[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Pokemania 2.0"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Would a second great Pokemon hype really be a bad thing?
>>
>>27078126
Yes, because it's an unhealthy pokemon hype. It's not by people that seriously love the franchise, it's by a series of normalfags jumping on the newest fad. It's going to die quickly, but in the meantime Nintendo will make enough money to convince themselves that we want casual phone cashgrabs instead of real fucking game. XYORAS were already casualized and rushed as fuck, I'm literally worried as hell for Sun and Moon.
>>
>normies

No thanks.
>>
>>27078166
give me an example of healthy hype dumbass
>>
>>27078126
I want to kiss Diancie!
>>
If it was a main series game, it would be a good thing. Unfortunately it's this casual phone game instead.
>>
>>27078186
b-but, she's black???
>>
>>27078186
Would you be her friend, /vp/?
>>
If a "pokemania 2.0" means GF gets more sales and will get to use their franchise more creatively, then this is definitely a good thing

but there are too many GOthreads on 4chan right now
>>
>>27078166
Stop acting like pokemon is some niche game. It has been infested with normalfags since 96.
>>
File: 1467876962213.jpg (65 KB, 1148x598) Image search: [Google]
1467876962213.jpg
65 KB, 1148x598
>>27078126

The hype of this free-to-play app game is nothing compared to what pokemania actually brought upon us. If you believe pokemon Go's level of popularity is pokemania 2.0, than your clearly don't know the what happened during pokemania itself.
>>
>>27078166
Pokemon is L-I-T-R-U-L-L-I-E babbies first JRPG.
>>
>>27078275
I'm aware that it didn't even start yet.
I live in a major first world country and there haven't been any big news, as far as I know.

And I don't see teenage Chads running like retards around in my city to catch le Pikamons xD.
>>
>>27078126
I didnt realize how much I missed her old hair untill now
>>
>>27078166
We already know that Sun and Moon will be casualized and rushed, it was confirmed that they started work on the games the day it was announced. I feel kinda bad for the people that are honestly hyped for it.
>>
File: hmm.png (418 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
418 KB, 640x480
>>27078126
I don't think so, personally. I'm sure it won't last though, considering it's, at least at the moment, still a pretty meh app. I'm enjoying it, but there's not a lot to keep people who never loved Pokemon interested for long. It might re-hook people who grew out of it, but I doubt it'd be too many.

I can understand why people who have stuck with the series would be upset though. New people who haven't been as dedicated popping up again and acting like Pokemon is a thing they care about is a bit annoying.
>>
>>27078300
>, it was confirmed that they started work on the games the day it was announced.

What

Do you think they made all that concept art in a few hours?
>>
I was pondering this long and hard yesterday. A fandom should never discourage more activity, regardless of what that activity may be. All fandoms have parts that people ignore in favor of the ones they like. This fandom has long been divided in such a way. Sometimes they can cross, but it's a rarity. I came in for the anime, got into the games, and abandoned the anime some time ago. My mind still remains in turmoil over the games, though. I got involved with the fanart and fanfiction community, the only place where I could make pokemon into whatever I wanted it to be. I believe there is something in pokemon for everyone, but whether they want to embrace it is their own decision.

We are not going to get the 90s again, though. That's just plain ludicrous.
>>
>>27078399
I totally agree there.
>>
>>27078399
Yeah, 90s levels of pokemania wont show up until we perfect real virtual reality, and people are able to actually immerse themselves in the game.
>>
File: Awwww.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Awwww.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
>>27078399
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.