[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey so I haven't had a handheld in years, and the very last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Hey so I haven't had a handheld in years, and the very last game I played was Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. (Lost my DS and games, RIP all those legendaries and other stuff.) And after playing Pokemon GO, I really want to get back into pokemon.

So what are good places to find a good condition used 3DS? I don't really trust ebay, so, eh. And with that in mind, should I buy both Sun and Moon or just one of them? I bought both Diamond and Pearl so I could have the Pearl exclusive pokemon on my Diamond copy, so I want to consider doing the same for Sun and Moon.
>>
/vp/? ;_;
>>
>>27085001
Just get a 2ds and get sun or moon
>>
>>27085001
You should kill yourself, it'll be quicker.
>>
>>27085089
Well I wouldn't know much about ebay but there's probably some system in place that shows you how trustworthy the seller is.Like it or not,it'd be the cheapest place with a lot of variety.
Just get one of them,remember to learn the version-exclusive pokés before you do so,you don't want to miss out on ones you might like.
>>
I got a used pink 3ds for 90 bucks on amazon. Get Only sun or moon, since wondertrade is a thing now, which is basically you trading off a pokemon for some other pokemon someone else is trading off at the same time.
>>
Just trade instead of buying the same game twice
>>
>>27085126
>2DS
Looks so fucking silly. Any reason to do a 2DS over a 3DS?

>>27085167
I wouldn't know if there is a system like that in place, but in any case if I really have to, I'll check out ebay. And I really like the legendary of Moon, so I'll probably go with that. The Sun one just looks like a reskinned Entei.

>>27085183
Gotcha, I'm dumb to not think of amazon.
>>
>>27085249
Most game stores sell secondhand cheap aswell. And pawn shops.
Just get ORAS and play.

2ds > 3ds because 2ds is comfy in your hands
>>
>>27085458
But dude, 2DS would fucking silly in public.

>inb4 going outside
>inb4 playing your handheld in public
>>
>>27085249
the reason is that you save over $100 you get a 2DS vs an N3DS
>>
>>27085566
Ah true I suppose.
>>
Similair situation here. Stopped playing after D/P. Should I start with White or can I just skip that and go with White 2?
>>
Wait until Amazon Prime Day and go here https://www.amazon.com/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Black/dp/B00S1LRX3W

They usually go on sale. If not check Walmart that's where I bought mine. It was on sale for $160 at the time.

Make sure you have a top panel that's IPS. If you don't know what that is look up IPS vs TN panels on google.
>>
>>27085590
White 2 is better in every way

it's a sequel but you don't need to play through White to understand it
>>
>>27085001
Just try to find a 3DS on a firmware that allows homebrew and downgrade it then hack it, or better yet find a 9.2 3DS so you hack it without downgrading. Then you don't need to buy SM, you can just pirate it.

Also you should try HGSS and the Unova games, they're both pretty great (though some people disagree about the latter games) and easily emulated.
>>
>>27085590
I personally recommend playing White 1 first, since it's nice to see the characters change between games (think of how Kanto changed between RBY and GSC), but like the other anon said it isn't strictly necessary and White 2 is the better game content-wise so there's nothing wrong with just skipping there.
>>
>>27085663
>>27085699
Alright thanks. I looked at some of the differences between B and W, can't really decide. Which one is the more popular choice?
>>
>>27085847
I personally like White and its sequel more for the aesthetic differences between the region (Unova is the only place with changes to the region itself). The music specifically is what tips me over, since there are several songs that are different between games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXrvMa8l2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn0Fe3FKbco

https://youtu.be/Qp944dY2Rdc
https://youtu.be/Si7P7eRTPHo
>>
>>27085847
White because of Kyurem.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.