[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen4 appreciation over here. I've seen few people who share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1466524281173.png (273 KB, 770x597) Image search: [Google]
1466524281173.png
273 KB, 770x597
Gen4 appreciation over here. I've seen few people who share my love for this generation, and would just like to ask, what makes you guys dislike it as much? imho almost every aspect is superior to the other pokemon games
>>
I didn't mind Gen 4. But basically anything would have been a step up after Gen 3.
>>
>>27077526
Gen 4 best gen.

People don't like it because many others like it.
>>
Most of my top 5 is from gen 4. Gliscor, Roserade and Magnezone.
>>
>harder than gen 3 and gen 2
>G R I N D I N G alot
>slow gameplay
>shit pokemon designs
atleast it brought the GTS
>>
>>27077526

Diamond and Pearl had a lot of problems with an unbalanced pokedex and some wonky game engine mechanics. Also it got REALLY out of hand with the number of HMs needed to traverse around the world map. (Defog? Rock Climb? Fucking really.) But they mostly got ironed out for Platinum.

Other than that Sinnoh is my favorite Pokemon region.
>>
>>27079086
>Game is too hard/too grindy

You're the cancer that kills pokemon
>>
well i played only diamond but platinum makes gen 4 good,since platinum deleted most of the mistakes diamond and pearl had
>>
it had the best music. bw wasn't bad either but dppt music is my favorite
>>
File: falseflaghumour.jpg (43 KB, 703x551) Image search: [Google]
falseflaghumour.jpg
43 KB, 703x551
>>27079086
>hard
>grinding
>>
>>27077526
Platinum is my second favorite main-series game,after B2W2.
I feel a lot of hate for gen 4, much like gen 5, comes from people who only played the first installments and just assumed every game after would be just as bad.
>>
>>27079086

>Harder
How is that even a problem? All /vp/ does now is complain how easy Pokemon is now. This isn't an issue.

>Grinding
I didn't have to grind once. What are you talking about? You just suck.

>Slow gameplay
Sure, it is a bit slow, but not nearly as bad as you faggots make it seem. I don't find any issues with it.

>Shitty Pokemon Designs
Very subjective and opinionated statement. I believe gen 4 to have some of the most solid designs, and definitely the best starters.
>>
>>27079185

Only time I had to grind was for Elite Four/Champion, and even then I still went up against Cynthia about 7-8 levels below her strongest.
>>
HG/SS and Platinum are objectively great games, they're behind B2/W2 as my favourites in the series, and anyone that hates them probably has shit taste.
>>
One of the best gens imo

-comfy
-actually kind of a challenge
-soundtrack
-great new mons
-could get event legendaries without events
-underground
>>
test
>>
>>27079291
Get back to whatever shithole you came from, fuckwad.
>>
I love generation IV,only issues I had are the slow gameplay and the distribution in DP until the radar.

Physical/special split is godlike though
>every generation keeps doing something to keep Gengar on top
>>
>>27079337
What'd gen 5 do?
>>
>>27079110

>>27079110

Seriously. I replayed Emerald before I grabbed ORAS and i had to grind a bit before every gym and then grinded hard to get everyone to level 50 before the elite 4, and then just BARELY defeated them.

Compared to ORAS where I battled only trainers unless I wanted to catch pokemon and with the OP exp share my entire team was level 60 before I fought steven, with no grinding whatsoever.

I never even blacked out/ lost a battle in ORAS until battle resort, was such a joke.

I enjoyed Emerald so much more, felt like I had accomplished something, but with ORAS it felt like I just destroyed everything with ease. Pokemon games need grinding, but at this rate, its just going to become childs play.
>>
>>27079245
exactly. gen 4 best gen
>>
it's got great mons and all the starters are great
>>
>>27079385
Sludge wave
>>
>>27079435

You do realize you get a level 70 Rayquaza before the E4 in Emerald right?
>>
>>27079505
Bomb is still superior with that 30% chance to poison. I rarely see Sludge Wave over Bomb.
>>
>>27079606
You see Wave more often because of Chesnaught depending on the tier
>>
>>27077526

Loved Torterra, Honchkrow, Starraptor, Gliscor, Magnezone, Tangrowth and Drapion.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.