[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Only complaint is the E4 level curve and new mons only available
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>Only complaint is the E4 level curve and new mons only available in Kanto

>Literally no other complaints
>>
All of the pokemon are shit.
>>
>>27108460
shit taste
>>
>>27108460
this. some designs are good but for the most part they're trash and their stats are godawful.
>caring about stats in-game
is it so bad that I want one decently strong poke before kanto that isn't a starter or ampharos?

>>27108413
as for you, those two complaints are serious, gamebreaking issues that they still didn't fix in HGSS. fuck johto and fuck its half empty kanto
>>
>>27108460
Literally single stage, useless blobs : The Generation.
>>
>>27108460
Example?
>>
>whichever route you take second at the split is piss easy due to heavily underleveled enemies
>Kanto is a barren wasteland and a shell of its former self, which was already weak
>all the cool featured tied to the Mobile Adapter were totally stripped from non-Japan release
>>
>>27108413
And those two are the most important things in a Pokémon game. Johto as a region is nice aesthetically, but those two flaws make it ass to play through.
>>
Crystal was like the worst pokemon game i played

Funny because Heart Gold was like top 3 pokemon game for me, the remake REALLY improved these shit games
>>
>>27108413
>shitty attempt at making the game open after ecruteak
>kanto is a complete joke and nothing before blue in it provides a modicum of challenge
>garbage tms
>15 bp hm
>introduces roaming legends
e4 level curve has always been a nonsense complaint though, at least when only specified at gen 2
>>
>>27108564
Crystal's only flaw was not having Mareep.
>>
Might be because of nostalgia goggles, but gen 2 is my favourite. My biggest problem with it is indeed the Pokemon selection. It is piss poor.
>>
>>27108635
>garbage tms
Having the elemental punches as TMs early in game was fantastic though.
Pretty sure TMs didn't get good until gen 4 anyways.
>>
>>27108687
Hes wrong, gen 2's tm selection was decent

The worst one has to be gen 1. One of the TMs had water gun WA,TER GUN i say and some miscellaneous ones you can only teach to one line
>>
HGSS are my favorite games but I have one more complaint to offer. The Gym Leader teams are generally pretty uninspired and don't highlight the new Pokemon.

Falkner could have a Hoothoot, Bugsy could use Spinarak/Ledyba/, Morty could use Misdreavus, etc. The list goes on. The teams of the game's bosses really don't utilize the newly available Pokemon at all, most of them just use Kanto Pokemon
>>
>>27108734
Gen 1 has a bunch of dumb tms (water gun isn't one of them though, it's very useful for mt moon), but unlike Gen 2 it actually has good tms as well. Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Rock Slide, Explosion, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave. Gen 2 didn't add enough useful tms to offset losing these.
>>
There is no level curve, learn to play.
>>
File: GSC Gym Battle.png (83 KB, 762x696) Image search: [Google]
GSC Gym Battle.png
83 KB, 762x696
>when you realize that GS was actually Pokemon 2
>the gyms are the other types that weren't in Generation 1

that said, if I were in charge of gamefreak at the time, I would have made sure to highlight the day/night cycle and the new pokemon in the gyms.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.