[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me with a purchase, /vp/, I have never played a PMD game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: mysterydungeon.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mysterydungeon.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Help me with a purchase, /vp/, I have never played a PMD game in my entire life, what am I going to expect?
>>
Pokemon
>>
Godtier OST and a good time. PMD games are my favourite spin off titles personally, they put a unique spin on the Pokémon universe that I love.
>>
GOAT OST, GOAT story, and a rollercoaster of feels. You might like it better than main series Pokemon games.
>>
>>27107420
Fun, comfort, suspense, and anger at times.
>>
Is pic related the one you're starting with OP?
>>
>>27107420
It's challenging (dangerously at times), has a more engaging story than usual of Pokemon games, and has a great soundtrack that spans all of its previous titles.

If you can, give Explorers of the Sky a try on an emulator before tackling PSMD.
>>
>>27107420

If you bought Super Mystery Dungeon, you're in for a good time. The only bad parts about the game are the pacing of the story and the nonexistent side characters. It's easily the second best Mystery Dungeon game, and it has the best OST in the Mystery Dungeon series.

If you're only thinking of buying SMD, go buy Explorers of Sky instead. It's the best Pokemon game, counting mainline and other sidegames. SMD copies a lot from EoS, and while it is still a good game, it doesn't quite match the quality of EoS.
>>
>>27107420

look at these threads that were made today:

>>27098574

>>27105425
>>
>>27107420
Prepare to become a full blown furfaggot by then end of it
>>
>>27107420
U can't D8 or M8 with partner that's a problem
>>
>>27108270
This.
SMD is a stellar game and will keep you hooked for ages, but PMD Sky is universally agreed to remain unsurpassed by any main or side games.
>>
>>27108270
>>27108260
>>27108662
Where the fuck is Eevee at? Removed? Why is Pikashit still in the game?
>>
>>27107420
Great but the pacing "forced dungeon run a day" are a bit annoying. I would have liked to spend a little more time in "sections" of the story than i was allowed.

Also has some bullshit fights like drifblims buffing up forever and helioisks or whatever destroying your entire team from across the room in two turns.

Those were my main negatives.
>>
>>27108260
it's not challenging if you use your items. Wands are OP and orbs work in the Poliwrath fight.
>>
>>27110838

No fucking clue, man. The starter choices are pretty lame in SMD, but at least it's better than Gates.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1600x960
>>27107420
Wrong picture
>>
>>27111666
Satanic trips confirms it.
>>
>>27111666
Satan confirmed
>>
>>27111666
Diabolically checked
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.