[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
News coverage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
How does you news station handle something like this? Asking anyone with news video links.

This was national news in New Zealand tonight. And not like "and finally tonight". Like the second story of the bulletin. No joke.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/entertainment/pokemon-go-craze-catches-on-in-nz-2016071019
>>
>>27076876
Pokemon craze on the news makes me feel nostalgia as fuck
>>
This arboretum in Dallas is using Go as advertising. Their place has a shit load of spots so they show it in pics along with an invite with free parking and all that shit. Kinda cool.
>>
Every second person I see on the street is on Pokemon Go (I live in New Zealand) I feel like I'm back to being a little kid again with the craze, a lot of businesses/cafes are even advertising as a PokeStop which is cool.
>>
>>27076994
Seriously? Can you prove this?
>>
>>27076910
Businesses with pokestops nearby should invest in lure modules, a bar nearby where I live has 2 within range and has the lure modules going 24/7. I can't believe how many people are playing the game. The casuals will eventually get bored, but seeing everyone playing it is kinda neat, I've made a few friends with this game.
>>
>>27077004
Well I can't right now because I'm in bed.
Why do I need to prove it?...
>>
>>27077024
That's fucking brilliant. Never thought of it that way but when you have people going to a lure location it makes heaps of sense.

>>27077055
When you can if possible. Next official pokemon GO thread on /vp/ I guess. I lurk here most times. Will play GO properly tomorrow when walking.
>>
File: WERELEVANTAGAIN.png (20 KB, 309x505) Image search: [Google]
WERELEVANTAGAIN.png
20 KB, 309x505
>filename
>>
>>27077024
Yeah a lot of shops with nearby Pokestops have constant lures. I was talking to someone who said that where they work in the city is pretty insane, everyone is fighting over the gyms.
>>
>>27076876
God I hate this country. Our news rivals Fox News for being the absolute fucking epitome of shit.

Fuck New Zealand.
>>
>>27076876
To be fair, nothing ever happens in NZ, our news is always shit.

Fireman gets cat out of tree? FRONT PAGE NEWS
>>
>tfw live in rural wairarapa and there's literally fucking nothing here except Jynxes
>>
>>27077004
A friend told me he saw the same thing, and not even on the main city street where I believe some of that news footage was shot with the girl playing the game.

It's 10:45pm here though, so you won't be getting any proof any time soon, but it seems to be very common around here, unfortunately. Ironically, we seem to have had less trouble with server issues than the US.

Not sure why you find it hard to believe/need proof, but you know, whatever.
>>
>>27077767
I'd rather hear about the rescue of cats. The news is so fucking depressing and the positive stories which do get coverage are soppo human interest stories where a person with no legs was able to participate in a marathon or some shit
>>
>>27077078
>implying New Zealand was ever relevant
Our country is fucking shit and you know it.

>>27077767
Agreed.

>>27077812
Yep, if I ever watch the news (very rarely), I tend to watch the BBC, because it's not about some special snowflake or another child getting murdered.
>>
>>27077806
But do you REALLY want to live in Auckland? It's pretty crappy here.
>>
FUCK LIVING IN RURAL AREAS
I DIDNT FUCKING ASK FOR THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27077870
Better than bumfucknowhere 2bh
>>
>>27076876
The beech'd ez accent is real?!
>>
>>27076994
>>27077055
im at waikato uni, theres tons of people here ill take some pics soon
>>
>>27077767
my brother made the front page of the news paper because his 11th birthday fell on 11/11/11
>>
>>27076876
Why do sheepshaggers sound retarded?
>>
I live in western south dakota, and downtown in the city where I live there are 4 poke stops all huddled together. There are lure modules on the CONSTANTLY and there were literally over 100 people playing last night on this one intersection. My friend and I counted. It's nuts.
>>
>>27077767
Considering how fucking depressing the world is atm, I'd rather see this on the news and not police killing people..
>>
>>27078675
If you're an American, you tell us? Since you're the nation of complete retards.
>>
>>27076876
It wouldn't surprise me if this is a sponsored news thing. There was a weird amount of coverage on normal news channels for the Wii - just things like "old people in retirement home play bowling on crazy new console". It was all over the fucking place - we never get anything like that for any other gaming thing unless it's "kid kills schoolmates because of games".
>>
>>27080094
Enjoy!

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

>569 already this year so far
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.