[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys, I need you. Me and my gf were bored so we decided to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-07-10 12.37.25.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-10 12.37.25.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Ok guys, I need you.

Me and my gf were bored so we decided to buy Pokemon X&Y (pic related). We haven't played any pokemon game since generation 1 so we're pretty green now. Which should I choose? Why?

TL;DR which is better?

inb4 bait: I'm genuinely asking
>>
>>27078224
there aren't many difference

do you like deers or birds ?
>>
>>27078224
depends really..

do you prefer, lgbtqxyz deer? then choose x
or death bird? choose y

other than that, they're basically the same game
ofc, minus a few pokemon exclusives..which you can find here
http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml
>>
The only difference between the games are the Pokémon you can catch and a small bit of the story.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Look over there and look at which Pokémon you prefer to have in your game.
>>
>>27078250
>>27078248
>>27078247

I read somewhere that X has better legendaries (is it the right term?). Is it true or BS?
>>
>>27078256
on a comp aspect yes...xerneas is a wee bit better than yveltal...with its OP move Geomancy
both are still great pokemon tho
>>
File: adf.jpg (17 KB, 392x392) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
17 KB, 392x392
>>27078224
>We haven't played any pokemon game since generation 1
>>
>>27078256

Competitive-wise, yes. But in-game it doesn't really matter.
Oh, and items (read: Megastones) are different in the games too. Some Megastones can only be obtained in one version.
>>
>>27078276
This is the kind of people Pokèmon GO has brought here.

We're gonna be flooded by normies
>>
>>27078224
Quick question, OP. You mentioned that you haven't played since gen 1. So what motivated you to play again? Was is GO, all this 20th anniversary marketing, the new games debuting later this year, or just a whim?

Also, neat little factoid. But you can obtain every* pokemon if you own all 4 gen 6 games (X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire) in case you wanna complete the pokedex

*you can't get the mythics like Arcues, Mew, Celebi etc naturally in game
>>
>>27078286
He also has a gf. Fucking disgusting.
>>
If you have Y chromosome, take the Y.
>>
Disregard the guys who talk shit. Always nice to have returning fans.

Now, the only real difference is a few megastones and the legendary. Just pick what legendary you think look the coolest, because the megastones are after the mainstory and you can just trade with eachother then.

Also you picked a great game OP, there's a ton of fanservice for Gen 1 players in XY
>>
>>27078286
>new people buying Pokemon games because if Go
>company of franchise I like gets more money
>company can use money for development
>worried that those new people will ruin this board
>implying this board wasn't already shitty
>>
>>27078287

>So what motivated you to play again?
It's a mix of things.

I can't really say it wasn't because of GO. A lot of coworkers of mine are playing it. I tried it for 20 minutes and found it boring. Also, recently I was chatting with my gf about games and we wanted something long lasting to play and share (I play A FUCKING LOT of games, she plays casually, mostly zelda titles)... you can see where this is going. We have played the first gen A LOT at the time so we thought "it wasn't that bad, let's give it another try".

I couldn't care less about the anniversary thing and marketing.

I can't really say I'm not a normie, sorry guys.

>>27078286
I'm sort of sorry about that :(

>>27078315
Cool! Thanks!
>>
>>27078316
The problem is that Game Freak is not a smart company, they often pander to the lowest common denominator. OP is obviously not part of that group because he seems to have done a small amount of research.
If GO brings in this many new players, expect the next mainline Pokémon game to be freemium shovelware.
>>
>>27078336
>have to pay to get mythical Pokemon DLCs
>>
>>27078287
>in case you wanna complete the pokedex
OP again. I'm not excluding this honestly. Will see how much this will engage me. Are the other titles worth it? I see you haven't mentioned black/white 1&2, is there a reason?
>>
How good is XY from a newbie/normalfag perspective? I know it gets shitposted to death here, but they're honestly some of the easiest games, and I've heard stories about kids getting bored of them. Maybe OP should emulate something like HGSS to start with instead?
>>
>>27078224
Have your special lady choose the box art she likes more then you take the other one.

The games are the same but slightly different. Do not worry about the "better" legendary. You can have anyone trade you an extra legendary of the opposite cart for you to use.

If you are mega-casuals, then the X legendary has an advantage over the Y
>>
>>27078386
>Have your special lady choose the box art she likes more then you take the other one.

Haha, now that you mention it, she wanted the blue (X) one because she dislikes the red color. The only thing is that I was prone to choose X too because when I was 12 I really enjoyed and have good memories of Pokemon blue.

I'm probably going to be nice and leave her what she wants and get Y :)
>>
>>27078364
I would definitely suggest them, myself. Black/White has a pretty decent story for Pokemon, and to me it really felt brand new since they don't have any of the old Pokemon in it, it's just all new all the time.

Black 2/White 2 adds in old Pokemon, which I didn't really like but that's just personal preference, and it has a lot more interesting stuff to dick around with, like a movie studio where you make little short films. More importantly, there's the Pokemon World Tournament, where you can fight all the gym leaders and it's my favorite thing in all these games.
>>
>>27078408
Dont fret the version. It's all equal but a choice of preference. Like choosing the starters back in red/blue. Just enjoy it.

>>27078373
XY is great from a casual perspective. HGSS is best if you want to enjoy the best/most solid pokemon game made. ORAS is shit and I would not recommend getting it now before SM comes out.
>>
>>27078428
>>27078411

OP here. Very n00b question: let's say I have all generations for ds and have enough time (lol) to play them. Is there a way to have every pokemon with only one 3ds? I mean, is there a way to trade pokemons with old generations?
>>
>>27078475
Yes, but from 3-4 and 4-5 you need either a second 3DS or a regular DS.
>>
>>27078475
you can basically get the full pokedex between just XY and ORAS, don't even need the DS games
>>
>>27078224
After XY buy all the others (choose Y)

The only true answer is buy them all, play them all and enjoy them all without prejudiced for the games they are.
>>
>>27078475
I believe so, honestly I don't actually worry about catching them all, but with the originals having come out on the 3ds shop, BW/BW2, X/Y, and ORAS I don't see why not. You can toss them all into another app thing on the 3ds called the Pokemon Bank and have them all together.
>>
>>27078514
Cool.

Ok last question, after that I'm probably going to disappear and starting to play Y.

Since we have XY now, and beside SM that are coming out in the few months, what are the other titles you consider a "must have"?
>>
>>27078514
If you have all the right tools you can trade pokemon all the way from Gen3
>>
>>27078475
If you have one copy of X, Omega Ruby and the Pokemon Bank you can basically have 80% of the pokedex with only one 3ds.
At that point you can trade what is missing by using the GTS online
>>
>>27078531
Have fun OP, come back to tell us about your adventure if you want
>>
>>27078531
Personally, I would say Heart Gold or Soul Silver(cough SS), and White and White 2, but I keep consistent colors for head canon.
>>
>>27078333
you're a great guy, I hope you and your gf will have fun playing XY.
Google up the version exclusives, and choose based on which pokémon you two like the most!
>>
>>27078531
HGSS and Platinum are both considered top tier. Emerald is pretty great too, all three are emulatable.
>>
Great! Thank you all for these great informations!

I'm going to play Y now :)

Cheers

OP out.
>>
File: Douglas MacArthur.jpg (51 KB, 400x258) Image search: [Google]
Douglas MacArthur.jpg
51 KB, 400x258
>PEGI
>not being American
>>
File: 1467068913307.jpg (85 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1467068913307.jpg
85 KB, 540x405
>It's another "I want to play Pokémon again but I haven't played since gen (insert number here) thread

Next you're going to find your old cards and ask us if they're rare and valuable
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.