[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Return of Pokemania
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: CnBjS4gWIAER1kx.jpg (28 KB, 400x313) Image search: [Google]
CnBjS4gWIAER1kx.jpg
28 KB, 400x313
How do you feel that Pokemon is once again a massive phenomenon? That once again Pokemon is the subject news pieces and that once again it is EVERYWHERE and inescapable? Albeit, this is in a different way than it once was, but it really feels like the 90's again in a way.

Congrats /vp/ you're actually a relevant board gain.
>>
>>27100333
Pokemania is indeed back, although net yet to 90s levels.

If SM sells a lot it might be
>>
>>27100333
I like it, but there's only one flaw: Normies still care for only the original 151+Johto.
>>
Shut in NEETS will hate it, the ones of us who had at least one friend as a teenager are loving it.
>>
>>27100399
Go only has gen 1 at the moment. And of course that's what they'd start out with. Other gens will likley come later. Have patience.
>>
File: 1458153806140.png (292 KB, 800x718) Image search: [Google]
1458153806140.png
292 KB, 800x718
>>27100333
>How do you feel that Pokemon is once again a massive phenomenon?
>>
>>27100333
Wouldn't Grindr be considered a satanic Grindr?
>>
go was definitely a success for what it was supposed to be, but you're deluded if you think the hype will last until sm's release and people who spam memes on facebook, reddit and /v/ right now will be actually interested in that game
>>
>>27100333
They're not playing the mainline games like they were in the 90s though, so I don't care.
>>
>normies pick up sm because they want to catch up
>all those free wifi wins
>>
File: doubt.jpg (3 KB, 108x125) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
3 KB, 108x125
>>27100399

Pretty much this.

The Pokemon series, as it stands today, is not what people are shitposting on facebook and making news articles about.
Instead, we're going through the motions of typical childhood nostalgia for a point in the franchise that is completely incomparable to the modern games. The fact that virtually none of the fun and interesting gameplay features that make Pokemon what it is today are included in Go only serves to confirm this.

Also, if you think these memetastic phone users are going to buy a 3DS and SM you're severely deluded.
>>
Pokemania might be back, at least GO is the closest we've ever come to Pokemania 2
But don't you think it's a little early to say that when less than 1 week has passed since it happened?
>>
>>27100809
Also, if this leads to GF getting more sales, and then can use their franchise more creatively, then it's fantastic
Which it probably will, even if most won't buy any newer games

But if this "pokemania" is just limited to GO, and doesn't spread to the other games, or anything, then it's not really pokemania, but just a fad that might die down within one month
>>
>>27100399
Did people really not like gen 2? I was born the same year pokemon came out so by the time i played 250 was what i considered the "original" number of pokemon. Like I remember only being 150 but gen 2 seemed like such an easy transition since Togepi, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Marrill were featured in the show when I was a kid.
>>
>>27100914

Gen 2 is my favourite, felt like such an improvement on the flaws of the first games and the character designs are really good
>>
File: ibegtodiffer.png (64 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ibegtodiffer.png
64 KB, 200x200
>>27100333
You're jumping the gun so hard you're gonna break the damn thing. See if this lasts a month, then you can maybe possibly remotely consider this a true revival. Kind of.
>>
>>27100333
So... What do Elizabeth Jeremiah Global Worldwide Ministries in Jesus know about Grindr?
>>
>>27100914
I did say plus Johto, and that's mostly because Johto was seen as an extension of Kanto. It was like a true sequel whereas admittedly the new games from Gen 3 and up are more standalone.
>>
>>27101016
Now that's nostalgia. Crazy religious people freaking out over a video game. Good times.
>>
>>27100700
>>27100809

This. If the app has cost ANY money, the amount of players would have dropped tenfold. People like it because it's FREE*

*plus microtransactions
>>
>>27101016
I was kinda thinking the same thing. That or the fact that the pic might have been one of those Make-your-own churchboard things. Either way, it's still funny.
>>
>>27100914
No, we normies like Gen 2 and a little bit of 3 but anything after that is literally fucking cancer and will be ignored.
>>
File: lol.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>27101227
>>
>>27100333
Please tell me this place is a Poke Stop or Gym
>>
>>27101457
It mostly likely is, which is just delightful.
>>
>>27101468
>>27101457
Not sure but Westerboro is a Gym. It's been taken control by somebody with a Clefairy named LoveIsLove. They're trying to fight back with a Jigglypuff, but they're surrounded so they don't have a chance in hell.
>>
>>27100700
This. It's 110 dollars at a minimum to play SM, that's completely different from a free phone game. If it cost even .99 cents, you'd see way less users.
Also, I really doubt the long term appeal, even if they roll out trading quickly.
>>
it's a fad based on nostalgia

no one will care in a month
>>
Fucking normies.
>>
>my church is a pokestop
>pop a Lure Module during service
>tons of people staring at phone most of the service
>>
File: 1467252901775.jpg (52 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1467252901775.jpg
52 KB, 680x680
>>27101758
The "normies" are the real pokemon masters. They're going out into the world to explore and catch pokemon. They're at the real life pokemon gyms right now, battling with their pokemon.

/vp/ is just a bunch of fake geek boys.

The tables have turned.
>>
Pokemania lasted for several years

Shit like these wont even last a month, even main game release still feel bigger.wait until someone baits 50 nerds with a charizard into a mass shooting
>>
>>27100333
>Pokemania is back
No, it isn't, this isn't near Pokemania levels.
You also have to take into account how much times have change, in a world of trends, Go won't last, people flooded into it to get in on the latest big fad, waiting for the next one to role in. So unless they give the game big drastic support and updates, it won't last.

Overall, I don't care. Go will be old news by years end, and I'll still be enjoying Pokemon, like I have been for the last 20 years.
>>
>>27101016
Also could they have a longer name for their church? Jesus Christ that's a mouthful. Probably as much of a mouthful as they get from using Grindr.
>>
>>27101016
>>27102558
It's not real. http://www.says-it.com/churchsigns/
>>
>>27101719
It's probably their neighbor at the Equality House.
>>
File: zibzibzib.png (209 KB, 404x379) Image search: [Google]
zibzibzib.png
209 KB, 404x379
>>27100333
>Congrats /vp/ you're actually a relevant board gain.
That mean we are getting raided by normies and PokeGonades? No thank you
>>
>>27101775
Last night someone popped a lure on top of BLM protest
It was pretty interesting since it was BLM vs confeds or some shit idk I just got my fucking Meowth and moved on
>>
>>27100333
Such a bad shop
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.