[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 6 is unreleased
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: scgh9e.jpg (100 KB, 700x320) Image search: [Google]
scgh9e.jpg
100 KB, 700x320
OK, before you freak out, this is NOT a 6 . 5 post. There's no doubt that SM are brand new.
However, I'm having doubts that "gen 6" as you know it is even a generation of Pokémon at all.
Let's look at some facts:
>1-5 have 100+ Pokémon, a staple for new gens
>new formes do not make, say, Platinum, a new gen
>gen 6 had only 72 new Pokémon and 48 new formes for old Pokémon
>mega evolution is without a doubt the focus of "gen 6"
>Kalos did not get games that complete the region ALA emerald and BW2
>the majority of Kalos "Pokémon" outside of few exceptions such as Talonflame, Hawlucha, Clawitzer and Dragalge simply do not look like Pokémon(and do not maintain the standard of quality Pokémon had prior to XY)
>many people theorize that XY were simply a beta test for something bigger
>for example, Kalos being gen 1-tier empty
>further supporting the theory XY are gen 1 spin offs
Kalos lacks an identity beyond being fanservice for gen 1, and outside of new formes, added nothing to the franchise.
Now, I'm not trying to sound critical of Kalos, so fans need not worry. I'm just saying that XY is merely a spin-off, with ORAS being a pre-gen 6 remake that also isn't gen 5.
5.5, maybe? You could just say ORAS doesn't belong, or that it is a spin off as well.
ORAS is definitely odd, it is inferior to a game set in the same region from 9 years prior, and lacks sufficient content to even be called a remake. Regardless, ORAS is insignificant when talking about new gens.

TL;DR
>XY does not have the qualifications necessary to be considered a new gen
>it is simply a spin off of Kanto
>XY and ORAS are early access software of sorts for the real gen 6 starting with Pokémon Sun and Moon this year
>>
Wow
>>
You
>>
pity reply, didn't read
>>
None of this makes any sense at all, XY has literally everything that constitutes a generation
>>
>>27108678
>>XY does not have the qualifications necessary to be considered a new gen
So you decide what qualifies as a generation? Enlighten us, great and wise entitled one. What does a game need to qualify as a generation? And no, your headcanon doesn't count.
>>
>>27108787
Except the having pokemon part.
>>
>>27108821
>70 Pokemon don't exist
>>
I'll take your shitty bait.

>>the majority of Kalos "Pokémon" outside of few exceptions such as Talonflame, Hawlucha, Clawitzer and Dragalge simply do not look like Pokémon(and do not maintain the standard of quality Pokémon had prior to XY)

You're full of shit. Show me a Pokemon that "doesn't look like a Pokemon," and I'll show you AT LEAST one other that's basically the same.
>>
>>27108821
This.
I kind of agree with OP and get what he's saying, but ORAS' existence kind of messes it up.
>>
Nah OP you're a retard.
>>
Gen 6 is actually a pre-Gen 6. SM is the real 6th gen.
>>
>>27108933
In all actuality, it's more like this than what OP is going for.
S/M are literally the X/Y sequels, except they're not for no other reason than fags fucking whining "we want 7th gen, 6th gen is bad" and Game Freak listening to them.
Well, at least by that we're getting Battle Frontier, perfect as it's running on the 6th gen engine and filesystem.
>>
This is a good time to remind everyone that "generations" are a division made up by the fans. There's no way to say those Pokemon are, or are not their own generation or part of another.

We can only say that each new wave of Pokemon come with each new game.

It's silly to argue about this. X and Y certainly had less Pokemon, and fewer hugh quality Pokemon, but they're legitimate editions all the same, and everyone has to live with that.
>>
>lacks sufficient content to even be called a remake
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>27108678

>xy does not have my arbitrary qualifications necessary to be considered a new gen
>im a genwunner
>how can xy oras be real if our eyes arent real

fix'd
>>
>>27109032
>anything in that post suggesting genwunner
Nice buzzword denialfag
>>
>>27109005
It shouldn't be hard to understand that sentence, but I guess he means
>Safari Zone
>Game Corner
>Battle Frontier
ect.
>>
>>27109070

> "it is simply a spin off of Kanto"
> "Kalos lacks an identity beyond being fanservice for gen 1"
>>
>>27109170
He's not being genwunner by saying that, you meme.
>>
Saged, filtered, hidden.

OP, please start posting with a trip so I can filter you and your faggot ideas out of existence.
>>
>>27108678
10/10 bread
>>
File: 1468165863573.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1468165863573.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>27108678
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.