you live in certain areas playing this game is a great way to get mugged.
>>
They might wait until many people get tired of going around catching Pokemon before they add battling to renew interest.
>>
>>27124246
actually, no. I live in a pretty hard core of town, guys be strapped and wearing gang signs.

And taking out they cell phones to catch a pokemon. LOL

though gyms are taken way more seriously.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.