[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pokemon is more likely to be male than female >therefore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: d0f.png (14 KB, 451x560) Image search: [Google]
d0f.png
14 KB, 451x560
>pokemon is more likely to be male than female
>therefore all pokemon of that species are male and can only be referred to using male pronouns
Do you call your mom dad and say he and him to your girlfriend as well?
>>
Yes.
>>
Mom is an individual, not a species.
Humans as a species are referred to with male pronouns. As far as people calling the entire species Men.
>>
>>27098283
This
>>
>>27098283
So if I post this image and say "she is literally perfect, I love her", you won't reply to my post with >she and >her?
>>
>>27098431
I would because Monalisa is actually Leonardo Da Vinci.
>>
>>27098431
You sound like you're confusing legit gender discussion and troll posts about >he and >she
>>
>>27098283
That happens because of the patriarchy. I always refer humans as she and her if it's not specified.
>>
>>27098777

I do exactly the same. It sounds better anyway.
>>
>>27098777
>>27098810
What an overly pretentious cunts you are. Why are you so stubborn that you misuse language for the sake of standing out?
>>
Why do people refer to ships and countries as her?
>>
>>27099689
Countries because in most Indo-European languages gender exists beyond biology, so lots of languages refer to "country" as a feminine noun.
>>
>>27098229
>can only be referred to using male pronouns
except that gets
>he
The only proper pronoun for pokemon is "it"
>>
>>27098431
Mona lisa is actually davinci's MALE assistant
>>
>>27099743
Oh yeah, doesn't Japan have no words for he/she/it, which is why the anime never specifies?
>>
>>27099743
So I should call my individual gendered Pokemon "it" despite him or her having a confirmed and inarguable gender?
>>
>>27099689
Ships are usually named after women, it's a subculture thing with seafarers
>>
>>27099787
You could
>>
>>27099787
Do you call your pets she, he or it?
>>
>>27099755
No, they do.
>>
>>27099755

They do, but people tend to address people by name or generic titles.

彼 (kare) he
彼女 (kanojo) she
それ (sore) it
>>
>>27099689
Because we defend our mother(land), and our mother(ship) holds us in her belly, defending us against the outside storm.
>>
>>27098431
No, because that's a specific individual whose gender is known.
>>
>>27099843
I call my male dog he.
>>
>>27099787
An individual can be referred to as he or she (though it isn't in official media)
A species should always be referred to as it (an exception may be made for 100% gender ratio)
>>
Someone post the style guide that shows that pokemon are to be referred to as "it" and not gender specific singular pronouns
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.