[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /vp/, what is the best Pokemon movie and why is it Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
Sup /vp/, what is the best Pokemon movie and why is it Pokemon 3 The Movie?
>>
>>27117123
Actually, Heroes is the best movie.
>>
>>27117123
Nah. The first one was actually a decent movie, even without the pokemon crutch, especially when watched with the cut intro.

>>27117128
Heroes takes up a super snug second place.

The third one was okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>27117128
Is if because of lewd latias?
>>
>>27117161
No, but she was a good part of it. You got to now the duo more than most movie legendaries, and they weren't even as important as other legendaries are. Heroes was about comfy scenery, the awesome pokebros that live there, and some cool thievery.
>>
>>27117128
>Heroes
Literally nothing even happens in that movie. I'm sorry but you're wrong.

Any of the first 3 movies are the best in their own way.
>dat Mewtwo
>dat quadfecta legendary bird battle and dat theme
>Charizard vs Entei
>>
>>27117123
not even a genwunner but the first movie was the best one. Coming from a guy who has seen every movie up to Arceus and the Jewel of life. The third movie was solid though, probably in my top 5.

>>27117128
>>27117141
>>27117161
>>27117197
Heroes wasn't terrible bt personally I found it incredibly boring.
>>
>>27117238
Likewise on 1. Mewtwo was an actual character, not just the Godzilla monster of the week. Mewtwo had actual motivations that made sense, not just "I'm evil! Rawr!". With the clipped intro, Mewtwo becomes an absolutely sympathetic chaacter.

The fucking scenery in that movie was gorgeous. There were bits that looked like they came out of H.R. Geiger's work, and they were fucking amazing.

Ash's "death" scene. Yes, it pussied out, but goddamn it, to this day, as salty and cynical as I am, that fucking scene gets me misty-eyed. That takes some fucking skill.

>Inb4 "My Brother"
Yeah, that was faggy as hell, but it actually fucking worked for the scene. What do you expect when 4Kids localizes your shit?

It was still an anime movie based on a series, so it was kind of shit, it is far and away the best pokemon movie, no shit. I've watched 'em all, and even liked some of them, but this one was quality.
>>
>>27117123
It's not. Destiny Deoxys is. The most full, complete Pokémon movie there is.
>>
Any of the new ones (I haven't seem one since the Jirachi movie) worth a watch?
>>
3 was the shittiest of the first 4.
Still better than 5.
>>
Heroes and Manaphy have the best soundtracks.

In fact I urge anons to check out the soundtracks for every movie because they are fucking great. I can't believe I just brushed them off as a kid.
>>
kek all pokémon movies are shit in a cinematography stand point.
They are just money grabs for kids.
Only the first one extended cut made for a "good" to descent movie,
Maybe the forth one but that´s personal bias.
>>
>>27117378
My nigga yes
>>
Why was the Sinnoh movies a trilogy, it didn't need to be a trilogy and nothing indicated it was a trilogy up til the Arceus movie where they decided it's a trilogy. Then they do nothing with it. You didn't need to watch the other movies cause there was nothing of interest connecting them
>>
>>27117302
Are you fucking serious? Nothing mewtwo did made any sense. Literally nothing. He just spouted empty words with no real meaning behind them. Fuckimg nostalgiafag. At least the japanese version made sense. This english rewrite ia pure garbage logic wise. The 3rd movie is the only pokemon movie that can be called a good movie.
>>
>>27117123
The Arceus movie was surprisingly good.
>>
>>27118538
There was a noticabke difference in both versions. English said No Fighting which was weird in Pokemon universe and Japanese said All Life is Equal which would've went over mnny kids heads up til today
>>
>>27117123
I personally prefer 2000 and 4ever
>>
>>27117123
2000 is the best one and there's literally nothing you can say to me otherwise

As autistic as this sounds, when I watched that movie as a kid, Lugia's speech to Ash about why all the Pokemon came made a profound impact on me and made me try to help as many people as I could every day.
I'll see if I can find the part really quick
https://youtu.be/U0TJrK9kx_Y?t=59m14s
Not to mention Team Rocket becoming more than cartoon caricature villains and sacrificing themselves for the greater good.
>>
>>27118602
>I personally prefer 2000
I respect your opinion, but you're wr-

>and 4ever
I do not respect your opinion, and you're retarded.
>>
>>27118652
Movie had Tyranitar, Suicune, Ursaring, houndoom and Celebi in a forest environment with a boat that turned into an airship.

Those were some of my favorite pokemon back then.

So I liked it more than Unkown bullshit that I didn't understand.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.