[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Nintendo could create a game that allowed you to go to every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: MqJUwhb.jpg (246 KB, 740x888) Image search: [Google]
MqJUwhb.jpg
246 KB, 740x888
If Nintendo could create a game that allowed you to go to every region, how would it work?
>>
Horribly
>>
it wouldnt
>>
At most they might be able to make a game with all the Japan-based regions. Anything beyond that would be horrific failure.
>>
2 years guys.
>>
>>27099959
Did this even end? After a while i couldn't find any more chapters, maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.
>>
>>27099959
>Nintendo
>a game
>not necessary a pokemon game
>every region
like hyrule or something?
>>
File: Uk5v7DC.png (527 KB, 690x1950) Image search: [Google]
Uk5v7DC.png
527 KB, 690x1950
>>27100048
The guy had to leave for Korean military training if I can remember correctly, however, he should only have 1 year left now.
>>27100062
Use your brain you autist.
>>
>>27100081
Shit that sucks, hope he makes it out alright
>>
>>27100081
I used.
you never wrote anything meaning that is a Pokemon game
Not even mentioned GF
>>
File: images.jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15 KB, 384x384
It would be terrific if they put the work in and made one with a Pokéairport where you randomly encounter flying types during the flight. Make it less linear, more open world. Trainers can be fought like 1 time a day, so you can build up money for the expensive flights. Scatter the 900 Pokémon to the regions, it has infinite replay value and name it Pokémon Legacy.
>>
>>27100117
>after defeating the elite four in all regions you unlock the PWT
>but you have to go back and recruit characters for it, each of which has a full team with 50/100 level adjustment
>>
It would be one of the following

1 extremely underleveled gyms
2 extremely slow grind
3 soft reset when getting to a new region, so you can't use high level pokes right away
4 completely rewrite how the leveling system has always been, like max level being 300 or something
5 can only use omns of a certain level for each gym
>>
File: allthegensinonegamehooraaaay.png (204 KB, 1392x890) Image search: [Google]
allthegensinonegamehooraaaay.png
204 KB, 1392x890
>>27099975
>>27099979
/thread

But if you really want an argument see picrelated
>>
>>27099959
every new region, the old pokemons in your pc are locked until you got your eight badge
>>
File: 1458975440367.png (111 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
1458975440367.png
111 KB, 417x234
>>27100081
>1 year passes
>he doesn't return
i've been waiting for him since he left
>>
>>27099959
Raise level cap to 9999
>>
>>27100223
If i understand correctly RGB and RSE take place at the same time the GSC and DPPt are 2(?) years after that. If BW take place at the same time as RGB then B2/W2 take place at the same time as GSC. I am sure XY and SM will fit in there somewhere. You could literally play a side character who is experiencing the events the proper protags are doing through tv commercials or flat out coming behind Oak right after Red wins sort of things. It would be a whole new spin and let you experience all the stories without messing with them. You would need a 2 years later kind of scene in the middle of the game with only the selected story regions available during the correct time, maybe Johto could have a pre-story area you could visit that wouldn't take up too much space. This would also let them introduce the types throughout game play.
>Beat the GBC/RSE/BW side stories with original types only
>insert subplot about studying pokemon types for "two year"
>discover dark and steel
>decide to travel again with this new information
>GSC/DPPt/B2W2 side plots
>Another studying subplot
>Discover Fairy type
>XY/SM
>>
File: ThisIsAThingApparently.png (342 KB, 500x1007) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsAThingApparently.png
342 KB, 500x1007
>>27100430
This makes it even easier to establish it, with three spaces, and only giving you two regions to explore at first, then three, then a brief interlude in unova, then two-three regions again(depending on SM)
also totes samefag
>>
>>27100366
+ make the game similar to Elona with many side quest and no main goal
>>
File: 1467322067349.jpg (105 KB, 700x914) Image search: [Google]
1467322067349.jpg
105 KB, 700x914
>>
>>27100223
>It would take too long to reconstruct the maps

LOL, what.
>>
>>27100062
Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff of Dynasty Warriors, not Zelda.
>>
>>27099975
>>27099979
>>27100223
Thank goodness reason still runs strong here.
>>
>>27099959
It'd have to be on the home console considering the amount of data needed to fit not only all the pokemon, but the bigass map.
>>
>>27102320
Well they're not going to leave everything as-is for the games that aren't made on the scale of Sun/Moon.
>>
>>27100045

>korea
>drafting

Feelsbadman
>>
It wouldn't work, but if I were to entertain the mere thought, I'd say that it would end up being nothing like the Pokemon games we're used to. It would likely have to be some sort of MMO or at least based on one. Or it could become a genre on its own called "Monster Capture" or something laced with RPG elements like its handheld counterparts.

An Elder Scrolls-based Pokemon game might also work, with radiant quest lines and shit. You could basically play the whole game without even touching the main quest line. Regions can be added via DLC and/or patches.

Either way, it would take up complete overhaul for a game with every region to even be remotely feasible. Also, Nintendo would never do something like this. It would have to be a PC game.
>>
>every region
We haven't even seen every region.
>>
I can make it so that pokemon game work on 5 region pokemon game at most... So here's my DUMB idea

>Level cap is at 200
>Badge limits trainable pokemon by 5 level each
>i.e. You need 1 badge to control lv 5 poke, 2 badge to control lv 10, ... , you need 40 badges to control level 200 pokemon. (8 badges per region, from 5 region)
>You can't overtrain your pokemon, or it will disobey you Cheryzurd style.
>You need to change pokemon, forcing you to catch all sort pokemon in case you overlevel your main pokemon-fill that pokedex!

I told you it was dumb
>>
>>27099959
You'd be in charge of building your father's Pokemon company into an international presence, meaning that you'll manage subordinate trainers, large quantities of Pokemon, facilities, resource gathering and sales, and personal interaction as you scout locations and deal with unique issues.
>>
>>27103309
Basically Pokémon Reborn.
>>
>>27102320
Yes, the maps are reconstructed in every remake. This is why things like the Monorail over route 32 exist in the remakes. Hoenn was rebuilt from the ground up, something you'll notice if you count steps between locations in the originals and remakes.
>>
>>27100430
No, BW has to take place at least a few years after ORAS/Kanto. ORAS's sea museum has a model of the Royal Unova and mentions that it's just begun construction.
>>
>>27099959

its the not so distant future
physical game carts are no more, games are basically played from a cloud and arent even actually stored on your handheld, only save file and personal data are.
you are now basically buying one-time-pay access to games
pokemon "versions" are no more.
instead, there is simply "the" Pokémon game.
In its initial release it was basically another remake of RGBY.

Then a "hub" was added
In the hub, you have your customizable trainer and walk around with it like in a battle frontier, having access to: a wifi-arena, event-corner, battle shop, daycare area, training facility, pokebank and an ever increasing amount of battle facilities and minigames

and of course after this, you access the RGBY-remake from the hub, where it is called "Kanto-Episode I", and you still turn into the protagonist of said game while playing it.

later, they slowly added more and more of the games now renamed as "region-episode I" and you can siwtch between any of them as you go along, always having access to all the boxed pokemon in the bank feature.

whenever a new region/game was added, any mechanics and graphics updates came along with it, they were also applied to all the previous games (which were already programmed with this in mind from the beginning)

additional episodes started to come out starting with "Hoenn-Episode II", which were basically sequels changing a lot of things and adding content and story on top of the previous game.

of course entirely new regions were also added as usual.

and with all these changes to how the main games are handled, the "all regions in one game" idea was by that point simply redundant, as now any of the regions were accessible and kept updated already anyway.
>>
I'd rather they let me design a satisfying region.

a good amount of length but something that wouldn't take forever or you could finish in less than a day.
>>
It would be as shallow my bathtub.
>>
>>27105603
>let ME design a satisfying region
Design one here.
>>
File: tal.jpg (69 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
tal.jpg
69 KB, 320x310
>>27100223
>THIS IS YOUR WHOLE WHY ULTIMATE IDEA IS GAME PRETTY DAMN SHITTY <3
>>
>>27100223
I think it's fair to say that the comments in that picture aren't from somebody that knows much of what they're talking about, but given that the desires for a multi-region game come from bigger idiots it comes across as well informed.
>>
>>27099959
Awful. Let's discuss Courtney instead
>>
>>27099959
"You can control only pokemon below XX lvl" badge's effect works only in region of badge. It forces you to beat new region with new pokemons and let you beat elite 4 with any team you want.
>>
Why not make it an mmo of sorts? You can start in a region you want to pick a starter you want and go from there. Make it non-linear and an open world. I see itnlike the old WoW hunter system. Not sure as ive havent played WoW since BC.
>>
>>27109769
Autistic or Robot?
definitely waifu material

>>27109931
This is actually pretty plausible, just add a completely different character that travels to every region.
>>
God, I hope they don't. I much prefer the post-Gen 2 idea of just making one much larger, more interesting region, than featuring two lackluster regions.

If they did, a conceivable system that wouldn't involve entirely changing the battle system or fucking with the balance of one region, would be some sort of gym-badge "passport" system, where you only have clearance within that region to use Pokemon below level 20, below level 30, etc., with the bullshit story excuse that using Pokemon outside of your clearance level disqualifies you from that region's league.
>>
>>27099975
>>27099979
Exactly.
>>
I would be fine with it if every region had a soft/hard reset.

Like you bring you level 60 Pokemon to Johto and everything soft resets to 5 or 6
>>
>>27100092
>>27100253
while you wait, you can follow the artist on twitter

https://twitter.com/kdk5011
>>
>>27109931
Good idea.
She is one of the few examples where autism can actually be a good thing.
>>
>>27111185
How long is he there until? It feels like its been a year at least.
>>
>>27109965
I would play this. How would it work?
>>
>>27109965
>>27112317
I can see this happening, but you would have to keep the Pokemon from one region inside that region, otherwise you could go to a new region with level 100 Pokemon.
>>
File: t001.jpg (198 KB, 690x2400) Image search: [Google]
t001.jpg
198 KB, 690x2400
>>27112145
1 year to go anon, just hang on.
>>27110000
Literally my autistic chuunibyou waifu.
>>
File: Ckw0yn3VAAE6c-8.jpg (107 KB, 889x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ckw0yn3VAAE6c-8.jpg
107 KB, 889x1200
>>27111185
aw shit, he drew chicken-chan!
qt!
>>
>>27102342
A-are you fucking stupid or something?
>>
File: 1426567094381.png (532 KB, 428x700) Image search: [Google]
1426567094381.png
532 KB, 428x700
>>27099959
Well it could be an MMO
>>
I know this thread is dead but still want to ask, what if it is a game without "story"?
-You can chose in what region start
-Gym lvl scaled based on the average lvl or your team
-Game have day and night (so it can count days)
-When you got the 8 badges you can enter a league "like the anime" but with region lock Pokemon's, if you win it you can Challenger the E4 of the region if not need to wait X days in game to play the league again (something like a league each 30 days bases on the date of you first time), so you can visit another region meanwhile and don't stall
-When you complete all regions you unlock a region free league with a new E4
>>
File: Missing.png (194 KB, 1360x3604) Image search: [Google]
Missing.png
194 KB, 1360x3604
>>27099959
Perhaps, but only if they'd raise lvl limit to 256 again.

The level gap would be just too big otherwise
>>
>>27112967
Nope. I can't say the same about you though.
>>
>>27100223
4) and 5) are valid points, but I can easily refute the other points
>1)
Pokemon Bank or cloud-based storage
>2)
GF could easily do what they did with Johto and have most of the story be contained to the main region, and then the rest just purely exist for exploration purposes.
>3)
Well then don't have the trainer force restart. Make it a choice if they want a new starter and the player can decide on their own if they want to make a new team or steamroll through the game with their main region Pokemon like the faggots they are. As for the post-E4 bullshit this guy is spouting, GF could easily make a battle frontier somewhere on the XBOX HUEG map and have that be that since technically the other regions could count as post-game content assuming they are doing the Johto way. Also legendaries would be no problem as they could just sprite a generic cave and Pokemon sprite and call it a day, or even do the more lazy ORAS way and just make it some ring bullshit in the middle of no where.
>6)
Honestly I am not even sure where this guy is pulling the WAN HUNDRED DOLLAROOS from, unless he is talking about the production taking such a huge amount of time and with the employees needing a wage throughout, they'd have no choice but to raise the price of the game to keep it profitable. I'll give him this point, assuming he's not being retarded but I honestly don't think the price would be $100 in the near future, considering mega games have been and are currently being developed and sold for cheaper (The new Zelda game for instance). At the very least, if the game wasn't all regions but instead 4, it would most likely only be 10-20 dollars more, and probably less if they are reusing assets. And then if they add all regions, it would probably only be 30-40 dollars more. However, the GF being Jewish and wanting you to buy more games is a valid and strong point as to not make a mega game.

All in all, this idea still is doable but not entirely profitable.
><3
Back2Reddit
>>
>>27119078
Also might as well add that while this isn't profitable now, it could be in the future, especially if they're planning to end the franchise and make one last bigger game. Do I think they'll do all regions? Probably not, and I wouldn't really want them to either. But I can see them adding in some of the best known or best fitted regions, like Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto, Maybe Aloha, etc.
>>
>>27119140
Another big problem would be music compression and composition. If GF really wanted to, they could redo every track from each region, which would take considerable time, and compressing it would actually take a lot space up on disk/cartridge. Smash Bros for Wii U was a game with a shit ton of music, and a lot of it's file size (16gbs iirc), believe it or not, came from music alone. Now GameFreak could be absolute scum and compress the soundtrack at low Kbps to save space, and I honestly wouldn't doubt they would try this given their track record on the 3DS games.

Better hardware could easily handle what the 3DS can't so I honestly wouldn't think hardware would be an issue in the near future either. The game also wouldn't need to be on Wii U, and that poster is an idiot if he really thinks these region maps are hardware intensive, especially the older ones. If it was 2D, it could probably even go on handheld, and I'd prefer it since I want another 2D/semi-3D game like gen 4 again. Shit was mad comfy.
>>
>>27100081
Free gooberman
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.