[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played a PMD game since red and blue, is super
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1463081484496.png (77 KB, 329x325) Image search: [Google]
1463081484496.png
77 KB, 329x325
I haven't played a PMD game since red and blue, is super mystery dungeon any good?
>>
>>27117257
Yes. Go play it right this fucking instant. Also, play Explorers of Sky too, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>27117257
Sky is better but Super has more Pokémon
>>
dusknoir dies
>>
>>27117257
Explores of Sky is better than most of the main series games.
>>
>>27117257
No PMD is good. Any spinoff is shit.
>>
>>27117307
Don't listen to this guy. I assume that you already like mystery dungeon anyway from your experience with Red and Blue. Both Explorers of Sky and Super mystery dungeon are great, and they are different enough experiences to warrant buying one and then the other.
>>
>>27117257
Just play Dungeons of Dredmor, it's like Mystery Dungeon except it's good.
>>
>>27117307
Fuck off retard
>>27117257
Absolutely. It's fantastic.
>>
>>27117257

It's absolutely nothing like the first games.
>>
I recommend at least reading up on the story of the other games. There are connections you won't understand. There are also callbacks to Rescue Team, though, and none of the connections impact the actual plot so don't worry.
>>
>>27117257
they're great.
Just to play the last two games unless you're able to get them for free.
>>
>>27119712
>reading up on the story of the other games
Please don't do that. Just play the other games (sky and gates). If you want, that is. There's no need to understand the references, as there's absolutely no impact.

Personally, I recommend playing Sky instead. Super is good, and arguably better than red/blue, but the story isn't as solid and it was the only mystery dungeon which's story didn't touch me at all. Maybe I'm biased, but I've never managed to get over the disappointment of the ending twist that completely broke the feels.

So, it boils down to this:
If you're playing for the story: Play Sky or Gates. The latter has a good story despite the gameplay being shit.
If you're playing for the gameplay: Play Sky or Super. Sky has a better postgame story but Super has tons of postgame missions, a bunch of new features that make exploring dungeons more fun, and you can collect all 720 pokemons. I find the Connection Orb fun to work with.
If you don't care, just play Super. It's a good game regardless. Though, if you plan on playing them all, just play on their release order. I warn you with Sky though, as it will take you a long time to 100%, and you'll probably want to move on before even finishing the postgame. Same goes for Super.
>>
File: SMD.jpg (590 KB, 1030x1678) Image search: [Google]
SMD.jpg
590 KB, 1030x1678
Did you even have to ask?
>>
>>27120315
Why is Mew blushing?
>>
File: Rin.jpg (88 KB, 628x369) Image search: [Google]
Rin.jpg
88 KB, 628x369
>>27120315
>you thought it was going to be a Monster House, didn't you?
>well you were right
>>
>>27120334
It's just one of the character portraits. Any deeper description of that is a post-game related spoiler.
>>
>>27120315
Fucking microwaved knuckles
>>
>>27120334
She wants the D
>>
>>27120334
You're about to find out if it is him or her
>>
>>27117257
Yes, but you should also play Explorers of Sky.
Adventure Squad isn't translated and it only has the good gameplay anyway, everything else isn't that good.
Gates to Infinity has a good story but the gameplay elements aren't great, though some of the little twists here and there are interesting. However it feels like a prototype to Super, so just play that instead. Maybe you could watch some Youtube videos of Gates to Infinity to read the story if you don't want to play it and you care enough.
>>
>>27120623
>Clearly female in Gen 1
>Never proven otherwise in any other game

I guess they say "him" a lot but that's just because "it" sounds weird.
>>
>>27120703
On record it is gender unknown, in gen one how did they even catch it for it to give birth under observation? You know that was really Fuji's daughter
>>
>>27120863
It's a game about catching, can't be that hard.
>>
if you have a 3DS, it is worth getting. Arguably the best in the series.
>>
>>27120703

Nigga, there are multiple Mews.

Mew in SMD is not Mew that was caught by researchers. Just like Celebi in SMD is not Celebi in Sky.
>>
>>27121470
Makes sense. Though you have to wonder how rare they really are if they've been able to reproduce for this long, maybe transform plays into it?

There's only one Arceus, right? Don't go all Dharmic on me
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.