[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the "leaked starters" become real that means that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 14325880029924.gif (606 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
14325880029924.gif
606 KB, 500x363
If the "leaked starters" become real that means that S&M are not going to have gyms
>>
Oh shit, that's right
>>
>>27087649
That was a translation error you idiot. The """"leaker"""" meant that there was no INFO about gyms yet
>>
Which evos are u talking about? Robin hoot and friends?
>>
I'd rather there be no gyms than 'gyms' with a max 3 Pokémon that I can steamroll even on an underlevelled nuzlocke
>>
Fine by me. Gyms are just framing. There's plenty of ways for them to give us a full, fleshed out adventure without adhering to the Gym structure and formula.
>>
>>27087704
Nah, there's no gyms.
>>
>>27087704
sauce?
Just want to know because no gyms would be really fucking stupid.
>>
It's possible the leak is right and the "leaked" sketches are fake.

Coz they are. Trust me.
>>
>>27088112
But the adventure is going to all the gyms.
>>
>>27087704
They later went back and said it actually seems like they're really saying no gyms.
>>
>>27088162
Has been before. Doesn't have to be.

Could adventure for the sake of adventure.
>>
>>27088126
>needs no sauce on there being no gyms
>needs sauce on it being a mistranslation, and it just said no info on gyms
>>
>>27088185
Doesn't have to be. Should be.

Get over it.
>>
The more I think about it, the less I think we really need Gyms. XD and Colosseum carried a story without them, and instead had a few colosseums and facilities.
>>
File: Kyubi.png (156 KB, 611x224) Image search: [Google]
Kyubi.png
156 KB, 611x224
>>27088218
Oh man, you are going to hate SM.

There are a lot of changes and shake ups.
>>
>>27088218
Well that's a dandy opinion. I'd personally like to see them take a swing at a game that doesn't revolve around the gyms. Or a fucktarded plot with the evil teams, either.
>>
>>27087649
Keep the gyms but get rid of the dumb evil team
>>
>>27087649

Look at the fucking map

There clearly are gyms
>>
>>27088218
>he wants the series to be the same thing over and over 20 years in a row
>only justification is "it should be"
>>
>>27087649
Why
>>
>>27087649
That isn't necessarily a bad thing. What if in this game you found the gyms and pick the gym leaders and then in S2/M2 you get to battle the same gyms you founded in the previous game. That would be great IMO.
>>
File: 250px-101Electrode.png (56 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-101Electrode.png
56 KB, 250x250
There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with not having gyms. They'll just replace them with various quests, side quests, specialized trainers, etc.

>people play same game for 20 years
>complain about it being the same game for 20 years
>someone suggests they change the formula after 20 years
>you can't change that! after 20 years that formula is sacred!
>>
File: masuda (2).png (183 KB, 336x434) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
183 KB, 336x434
>>27087649
>>
Link to the leak OP is talking about?
>>
The chinese leak might be real (it will likely be proven either right or wrong in the coming weeks or months), but it's GUARANTEED that the "leaked starters" are fake. Yes, the starters will be an archer, wrestler and siren if the chinese leak is legit. No, they will not be the fakemon art floating around. That artwork was merely a correct guess AT BEST.
>>
>>27087649
I'm perfectly fine with them changing things up.
>>
>>27089618
We've been talking about it nonstop for 2 fucking days

There's literally 4-5 threads open right now about it

It's all over Smogon, Neogaf, Youtube, even Twitter

Quit being a newfag. I know on certain websites you're used to, you have upboated links that you can click on since you lack the basic patience to sift through other threads, but jesus christ, try not to out yourself so easily
>>
File: 1468196088593.gif (32 KB, 300x205) Image search: [Google]
1468196088593.gif
32 KB, 300x205
>>27089618
>>
>no gyms

YES
OH GOD PLEASE
>>
>>27089648
I dont browse /vp/ regularly
Nor do I go to any of those other places
>>
>>27089666
>I don't browse /vp/ regularly

So you come on after not being on for a while and you don't look at the catalog to see what everyone's been talking about while you were away?
>>
>>27089685
I have looked at the catalog, its mostly pokemon GO stuff.
>>
>>27088272
>xD
Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>27087649
even better!
>>
>>27089648
>writing all this bible instead of the link
>>
So if they show gyms on coro coro does that disprove the wrestler cat and friends?
>>
>>27089846
Technically not, but they should be considered fake anyway.
>>
>>27089648
Found it

What underwhelming rumors, I dont know why I bothered
>>
>>27089799
>4 sentences is a bible

summer truly is upon us
>>
>>27089648
Stupid rumors like this are only ever really spammed on here, almost no one else gives a shit because they're obviously fake.
>>
Just wanted to point out that the guy who gives us the Strange Souvenir mentions a few things.

>He is not from any region that is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos, meaning that he could be from Alola.
>He gives out the Strange Souvenir, which resembles a closed Tapu Koko (or rather, another island guardian that isn't Tapu Koko)
>He mentions that his region has a facility that we wouldn't believe (personally, I think he's referring to the man-made island because it looks like an underwater Battle Tower to me, idk)
>He mentions that the Champion of his region is a really cool guy.

See, a lot of people forget that he brings up a champion. Which means that, if he is indeed from Alola, then Alola should have a Champion, which means that Alola has a Pokemon League.
>>
>>27090353
What if the cool guy he mentions is the Sun/Moon Player Character
>>
>>27090353
ORAS took place 3 years before XY. No reason the Champion can't literally be the PC.
>>
>>27090353
If the leak's real, maybe it just means that X/Y is taking place after S/M chronologically. GF clearly planned S/M since X/Y, so it's not entirely impossible.
>>
>>27089695
>Not knowing there was a game for the gamecube titled "Pokemon XD"
Holy shit, the period right before the XD should have tipped you off.
>>
>>27090383
>>27090387
>>27090398
True. Well, Corocoro could leak at any moment, and if it showcases one of the Pokemon concepts the leak mentions, then it's all over.
>>
>>27090473
Found the newfriend
>>
>>27088162
sounds like the new adventure is going to all the islands and challenging their leaders
>>
maybe we get to make our own gyms instead and battle people online in their gyms
>>
>>27088126
Hi
>>
>>27090537
shut the fuck up, tripfag
>>
>>27091064
>XD
Lel

In all seriousness this game was pretty cool. Especially with the double battles. Though the fact that you could only catch 9 wild pokemon was pretty disappointing
>>
>>27090564
This would be a cool shift, because it creates more of an episode for each boss.
>>
Wasn't the actual leaker saying something about the reason there is no gyms is because we get to make our own instead?

If so, wouldn't that basically mean that in this Gen, the gym leaders are everyone in the world, pretty much? Meaning that you too can become a gym leader and be a massive faggot towards trainers with your own comfy gym full of shit to deal with.
>>
>>27089695
I hope this is bait. Or some new never-reached-before level of autism.
>>
>>27091535
I would make a gym one the very first town where all the new comers go to get there first badge.

my team will be all level 100
the prize will be called the dark souls badge
>>
>>27090537
Why the fuck are you even tripping.
Summer + pokémon go really brought us shitloads of normies.
>>
>>27087649
Which would be an I credibly dumb thing to do for the 20th anniversary of the series. Especially when Go--which is the most normie casual play to win bullshit--has gyms. It makes no sense to remove a core function of main games.

Removing gyms would be like removing evolution.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 207x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 207x253
>>27089644
>but it's GUARANTEED that the "leaked starters" are fake. Yes, the starters will be an archer, wrestler and siren if the chinese leak is legit. No, they will not be the fakemon art floating around. That artwork was merely a correct guess AT BEST
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.